Canadian riders, where....

yourtoys7

I would bet there is another Nova Scotian with an EUC. But he probably resides in Fort McMurray.*

*The joke when I was up there was that it was Newfoundland's second largest city. But I think that could have went for any of the Atlantic provinces. ;)

Good luck finding somebody. Like you said- there has to be somebody there (particularly with the university of Halifax.)

Edited by DWOTR
  • Like 1

Here's the Facebook link to the particulars for the Saturday event in Red Deer.

The short of it is we have the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame booked for the as a place to hang out when not riding, charge wheels up as needed. Event nominally run from 9:30am to 6pm, although a lot of people seem like they are just going to pop in for the afternoon.

We'd like to see as many people as possible out for the 1:30pm Large Group Ride / Photo Op. It'd be great if we had quite a few people out for this part in particular.

https://fb.me/e/15Ndnxk04

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 7:28 PM, thendless said:

Visiting Nanaimo this weekend from Vancouver and saw someone zip by with a monster pro around the best western, anyone from the forum?

Just saw this now... wasn't me, but there aren't many of us in Nanaimo! At last count I know of 4 EUC riders including myself, but most of the other guys don't get out much. I get out for a ride most days, usually 50-70km. Are you sure it wasn't a Tesla V2? Didn't get my Sherman until Aug 12th but I don't know of any Monster Pro riders here in town... unless they were visiting too!

41 minutes ago, Mantraguy said:

Just saw this now... wasn't me, but there aren't many of us in Nanaimo! At last count I know of 4 EUC riders including myself, but most of the other guys don't get out much. I get out for a ride most days, usually 50-70km. Are you sure it wasn't a Tesla V2? Didn't get my Sherman until Aug 12th but I don't know of any Monster Pro riders here in town... unless they were visiting too!

I was still new back at the beginning of July and I may be mistaken but it was it was either the Monster Pro or RS HT/HS. This is based on the front/back LEDs which look similar between the models.

Guess I'll have to try harder to meet more of the locals! I know one of us has an S18 and a V8, another guy has a V11 and a smaller wheel, and I know there are a few others but not sure what they're riding as I've only heard about them (haven't met them yet). We probably all have our own favourite routes, so we are less likely to meet each other if we only stick to our usual riding areas! For the population (around 100K), Nanaimo is a fairly large area (25km north to south). I've heard of another guy on Gabriola Island and a guy in Ladysmith but I don't know what they ride (yet)!

On 9/1/2021 at 5:02 PM, Andrew Duff said:

I'm in Canmore AB. I ride a Veteran Sherman and an S-18. If anyone finds themselves in Banff/Canmore then hit me up to go on a ride!

You ever find yourself in Calgary? There is a small group that sometimes gets out (used to be a few EUC's- but then one of the guys had surgery.) Now mostly onewheels and electric skateboards along the paths or the streets of downtown. I've been offroading at fishcreek lately (since the RS came back online.) Another member here and I will go for fairly long rides around town.

I keep meaning to get out of town- and I need to buy a Banff pass anyhow (got a sunshine card for this season...) But the season is getting short.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:58 PM, DWOTR said:

You ever find yourself in Calgary? There is a small group that sometimes gets out (used to be a few EUC's- but then one of the guys had surgery.) Now mostly onewheels and electric skateboards along the paths or the streets of downtown. I've been offroading at fishcreek lately (since the RS came back online.) Another member here and I will go for fairly long rides around town.

I keep meaning to get out of town- and I need to buy a Banff pass anyhow (got a sunshine card for this season...) But the season is getting short.

I don't come in that often anymore. But if I do it sounds like you do some interesting rides. I'll give you a shout if I have a trip planned and see if you're available. 

I'm the only EUC guy out my way. I see the occasional one wheeler but I've never bumped into anyone else while riding. It would be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrew Duff said:

I don't come in that often anymore. But if I do it sounds like you do some interesting rides. I'll give you a shout if I have a trip planned and see if you're available. 

I'm the only EUC guy out my way. I see the occasional one wheeler but I've never bumped into anyone else while riding. It would be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts. 

My wife's sister lives in Canmore with her husband and 2 girls, so it's just a matter of time before we head that way for another visit. I'll make a point to look you up the next time we're planning a trip there! 

On 9/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, macgyvercanada said:

Any off-roaders over there?

Not that I've seen. There's only two other EUCers here that I've seen (a commuter and a guy who practices tricks); compared to a lot more e-scooters, skateboards, and the occasional onewheel.

Whereabouts in NS are you? It'd be cool to see more EUCs out here.

7 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

I'm over in North Woodside!  Usually riding on the waterfront or Shubie but tomorrow I'm planning to ride from my place along the Salt Marsh Trail to Porter's Lake

Oh neat, I'm over in South End! I haven't really ventured over to the DM side but Salt Marsh Trail looks like a blast... kinda tempted to upgrade to something with more mileage just to check those out. How're the riding conditions there?

On 9/12/2021 at 4:11 AM, tivertsi said:

Oh neat, I'm over in South End! I haven't really ventured over to the DM side but Salt Marsh Trail looks like a blast... kinda tempted to upgrade to something with more mileage just to check those out. How're the riding conditions there?

I just went from my place out to Lake Echo yesterday via Russel Lake / Bisset Lake / Salt Marsh trails and then up Mineville Rd, then later did the Gaetz Brook greenway.  Everything was very nice for riding, except that Gaetz Brook trail is pretty new and my tire (Duro HF307) was picking up lots of loose gravel on there.  With the mten3 you could cruise around on the Russel Lake trails easily enough, the main trail is paved and it's great for a relaxing ride!  I used to regularly take my V8F around there which is a comparable wheel.

Salt Marsh trail isn't too bad but a bit rougher and more sections with large gravel... I wouldn't recommend going there with an mten3, however, right next door is the Cole Harbor Heritage Park which has well-maintained crusher dust trails if you want to try some light off-roading

Edited by macgyvercanada