If you fell off EUC and got injured in the last few years, how are you all doing now?

Planetpapi

5 minutes ago, caelus said:

I don't think, that's a good way for a fruitful discussion.

Not everything thinks the same thing, caelus. If me and you told each other to fuck themselves for 50 lines, that'd be fruitful to me.

High fives are great, but without slaps in the face, they'd lose their meaning. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, caelus said:

What kind of habit is that to give negative rep on each post??

What sort of a recidivist Nimrod would say its a firmware problem without knowing what the firmware was addressing? You constantly interject the wrong opinion and whats worse, an ill informed dangerously wrong opinion on issues you have absolutely no understanding of. 

The wise man listens more than he speaks. Thats how he learns.

• Upvote 2

Indeed, very well put. 

I had never given a negative until this guy, and not because he's dangerous, it's because he's an asshole who's saying he's better than everyone else. 

"I ride fast forever with no helmet because I'm not a retarded piece of shit like you guys!" 

That's how I read every single thing he posts. Going fast with no helmet is NO problem, but when you start telling others they should do it too and they are either A- A pussy or B- an idiot, fuck that shit, and fuck you dude. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Indeed, very well put. 

I had never given a negative until this guy, and not because he's dangerous, it's because he's an asshole who's saying he's better than everyone else. 

"I ride fast forever with no helmet because I'm not a retarded piece of shit like you guys!" 

That's how I read every single thing he posts. Going fast with no helmet is NO problem, but when you start telling others they should do it too and they are either A- A pussy or B- an idiot, fuck that shit, and fuck you dude. 

:laughbounce2: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

and are still going on your standpoint, that a cutout by normal driving can not be reached.

cut-out speed.
Under load, you cannot reach the nominal UPM of a lift test where the wheel cuts out on speed, as in the loaded case there's just not enough torque to accelerate so far. Or as EUC extrem has put it here: "This amount has nothing to do with the engine off. Speed is the one who turns the engine off. Wattage can surely tilt the front of the pedals, but does not turn the engine off. Can easily drive to 5000W readings without cutting. Though kilometers uphill."

However, we do know from loaded bench tests, that wheels do cut out on overload. That might be temp related. I am not aware of any test figuring that out more precisely. Maybe you can point me to some? 

Edited by caelus

4 minutes ago, caelus said:

cut-out speed.
Under load, you cannot reach the nominal UPM of a lift test where the wheel cuts out on speed, as in the loaded case there's just not enough torque to accelerate so far. Or as EUC extrem has put it here: "This amount has nothing to do with the engine off. Speed is the one who turns the engine off. Wattage can surely tilt the front of the pedals, but does not turn the engine off. Can easily drive to 5000W readings without cutting. Though kilometers uphill."

However, we do know from loaded bench tests, that wheels do cut out on overload. That might be temp related. I am not aware of any test figuring that out more precisely. Maybe you can point me to some? 

i give up...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

i give up...

I gave up way back on Monday as below: he will probably understand it all OK after a good wack on the head when he overspeeds his Gotway ?

Edited by Keith
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Going fast with no helmet is NO problem, ...

My point is, that helmets, apparently, don't help, as there is overwhelming statistical evidence on that from other means of transport and sports. So it remains as dangerous to go fast, whether you are wearing a helmet or not.

Whether you trust those statistics or have other arguments is part of the discussion. No need to feel offended or offend others.

Just now, caelus said:

My point is, that helmets, apparently, don't help, as there is overwhelming statistical evidence on that from other means of transport and sports. So it remains as dangerous to go fast, whether you are wearing a helmet or not.

Whether you trust those statistics or have other arguments is part of the discussion. No need to feel offended or offend others.

Maybe they work, maybe they don't, the point is that YOU don't get to decide for US. We don't get to decide for you either. Isn't that nice? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, caelus said:

Funny that you completely ignore the nuances brought up in one of the articles that you use as proof that helmets don't work. (The one about skiing). Of course they can't save you from everything. What it basically states is that, helmet or not, if you crash hard enough to get a brain injury, you'll get a brain injury. But what it also states is that if you have a less severe crash, your injuries are less severe than without a helmet.

If you crash into a wall at 80 km/h head-first you will die. Helmet or no helmet. Conclusion: helmets are bullshit because they don't save you in this case. However if you crash at 20 km/h a helmet will make a difference. But let's ignore that and focus on the 80 km/h case for 16 pages ....

But anyway, let's talk about the earth being flat.

4233CDD800000578-4682728-image-a-23_1499

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, caelus said:

You can win any discussion by claiming that all evidence presented to you is "false" (or, "fake news" to coin a cool term) and that only your "evidence" is right (just as flat earthers do).

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/theurbanist/2016/09/26/do-bicycle-helmets-work/

https://theconversation.com/bike-helmets-an-emergency-doctors-perspective-13935

https://sites.google.com/site/bicyclehelmetmythsandfacts/

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

You can win any discussion by claiming that all evidence presented to you is "false" ...

There is a discrepancy of case control studies and time series studies, yes. That's why there is such debate. Figuring out which arguments are more convincing is part of the discussion. Its not about winning or loosing it. 

@caelus His studies that he claim show helmets dont work, actually show their efficacy in speeds slower than 30kp/h. Even his evidence is against him. To say the issue is unsettled is bizarre.

The freedom to choose lets you choose to be stupid, and you are overexercising that freedom. It does not extend to you trying to defend your freedom with lies and half truths. That actually makes others think that you cant discern the difference between freedom and ignorance. That is a dangerous cocktail and you are its poster child. Thats why regulations are written. So you are a cause of your own discomfort and are exceedingly blind to it. You are your own worst enemy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan Onymous said:

So to bring this conversation back to the topic of how are you recovering from a EUC injury, I have one thats tricky.

My worst injury as far as chronic pain and mobility issues happened when I stepped off my wheel to let someone else ride it. Not that the injury of their superior riding skills crushed my spirit, but from running along side of them after not having run for 2 years.

I ran about 4-5 miles on Monday and I am still having problems going down stairs or rising quickly from the couch for a therapy beer. Even when I busted up my hand from no wrist guards, I still had my other hand to use. Sure I couldnt drive a stick shift for a week, but I could tow them with my auto trans Pickup truck. 

This is why people who run or bike for that matter always look pained while doing their activity. They are envisioning the added pain of the after ride. This is also why I always smile when I ride even if it creeps them out at weird hours of the day and night.

Knowing the backstory to your comment, this is so funny :lol:  Sorry if I'm laughing at your discomfort. We did offer to run in your place, but you were having none of it ;)

Take our offer next time - hopefully there won't be a next time :blink:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Marty Backe said:

Take our offer next time - hopefully there won't be a next time :blink:

I have decided to incorporate jogging into my exercise at least once a month so I dont lose this conditioning. The starting and stopping probably didnt help actually. Also not walking it down at the end of the run let my musles tense up as well.

:w00t2:I wanted to do it, and really kind of had fun while doing it. Was amazed at the conditioning that EUC riding gives aerobically. Really never ran out of breath, and if I had had more than a packet of Hostess donettes for breakfast I may have run with more energy.

I forgot about the break in time for the legs each spring during track season.:crying: And even though I try to convince myself of this on a daily basis - I guess I'm not a kid anymore. ? I still think that emoji is funny tho!

• Upvote 1