THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

1 hour ago, Boof and Bloke said:

My first post in this section, with finally a video that's at least mildly entertaining, maybe?

Day 9 of EUC ownership, mo training, mo figure 8's, mo repetitions, mo stacks, mo better riding!

nice training place ... space alotta 😁 , and good choice of background music " Might as well jump" 😂 (rip Eddie VH)  keep on training, looks confident😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

nice training place ... space alotta 😁 , and good choice of background music " Might as well jump" 😂 (rip Eddie VH)  keep on training, looks confident😉

Have to agree, it’s the perfect training space, undercover, heaps of variety of areas, spaces, passages, and materials to ride over. 👍

I love mashups, how else can you get two or three songs for the price of one?! 🤣

3 hours ago, PurpleRiderUSA said:

Looking forward to the day I have this level of control and confidence. I went on a ride with an e-riders group here a few weeks back, I was on my e-scooter and they also ride with confidence and a little bravado at times. I’ll keep putting in the hard yards of practice. 

for a newb like me, how much of a difference does suspension make to undulating surfaces, curbs, footpath crossings, railroad tracks, etc? I’m yet to even venture into the real world from the safety of my practice spot, fingers crossed I start today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boof and Bloke said:

Looking forward to the day I have this level of control and confidence. I went on a ride with an e-riders group here a few weeks back, I was on my e-scooter and they also ride with confidence and a little bravado at times. I’ll keep putting in the hard yards of practice. 

for a newb like me, how much of a difference does suspension make to undulating surfaces, curbs, footpath crossings, railroad tracks, etc? I’m yet to even venture into the real world from the safety of my practice spot, fingers crossed I start today. 

If you hit a bump or a dip and you are going near the top speed of your EUC( relative to battery level), you will trigger a cut out and your EUC will dump you on the Pavement. The higher voltage and suspension are safety features that enhance the riding experience. If you don't plan on bombing down the streets or participate in races you can get away with a non suspension EUC.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:06 PM, Boof and Bloke said:

Like going from a first bicycle to a motorcycle, getting good at bicycling helps tremendously.  Also similar to bicycling is that slow riding is the hardest thing to do and it ends up making you the most agile and adaptive while riding higher speeds, traffic, seated, jumps, trails, dogs, and other advanced things.  

On 1/6/2024 at 8:13 PM, onewheelkoregro said:

If you hit a bump or a dip and you are going near the top speed of your EUC( relative to battery level), you will trigger a cut out and your EUC will dump you on the Pavement. The higher voltage and suspension are safety features that enhance the riding experience. If you don't plan on bombing down the streets or participate in races you can get away with a non suspension EUC.

So from riding my MSX-100V at 35 mph in city traffic (Syracuse 2019-2020), and then giving up speed for suspension (S-18 in 2020-2021) it was all because of the pot-holes and speed bumps making my ankles hurt.  I do as much riding sidewalks and grass with my dogs as city speed riding.  Both have impacts that can add up to the joints... repetetive impact thing.  I did get the MSX-100V back to 35 mph in 2023 with a new controller in it and a friend learning and killing it.  Another friend has a 35 mph V11 that I've ridden into the 20s... anyway, the point is you can ride w/o suspension if your roads are smoothe enough.  HOWEVER, there is a traction improvement. 

PS:  Video thread so here's an MSX-100V video from 2020.  :D 

PS:  I've gotten comfortable with the Master up to 50 mph.  Have done 52 a dozen times with it.  Yet still I'm not riding the most direct commute because it's not car-competitive on a 50 mph road.  So what?  Well, I'm looking forward to an EB GT Pro this spring!!!

Extreme Bull GT PRO, 3,000Wh Battery/4,000W Motor (8KW Peak) - ewheels.com

Edited by Elliott Reitz
ps
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

PS:  I've gotten comfortable with the Master up to 50 mph.  Have done 52 a dozen times with it.  Yet still I'm not riding the most direct commute because it's not car-competitive on a 50 mph road.  So what?  Well, I'm looking forward to an EB GT Pro this spring!!!

It looks like in the US, and the T.O. area in Canada, enforcement against euc's in car lanes travelling with traffic flow is not strict.

I see fast wheels will continue to sell.

