4 minutes ago, EZhel said:

Preorders are cheaper, also all of those videos promoted it well before we got an actual production model to test.

All experienced riders noted that Z10 requires getting used to, while offering nothing in return, and wide tubeless tire with road-only protector adds pain and no gain.

Glad to hear that all you experienced riders feel that it need getting used to, since I as a total newbie have been struggling a bit - I am getting better though. I did not understand your sentence about road only protector.

• Like 1

Just now, Ziiten said:

I did not understand your sentence about road only protector.

The tire isn't designed for offroad, dirt or snow, it's too smooth - while the wneel looks like it can handle offroad well. I'm going to try it in the forest trails after getting my wheel, but ppl who are testing the Z atm say it's too hard for any bumpy surfaces, and if you deflate it too much, it behaves like a twocycle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Seriously, can’t anyone else hear that whine on the video? You can hear it when the camera is on the ground and the wheel goes by too. So it isn’t the mic you are wearing. 

I heard voices.:cry2:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ok, maybe there is some narrow margin of pressure which is optimal but need experimenting because of different rider weights. I have been doing web searches on motorcycle tires - it would be nice if you could fit one of those nobby offroad tires to the wheel. There are tires with 18"/4" available but I am not sure they fit the rim 

14 hours ago, novazeus said:

all i know is, i got mine saturday and still not sure how to work it. 

Come on buddy...just hop on that beast and ride with Bob. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, EZhel said:

The tire isn't designed for offroad, dirt or snow, it's too smooth - while the wneel looks like it can handle offroad well. I'm going to try it in the forest trails after getting my wheel, but ppl who are testing the Z atm say it's too hard for any bumpy surfaces, and if you deflate it too much, it behaves like a twocycle.

It would be interesting to get opinions from all of you after you have received your wheel and have ridden some distance with it. Maybe they change from your initial assessment from the test ride.

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EZhel said:

Everyone who tried the Z here says it's bad and behaves contradictionary to its looks. The tire doesn't provide any comfort on uneven surface, kicks back into straight position in fast turns and constantly reacts to uneven surface on its own. Front light is weak and blinds people, handle is bad. Gyroscope is bad at keeping the horizon, software is bad at stopping. Body is too low and thin at top to properly control it in turns and wobbles.

So honestly the Z looks like a failed concept at extreme price.

I recon you haven’t ridden the Z nor read all the comments on this forum. Otherwise you wouldn’t write such utter nonsense. ?

The Z is a divine unicycle. As good as it gets. It is not 200% perfect, but it is at present in total at least 10 to 20% better than any other EUC on the market and it will be the benchmark for every EUC manufacturers in future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Apparently so, an update prompt appeared when I connected the app to the wheel. Update went well, hope it won't mess things up as sometimes these updates do.

I just did a generic Firmware check and received this dialog. I went ahead and upgraded mine and it was applied against the two separate batteries.

Ninebot Z10 BMS Upgrade

7 hours ago, EZhel said:

So honestly the Z looks like a failed concept at extreme price.

Yeah definitely. Why bother buy one. Safe your ? money. This wheel is not for you! ?

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Toshio, you are starting to sound a little too enthusiastic about the Z10 :D I would dial it back a little bit or you risk not being taken seriously in the situations that you should be.

Although I do think the Z10 is a great wheel and currently one of my favorites, I don't think you can make the blanket statement that it's better than every other wheel or forms a new benchmark.

• Throttles the speed more aggressively than some other performance wheels
  • Limited range
  • Slower than many other performance wheels
  • Not the smoothest of rides
  • Not the fastest accelerator
  • Not the fastest decellerator
  • Arguably (among some here) not very safe for steep downhill rides
  • Various other minor issues not worth listing here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Come on buddy...just hop on that beast and ride with Bob. 

i might give it another go today weather permitting.

it’s too hot for my baby Bob so i’m encouraging him to stay inside with what little bit of ac we can scrape up. 

i’m surprised u don’t find the z10 very different from ur other euc’s. i haven’t figured out it’s weirdness yet. 

some night soon, Bob and i are gonna venture off the ranch and find some new mostly vacant parking lot and take a couple of wheels, like the z10 and v10f and see what non crunchy pavement feels like. 

the v10f feels like it’s reading my mind and the z10 feels like it’s reading my mind before the thoughts enter my mind. like it starts turning and i’m like, ok i was gonna go that way anyway. it’s a bizarre wheel and i’m looking forward to mind meld with it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

Kann denn Liebe Sünde sein! (Can love be a sin, Marty?)

