Canadian riders, where....

yourtoys7

Hey LB!

Calgary, AB, NB1E+

How's the learning process coming?  It can take a while to get the hang of it, and it's an ongoing process.  I've recently discovered I can ride with both feet on the very outside half of my pedals.  Don't know why I do it or any good reason to, but I can.  I still can't ride with one foot, but I can tilt one foot to the front edge of my pedal to help with blood flow or tilt it back.

Welcome YT7 and LB.

Greetings from Aurora, ON.  The only guy in town with one so far, but all summer long I got stopped and lots interested.

I have a TG-T3, with blue under-petal hover light mod, a 156wh external battery since I'm at 200+lbs and needed the extra battery life. 

I ride around town and Newmarket, and sometimes drive down to TO and ride around the waterfront, and loop up to Dundas Square, City Hall and such.

I'm in Edmonton, take my wheel to work downtown (about 12k) a couple of days a week and the bike the other days usually.  Get a lot of looks and questions of course.  I ride a KS16, it's a good machine, have a lot of fun on it.  Actually had a good tour of Alberta this year with the new wheel, went to Jasper, Drumheller (including the Tyrell Museum, there's a bunch of nice paths there), Dinosaur Provincial Park.  One of the funnest things for me is to go to a new place to wheel around and explore.

Seems like wheelin season is almost done though, it's getting chilly in the mornings.  I have studded tires for my bike and ride through the winter but I won't try that with the wheel.

Edited by xoltri

Hi from North Vancouver BC - I ride a Ninebot One E+ with just over 2600 km on it after about 1 year. I ride it all around the area, rain or shine, even rode through a bit of snow last winter. I love my 9bot and it still rides like new - but I really want to get a GotWay MSuper V3 1640wh so I can go more than twice as far per charge, more than twice as fast (the fastest my 9bot went was only 26.3 km/hr) and more off road riding with the 18 inch wheel. 

Where I live there are a lot of steep hills and a lot of bike lanes to ride in, and one of the handiest pieces of gear I use is a rear-view mirror attached to my helmet - it makes it so much more relaxing riding on roads with heavy traffic! Of course if I get the MSuper V3 I'll be sure to wear a lot more gear than just a helmet!

Happy riding all!!!

nuo on seawall2.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, KalSeth said:

Original thread is quite old but at least it is on topic!

I am also in Calgary.  I have the ACM2.  What part of the city are you in @shinysideup?

Soon we will have to get a group ride going.

I’m in west Calgary, Aspen Woods! I’d love to get a group ride going. Where are you at?

Edited by shinysideup
Spelling

I have seen a guy downtown Ottawa, but that’s about it... Funny tthough, my daughter and I caused a couple of minor traffic jams with people popping out of their cars to film us or ask “wtf is that thing?” The next questions are usually if it is hard to ride, is it expensive and where did you get it…

Edited by syrupnew
  • Like 3

Wow so many people from Calgary, should definitely have a group ride somewhere.

Im in NW Calgary, but i am downtown all the time on the bow pathway.
currently i have a Gotway Tesla (with a Teslamotors Sticker on the front) and a KS18L, Previously i had a Xiaomi M365 and KS16S

i sold my KS16S to a guy that lives south of downtown, he would be up for a ride probably.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 9:08 PM, PotatoInside said:

Wow so many people from Calgary, should definitely have a group ride somewhere.

Im in NW Calgary, but i am downtown all the time on the bow pathway.
currently i have a Gotway Tesla (with a Teslamotors Sticker on the front) and a KS18L, Previously i had a Xiaomi M365 and KS16S

i sold my KS16S to a guy that lives south of downtown, he would be up for a ride probably.

Group rides are amazing, opportunity to try other wheels, learn from each other and potentially spark an interest from others.

• Like 1