4 hours ago, Lukasz said:

There is one thing which worries me...  have closer look on the coils inside the motor - they are loose and done in very "untidy" way - EcoDrift mentions that - (in Russian, yes I can read it) rest of the main things are done really nice. I wonder if the Z10 motor is also so badly wired inside..

yeah i saw that but don’t speak russian. 

what wheel was that at the end next to it i guess for size comparison?

It seems the Z10 isn’t such a finished flawless product as one might think.

After sending my Blackbox Data to Ninebot they responded quickly and told me that there seems to be a problem with the motor or the mainboard and they want me to switch those parts.

I contacted my dealer to do this whole process but by now I‘m a little bit afraid of trying steeper declines in the future.

With a sudden cutoff at 80% battery and a 15Degree decline after less than 100km this is a no go. 

The issue with the stopping power must be solved, it’s a mystery why this wheel gets me up nearly everywhere but breaking power is less than an E+.

With normal riding the Z10 feels very comfortable and you can easily travel at high speeds. Hopefully in the future I can trust this wheel the same way as I do with the E+ and the S2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jekyll_500 said:

It seems the Z10 isn’t such a finished flawless product as one might think.

After sending my Blackbox Data to Ninebot they responded quickly and told me that there seems to be a problem with the motor or the mainboard and they want me to switch those parts.

I contacted my dealer to do this whole process but by now I‘m a little bit afraid of trying steeper declines in the future.

With a sudden cutoff at 80% battery and a 15Degree decline after less than 100km this is a no go. 

The issue with the stopping power must be solved, it’s a mystery why this wheel gets me up nearly everywhere but breaking power is less than an E+.

With normal riding the Z10 feels very comfortable and you can easily travel at high speeds. Hopefully in the future I can trust this wheel the same way as I do with the E+ and the S2.

obviously sorry to hear that, most importantly i hope u weren’t hurt.

for me, especially for these devices, this is why there almost has to be an euc forum.

i keep begging for sticky topics like “segway ninebot z10 known issues” so u don’t by chance miss something that gets u hurt and could be avoided. like until this is sorted out, the smart money would be to avoid 15degree declines at 80% power.

again, thanks for sharing and please keep us updated.

the ford and chevy type mentality think ur dissing their brand and get upset but this is about staying safe.

actually, on second thought, as soon as i wallpaper my z10 with this black ribbed 4/10” thick yoga mat i bought(building a tank) i do probably have a 15 degree slope in my pasture. be a good place for a control cutoff. i’ll suit up even though the grass is still pretty lush. i wanna see what this downhill braking problem is firsthand even though i have to hunt for hills down here.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1

Thanks, nothing happened to me as I was on declining with 3-4km/h, but the Trolley and the pedals got some damage... I could jump off but I was so shocked that this could really happen.

I have to say, that it is really a steep climb...but I wonder if there is really a problem with the motor or the mainboard as Ninebot mentioned, but we'll see once my wheel is "repaired".

Maybe I'll take a photo to show this climb/decline.

I don't want to bash ninebot as I think these are really quality made Products I normally "trust" and I'm sure that this problem will be fixed in the near future.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Thanks, nothing happened to me as I was on declining with 3-4km/h, but the Trolley and the pedals got some damage... I could jump off but I was so shocked that this could really happen.

I have to say, that it is really a steep climb...but I wonder if there is really a problem with the motor or the mainboard as Ninebot mentioned, but we'll see once my wheel is "repaired".

Maybe I'll take a photo to show this climb/decline.

I don't want to bash ninebot as I think these are really quality made Products I normally "trust" and I'm sure that this problem will be fixed in the near future.

with this precarious form of transportaion, i don’t think we should worry about feelings getting hurt, life and limb are waay more important.

i bet ninebot wants to figure this out badly and make any corrections. 

nothing man has ever built is perfect. we are incapable of that.

it’s all about attitude and trying to do the best u can and hopefully that’s ninebot’s philosophy as well.

u can tell by the construction of the wheel that they put some real effort and money into it, money that can only be recouped with lots of sales.

they won’t let this stain stay long.

10 hours ago, Jekyll_500 said:

Seems the steepest part has up to 18degrees, but nevertheless ninebot claims 25° and as I'm about 195pounds that shouldn't be a problem.

BTW the Z10 manages to get me up this climb with more than 8km/h with ease.

LRG_DSC06717.thumb.jpg.ac7fbf5e8b10320fbcb0e31ff97109c0.jpg

Hard to tell from pictures sometimes, but this does look like a descent that I'd be cautious with on my Z10.

• Like 1

I know it's hard to see, but it's 16-18° and in martys mountain stress test... I thought he did about 25°-30°.

If ninebot advertises 25° it would be good to know which rider weight they mentioned and with the S2 and the E+ there has never been a decline i couldn't to if the wheel got me up the slope, with the Z10 it's vice versa. Maybe there is a possibility that ninebot can fix this issue.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 12:22 AM, Lukasz said:

There is one thing which worries me...  have closer look on the coils inside the motor - they are loose and done in very "untidy" way - EcoDrift mentions that - (in Russian, yes I can read it) rest of the main things are done really nice. I wonder if the Z10 motor is also so badly wired inside..