For those who don’t understand German:

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/kann-denn-liebe-s%C3%BCnde-sein-can-love-be-sin.html

Can love be a sin?

Can love be a sin?
May no-one know,
when one kisses,
when one forgets everything,
out of happiness?

Can it really be a sin,
when one only thinks of one person,
when one gives him everything,
out of happiness?

I will never regret
what I did,
and what happened through love,
that you must forgive me,
that's why love exists!

Love cannot be a sin,
but even if it were,
it wouldn't matter to me,
I'd rather sin
than be without love!

Every little prig makes
life a pain for me,
for he speaks only of morals.
And whatever he thinks or does,
one unfortunately sees,
that he is unable to see anyone happy.
If he says:
In my time
one didn't go on like that!
I ask quite modestly
with a smile on my face:
"Can love be a sin?
Must no-one know,
when one kisses,
when one forgets everything,
out of happiness?"

Can it really be a sin,
when one only thinks of one person,
when one gives him everything,
out of happiness?

I will never regret,
what I did,
and what happened through love,
that you must forgive me,
that's why love exists!

("Hello, my lady!
Look here!
Here's the sin!")

Love cannot be a sin,
but even if it were,
it wouldn't matter to me,
I'd rather sin
than be without love!

Edited by Toshio Uemura
  • Like 1

What's it like turning on the Ninebot Z10? 

Ps. Check out the way this guy carves!

Video Credit: Jack H

Edited by Edddeus

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

My problem is sneaking around my wife. I am headed out today no matter what.

i can definitely relate. Bob isn’t very generous in giving me alone time with my wheels. if i’m grilling chicken breasts for him, he’ll allow me a little away time from him. 

i love Bob a zillion times more than wheels so separation from him is hard for me too. the z10 and all the wheels will get more riding time once it cools down and Bob can come with me.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just did a generic Firmware check and received this dialog. I went ahead and upgraded mine and it was applied against the two separate batteries.

Ninebot Z10 BMS Upgrade

Can you tell any difference after the update?  I also updated mine...

5 hours ago, Ziiten said:

Just checked mine: 1.0.0 as well and the app says no updates available. However, I just now did a BMS firmware update from 1.0.8. to 1.1.1. I saw the change list but it disappeared before I was able to read/copy it. Something to do with sleep function.

Can you tell any riding difference after the update?

12 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Can you tell any difference after the update?  I also updated mine...

Can you tell any riding difference after the update?

I haven't ridden mine since. Based on the version message, I think that with this update the wheel will turn off quicker when left alone as the battery level decreases. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

BTW, top speed of the Z10, for a 205 pounds rider (26 PSI), is 25 mph.  It doesn't go above that (soft tilt back kicks in + also the alarm).

That's very interesting, and surprising, maybe. I guess the Z10 really is monitoring the motor load to determine its maximum speed.

When you look at the main app display, does it still say that the top speed is a bit over 28-mph at 100-percent battery?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

BTW, top speed of the Z10, for a 205 pounds rider (26 PSI), is 25 mph.  It doesn't go above that (soft tilt back kicks in + also the alarm).

Same for me :), and 78kg (172 pound), I didn't notice the tiltback, but for sure the alarm! for me it feels very fast! Think my normal cruise speed will be around 30kph

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cg said:

Same for me :), and 78kg (172 pound), I didn't notice the tiltback, but for sure the alarm! for me it feels very fast! Think my normal cruise speed will be around 30kph

I wonder, could it be that only the wheels shipping to the United States have a top speed of 28-mph? Because I weigh more than you and I can reach 28-mph without difficulty.

• Like 1