Can't wait for your thoughts on the EB GT Pro should you get one. That sucker should have enough headroom for your needs. However, I have a couple of concerns, and these are whether the GT Pro has sufficient braking performance and stability.

8 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Like going from a first bicycle to a motorcycle, getting good at bicycling helps tremendously.  Also similar to bicycling is that slow riding is the hardest thing to do and it ends up making you the most agile and adaptive while riding higher speeds, traffic, seated, jumps, trails, dogs, and other advanced things.  

Sage advice and I’ve been spending time doing slow, slower and slower again drills of figure 8’s with a stop and free start in each lap. It’s been the best thing for my learning and confidence. Free starts are with a delicate step onto the second foot rest and my stops are equally as light now. 

I’ve started hill climbs and descent as well. Nearing the point of getting onto some bike paths along waterways and to start practicing crossing streets on footpath crossings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boof and Bloke said:

Nearing the point of getting onto some bike paths along waterways

Until that machine is 100% under your control I would avoid the waterways ! Only takes one slip-out in the wrong direction and your precious wheel could end up in the drink unless you have it tethered to you... I'm sure I don't need to explain how devastating that is - the wheel rarely survives a dip, and its battery packs become active fire hazards even if you retrieve it ! It's just so much easier to find paths not next to rivers (initially) ! Also, the riverbanks are where you are most likely to find rogue deep mud patches, which are your arch-nemesis in the early days ! Second only to sheet ice !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Until that machine is 100% under your control I would avoid the waterways ! Only takes one slip-out in the wrong direction and your precious wheel could end up in the drink unless you have it tethered to you... I'm sure I don't need to explain how devastating that is - the wheel rarely survives a dip, and its battery packs become active fire hazards even if you retrieve it ! It's just so much easier to find paths not next to rivers (initially) ! Also, the riverbanks are where you are most likely to find rogue deep mud patches, which are your arch-nemesis in the early days ! Second only to sheet ice !

My daily commute has short distance ride by lake. Still brick/asphalt path, but back of my mind i have a little panic attack each time. :D (Don't fall.. I hope wheel will not power off suddenly.. I hope i don't black out suddenly..) Knowing any miss-input could result my wheel going for a swim. If only i had A2.. :D 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

My daily commute has short distance ride by lake. Still brick/asphalt path, but back of my mind i have a little panic attack each time. :D (Don't fall.. I hope wheel will not power off suddenly.. I hope i don't black out suddenly..) Knowing any miss-input could result my wheel going for a swim. If only i had A2.. :D 

I can remember this feeling. Meanwhile, I ride backward eights close to the river without even thinking about it for a millisecond :D 

Now I wonder whether my minimal comfort distance at a quaiside is still closer when walking. After all, I did many more hours of wheeling than of outside walking in the last 5-or-so years.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

I made this video while using the eWheels/Begode inverter, brewing coffee while riding. Not going to try it again because it was rather cumbersome holding the coffee pot and inverter while riding, but it was fun lol

Lols :) Reminds me of the time I tried to make an Earl Grey tea by collecting ingredients (cup, tea bag, spoon, sugar, milk, water etc) from pre-placed pickup points along my normal riding route. I gave up in the end - stuff kept going missing, getting wet or falling off stuff. Your idea about taking it all with you was much better :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sbb said:

Interesting

There is something wrong with that video. Who and what is "China Observer"?    Why does the first scene look like something staged - why are people standing at a "good" distance and waiting, one even with a camera ready, as well as the one who filmed what we see? Seems like people are just waiting for something to happen..

Annotation 2024-01-10 144544.jpg

Edited by Robse
  • Upvote 1

I clicked on the channel name. Appears to be a Chinese  “ news” channel.

Edit: the rest of that vid is interesting….

Esp. 12:15 -12:30…

Edited by OldFartRides

13 hours ago, sbb said:

Interesting

WOW!!!  That really makes a point about these batteries, and the Chinese tech apparently lacking safeguards.  While I agree that the initial video seems a bit fishy, their is a lot of 'real' content in the complete video.

9 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

I clicked on the channel name. Appears to be a Chinese  “ news” channel.

Edit: the rest of that vid is interesting….

Esp. 12:15 -12:30…

Well...  good and bad.    a little "not colored" info found on reddit.  What to beleive is the game.

• Like 1