Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

These wheels handle salt water just fine

It's not because you did it once or a couple of times without issues that they will handle it "just fine". Salt water is about as bad as you can get for lots of materials. It will destroy nearly everything if you expose it long enough. And on our euc's there are plenty of places where it can settle down and do its thing without being able to clean it off (unless you hose down your euc inside out).

Imagine reading this, buying one of these while you live at the beach and riding through salt water 3 times a week. I wonder how good everything will look one year down the line.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jbwheel said:

@Marty Backe The wheel will be fine but not your fingers if you touch the pins (by mistake while putting back the cap for example).

I've never touched the pins. I can't imagine how anyone could ever touch the pins. There's zero reason why your fingers should ever get close to the pins. There must be something I don't understand :confused1:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

It's not because you did it once or a couple of times without issues that they will handle it "just fine". Salt water is about as bad as you can get for lots of materials. It will destroy nearly everything if you expose it long enough. And on our euc's there are plenty of places where it can settle down and do its thing without being able to clean it off (unless you hose down your euc inside out).

Imagine reading this, buying one of these while you live at the beach and riding through salt water 3 times a week. I wonder how good everything will look one year down the line.

I image that it's common sense that you rinse off the wheel with fresh water after riding through the ocean. That's what I did and others have done. But sure, if you ride through the ocean a lot without cleaning the wheel I'm sure you'll have problems with the wheel eventually. Don't do that :P

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I image that it's common sense that you rinse off the wheel with fresh water after riding through the ocean. That's what I did and others have done. But sure, if you ride through the ocean a lot without cleaning the wheel I'm sure you'll have problems with the wheel eventually. Don't do that :P

Do you rinse the inside of the cover (between wheel and cover)?

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

Do you rinse the inside of the cover (between wheel and cover)?

No. I rinse the wheel mostly. Unless you're storing your wheel in a bucket of salt water, the plastic is not going to be affected. Just rinse off of the metals bits and you'll be fine.

I'm speaking from experience. If you're speaking from theory than I don't have much to offer.

11 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've never touched the pins. I can't imagine how anyone could ever touch the pins. There's zero reason why your fingers should ever get close to the pins. There must be something I don't understand :confused1:

I have kids, 18 months is enough to switch the wheel on and try to do like dad with the charger. The cap is also getting loose (the USB one is worse on my MCM4 despite using it a couple of time)... Most wheels do not have a live charging port, only GW as far as I know. And a few have fuses.

• Like 2

I love Marty but damn he has cost me a lot of money.... ;)

Thank you for your order

Your order has been received and is now being processed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:

Order #5127

NEW: MTen3 the 10" Rocket, 512Wh/800W Motor - 512

• Like 3

Wow Duf, I thought you had written off Gotway :P

I really hope you love this wheel as much as I do. You're going to really enjoy taking your backward riding skills to the next level with this wheel. You'll be doing tight circles, backward flourishes, etc. all over the place :D  Just don't take it for a ride to your Dunkin' Donuts stop ;)

Congrat's :cheers:

57 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Wow Duf, I thought you had written off Gotway :P

I really hope you love this wheel as much as I do. You're going to really enjoy taking your backward riding skills to the next level with this wheel. You'll be doing tight circles, backward flourishes, etc. all over the place :D  Just don't take it for a ride to your Dunkin' Donuts stop ;)

Congrat's :cheers:

Well I did shelve Gotway products and had a KingSong designated as my next purchase, however......   when I saw how much fun you were having and when I thought how the KS16S or 18S will give me different but similar experiences to my Msuper and Monster, it made more sense to go with something that is a totally different EUC in pretty much every way.  So yes, it's your fault. ;)

And I still may try to see if I can squeak out the 20 mile DD ride on it , lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Duf said:

Well I did shelve Gotway products and had a KingSong designated as my next purchase, however......   when I saw how much fun you were having and when I thought how the KS16S or 18S will give me different but similar experiences to my Msuper and Monster, it made more sense to go with something that is a totally different EUC in pretty much every way.  So yes, it's your fault. ;)

And I still may try to see if I can squeak out the 20 mile DD ride on it , lol.

