Best comments you have recieved while riding

16bitSprite

Not everyone is used to seeing people ride past on one wheel, and usually we get quite a few looks and comments.

I was wondering what the best comments you have received from passers by while riding.

For me it was a little boy, with eyes as wide as dinner plates asking his mother "Look Look!! Is that a Robot?"

I laughed my whole trip.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

53 minutes ago, Jose Otal said:

the boy tells his father, papa papa how it works? and I'm thinking me how did you explain it, if you do not know our secret? gyroscopes

Oh! Those parents.. it's not easy for them
In some sense they lose face in the children's eyes because they don't know how to answer..

2 hours ago, 16bitSprite said:

I was wondering what the best comments you have received from passers by while riding.

Take a look here:

Some pretty hilarious comments there ;)

Not really a comment received but this scenario is worth sharing.

while approaching uphill on a bike trail, a girl was walking down the grass hill, she locked her eyes on my EUC and was memorized by the device, loss her footing, fell and rolled down hill towards me, as I approached, I said "careful walking"...lol

I need an action cam, wished I filmed it...it's was the funniest thing, I almost loss my own balance...

I get "WTF is that" every other day. I get "dude that is sick" everyday. I got "yo, gimme that sh*t!" only once thank god! "Where can I get one" and "your (or that's) amazing" about once a week "look mom he's floating through the air" I get "yer crazy" allot, and "that looks like a death trap" every now and then. Mean ones like the "honk honk" and "get the f**k out the way" type stuff really sucks from time to time.

But this is my all time favorite and I was lucky enough to catch it on film....

Me and my KS14b have had allot of good times too!

"That's lit!" - I had to Google that one as I wasn't quite sure what she meant.

"You got swag!" - Thanks I think and back to Google... need to find a teen translator app...

"What the heck is that?"

"Now that's the way to travel!"

"At least move your arms to make it look like you're making an effort!"

Oddly enough similar phrases are spoken to me in bed.  ;) Um, not the teen phrases that is.  :rolleyes:

Ha ha. Love it. He certainly wasn't camera shy either. The most common ones that i get are "That's cheating", "That's so cool", "What is that thing?" and "Get off and walk you lazy f***er" The last one is always said in jest by the same bloke i go running past frequently. Ironically, he has a big pot belly and will either be carrying a beer or lit cigarette at all times.  ?

12 minutes ago, 16bitSprite said:

Ha ha. Love it. He certainly wasn't camera shy either. The most common ones that i get are "That's cheating", "That's so cool", "What is that thing?" and "Get off and walk you lazy f***er" The last one is always said in jest by the same bloke i go running past frequently. Ironically, he has a big pot belly and will either be carrying a beer or lit cigarette at all times.  ?

When someone yells at me " get a bike", i yell back " get a life". Very effective.

• 10 months later...

Heard yesterday (good day):

• Screamed out of a car window by a passenger: "You're the smartest person I've seen on those." ??? 
  • Overheard, one homeless dude to another as I rode by: "I love those things."

3 hours ago, who_the said:

Heard yesterday (good day):

• Screamed out of a car window by a passenger: "You're the smartest person I've seen on those." ??? 
  • Overheard, one homeless dude to another as I rode by: "I love those things."

Yeah, the homeless love these things

On 10/13/2016 at 10:26 AM, Jose Otal said:

the boy tells his father, papa papa how it works? and I'm thinking me how did you explain it, if you do not know our secret? gyroscopes

Mind Control.

I saw a man staring at my riding.

I said, "I know what your thinking, it's all mind control"

Rode past, unable to hear any response to that.

Just a smile.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 1:02 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

That's nice, from now on I will call you "Jesus McNeil" ! :)

"Are you a policeman?"

"Yes", as I rode off on the sidewalk on the MiniPro.

Dressed in black, silver helmet, pockets bulging from gloves, crowded area.  Yup.

Maybe next time, I'll say "Security".

Or "Insecurity"

Once drove past a mental hospital and one of the patients sitting outside looked at me and my wheel in amazement. For the rest of the journey I couldn't help thinking what he would have told his buddies what he just saw and what his buddies subsequently would have told him.

Just a little while ago, I was going uphill (5-7% incline) when I passed two skateboarders, standing still.

One yelled: hey gimme a pull.

I stopped and did pull him (just the one) up to the top. My wheel only managed about 10 km/h, but it worked. 

11 hours ago, Tech Nossomy said:

Once drove past a mental hospital and one of the patients sitting outside looked at me and my wheel in amazement. For the rest of the journey I couldn't help thinking what he would have told his buddies what he just saw and what his buddies subsequently would have told him.

"Yeah, boss, he was babbling something about a guy riding like that BC comic on one wheel. We increased his dosage, he should be fine."

"That's a Cool Bike!"

uuuh yea.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:07 AM, Rocky Romero said:

Mind Control.

I saw a man staring at my riding.

I said, "I know what your thinking, it's all mind control"

Rode past, unable to hear any response to that.

Just a smile.

Technically, from a fairly far standpoint, isn't everything mind controlled?

32 minutes ago, BUSTANUTELLA said:

"That's a Cool Bike!"

uuuh yea.

Technically, from a fairly far standpoint, isn't everything mind controlled?

I can't think of another motorized vehicle with simpler controls. As far as I can tell, the EUC is the only vehicle that has no moving controls. When you turn it on, it's always been odd to me that it's just a wheel balancing itself. While the technology is very sophisticated the appearance and usage is stone simple.

54 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I can't think of another motorized vehicle with simpler controls. As far as I can tell, the EUC is the only vehicle that has no moving controls. When you turn it on, it's always been odd to me that it's just a wheel balancing itself. While the technology is very sophisticated the appearance and usage is stone simple.

We discovered wheels at the beginning of time, and it's taken until this decade to perfect travel on a single wheel.

I now find walking a little bit awkward.

I can't help but smile when a child says to their parent "Mum, what is that?"

Then they reply with "Erm, I don't actually know".

Hehe! 

On another note, I had a drunken guy shout to his mates, "What is that? I'm having it!" Then proceeded to run after me whilst I was cruising. I took off and after about 50 meters he stopped by my friend, absolutely battered and panting like a dog, then said "Sh** me, he's fast!"

Haha!

Archived