Absolutely the same, Z10:
https://ecodrift.ru/2018/09/10/razbiraem-z10-vzveshivaem-raznye-dvigateli/
Z6:
https://ecodrift.ru/2018/08/10/ninebot-z6-razbiraem-izmeryaem-i-vzveshivaem/

1 hour ago, Ziiten said:

For those interested, Ian published yesterday an unboxing/first impressions range test vid on the Z10.

Entertaining as usual. I really disagree with his summary that the wheel is bad at slow speeds. Seems very strange and I don't understand it. The Z10 is one of the best wheels I've ever ridden at slow speeds.

I have to assume it's because he never adjusted the tire pressure (which I don't understand why he wouldn't).

Hopefully his opinion will change as he rides the wheel more.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Entertaining as usual. I really disagree with his summary that the wheel is bad at slow speeds. Seems very strange and I don't understand it. The Z10 is one of the best wheels I've every ridden at slow speeds.

I have to assume it's because he never adjusted the tire pressure (which I don't understand why he wouldn't).

Hopefully his opinion will change as he rides the wheel more.

+1 absolutely agree

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

what it is the issue at slow speed? 

Hi Robert, I think Ian refers to the problem with wide tire being pushed to the sides if you get to the bumps which hit only left/right part of the tire and in this way destabilize your ride. With time we all learn how to counteract in such situations, so now in some places I wonder what it may have been so difficult in this specific part of the road which pushed me off-balance two months ago...  Now - I see no problem with that at all. However - this is something which comes WITH TIME . Or I am not that big genius with learning curve....  

2 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

Hi Robert, I think Ian refers to the problem with wide tire being pushed to the sides if you get to the bumps which hit only left/right part of the tire and in this way destabilize your ride. With time we all learn how to counteract in such situations, so now in some places I wonder what it may have been so difficult in this specific part of the road which pushed me off-balance two months ago...  Now - I see no problem with that at all. However - this is something which comes WITH TIME . Or I am not that big genius with learning curve....  

yes this is true, and I'm agree with you, technique must be develop, and as Marty said, the tire pressure also has a lot concerning

it is contradictory that reference portals of the wheels issue reviews of the Zeta without dominating it, this does not happen with the rest of the wheels since all the others are handled the same, but not the Zeta that breaks the schemes and forces a relearning. It is not a good message, lightly made reviews that mislead the audience since you can not draw conclusions with the Zeta with just a few miles, and it's not valid having done hundreds of miles with other wheels

• Like 1

I think he said he will be doing more vids with tyre pressure testing and more (real life riding style) range tests. I also, generally, disagree with the slow speed maneuverability, I think it is great. But I agree with what he said about riding into those slight imperfections on the road even at low speeds (he showed an example); if you along a seam in asphalt where one is slightly higher than the other, the wheel strongly pulls you to one side. And about the range tests his goal is apparently to get the least mileage possible just to demonstrate what you get at least in non-ideal riding. He got only about 22 miles, which sounds very low, but maybe not in his riding style and weight. He did not mention it, I think, but one thing I have noticed is that it is difficult to ride on roads which are inclined horizontally.

Edited by Ziiten
  • Like 1

what would happen if before going down the hill if u mounted the wheel backwards so the taillight was in front. 

i’ve accidently riddden all my wheels when they were facing the wrong way and it didn’t matter but the 9bot z10 has a definite front and back.

20 hours ago, Jekyll_500 said:

I know it's hard to see, but it's 16-18° and in martys mountain stress test... I thought he did about 25°-30°.

If ninebot advertises 25° it would be good to know which rider weight they mentioned and with the S2 and the E+ there has never been a decline i couldn't to if the wheel got me up the slope, with the Z10 it's vice versa. Maybe there is a possibility that ninebot can fix this issue.

Edited by novazeus

7 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

...I agree with what he said about riding into those slight imperfections on the road even at low speeds (he showed an example); if you along a seam in asphalt where one is slightly higher than the other, the wheel strongly pulls you to one side...

I get this on my InMotion V8 and on all my bicycles. Is it really any worse on a Z10? I do ride with high tyre pressure (~50 psi on my V8) to maximise range and I still find that pressure comfortable. But riding along these 'tramlines' is quite scary.

Edited by Nic

6 minutes ago, Ziiten said:

to demonstrate what you get at least in non-ideal riding. He got only about 22 miles, which sounds very low, but maybe not in his riding style and weight.

All stronger / faster wheels will have range GREATLY reduced if you push it to the limit. This is exactly the same story as with the cars - the moment You push it - the gasoline consumption can TRIPLE .  that is why governments and various certification bodies try to create some standard of gasoline consumption. 

AFAIK taking Bugatti Veyron to the top speed.... allows something like 15 minutes of ride from the full tank of 90? liters...

39 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

what it is the issue at slow speed? 

Hard to say from the vid, given that low speed would mean in particular walking speed and below, i.e. 2-5km/h. The vid seems to show almost exclusively speeds above the walking speed of the pedestrians.

Edited by Mono

3 minutes ago, Mono said:

Hard to say from the vid, given that low speed would mean in particular walking speed and below, i.e. 2-5km/h. The vid seems to show speed above the walking speed of the pedestrians.

See minute 39 of the Ian vid. 

Also - see two more minutes - with control when breaking... Ian is forgetting about the handle - and sides of it which create support (as he did not install the handle for ??? who know reason (maybe beauty)