That's a great rationale for picking a new wheel. That why I have one wheel for each available size. I currently (I'm leaving myself an out) don't have more than one wheel of any given size.

You can be sure the Mten3 will be like no other wheel that you've ridden :)

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Lovely!

And when i see that...here we are going on autumn and winter coming soon :-(

I don't envy you your winters, that's for sure B)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

"Dodging" - the act of avoiding a collision with an object, person, or large hairy shemale.  :whistling:

...except for that one close encounter with the lady at 9:12 where she's like I'ma just gonna turn this way to avoid this man on the small wheel approaching, and Marty's going I'm gonna veer around you baby no worries... then boom the Mtenanic gets sunk!  :D  ...oooor maybe it was intentional... dun dun dun... I woulda probably chosen the hot babe with the dog near the end for an "accidental close encounter," but hey to each their own.  :innocent1:  The wheel wants to roll where the wheel wants to roll...

:roflmao:I got lots of laughs from this post Hunka. Thanks for that, it's good to laugh :D

Yeah, that slow speed collision (we actually didn't touch, but the miss was probably less than an inch) was funny to me, her, probably not. A classic case of both picking the same direction to avoid each other.

A year ago this ride would have been much more nerve racking on my part. Now I have zero trepidation about riding in any kind of crowd. And the Mten3 makes it really effortless.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

A year ago this ride would have been much more nerve racking on my part. Now I have zero trepidation about riding in any kind of crowd. And the Mten3 makes it really effortless.

I know what I'll get after my V8 expires ... MTen4 (with trolley). :)

Edited by Meng Yang
Add
  • Like 1

On 29.9.2017 at 2:06 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

"Dodging" - the act of avoiding a collision with an object, person, or large hairy shemale.  :whistling:

...except for that one close encounter with the lady at 9:12 where she's like I'ma just gonna turn this way to avoid this man on the small wheel approaching, and Marty's going I'm gonna veer around you baby no worries... then boom the Mtenanic gets sunk!  :D  ...oooor maybe it was intentional... dun dun dun... I woulda probably chosen the hot babe with the dog near the end for an "accidental close encounter," but hey to each their own.  :innocent1:  The wheel wants to roll where the wheel wants to roll...

lol :D:D

5:27 was fun as well...what was going on with this big booty power ranger style ladys ?:lol:

• Like 3

On 9/12/2017 at 6:40 PM, trya said:

Weight/Size: Luffy is significantly lighter and smaller, even though both wheels are 10". One can easily carry Luffy in the backpack - but I wouldn't do this with Mten3, as it is a heavier and bulkier. You can walk with Luffy in hand for a long time - not so easy with Mten3.

I am thinking of buying mten3 as my last mile commute.  Do you think it can do the job?

Edited by senioreuc

56 minutes ago, trya said:

yes, if you don't have to carry it much - it is relatively heavy and doesn't have any trolley, so you need to carry it in hand where you can't ride.

I know what you mean. Once, I carried my X3-clone (with both pedals sticking out) for about 5K ... no fun at all! :barf:

Edited by Meng Yang
Add
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trya said:

yes, if you don't have to carry it much - it is relatively heavy and doesn't have any trolley, so you need to carry it in hand where you can't ride.

27 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

I know what you mean. Once, I carried my X3-clone (with both pedals sticking out) for about 5K ... no fun at all! :barf:

Agreed. If you truly just want a wheel for last mile commuting, you're probably also talking about walking with it for some period of time (into office building, etc.). I would recommend a wheel that has a trolley handle.

My Mten3 is a bit over 20 pounds, and unfortunately Gotway designed a very uncomfortable handle (sharp edges that dig into your hand). But if you only have to carry it very short distances, it's a great wheel with lots of safety margin (large battery and powerful motor equals lots of safety margin if you ride at a leisurely pace).

• Upvote 3