Canadian riders, where....

yourtoys7

On 9/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, Mantraguy said:

My wife's sister lives in Canmore with her husband and 2 girls, so it's just a matter of time before we head that way for another visit. I'll make a point to look you up the next time we're planning a trip there! 

Awesome. We'll do a tour of Canmore!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone wants to have a group ride in Vancouver Tricities area.

I ride KS S18 and just moved to PoCo. 

I prefer trails but would be also happy to have a street ride. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 2:07 AM, KalSeth said:

I typically ride around the Reservoir but have wheel, will travel.  Unfortunately, I am away for about three weeks.

Hi KalSeth.. I am new to EUC and in Calgary...is there a facebook group for YYC?  How often do you guys RIde?

On 4/30/2020 at 10:13 PM, shinysideup said:

I’m still in Calgary. And, today I received my M Super Pro to compliment my Tesla. Put 50km on it today to try to get used to it. What a beast. If anyone wants to ride in YYC, lemme know!

Hello Shinysideup.... I am new to EUC and geting my RS in a week as it is in for repairs atm.  DO you or a group of you ride still?  I am still a newbie and not able to do offroads at all.  Got my EUC just in Aug... still learning 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lauro said:

Hey BongoFlip... I am visiting Kelowna for the holidays.. My first time there.. HOw is the weather in Kelowna during end of December?  Is it even ridable.. if it is... I am bringing my EUC and we can ride

Hey and welcome to the Okanagan! :) The weather here during the winter months is usually pretty mild. Not much snow, and the snow we do get usually melts away by the afternoon or next day.

That sounds like a plan to me!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,
I will visit Canada for four weeks in June/July. We are planning a roundtrip from/to Vancouver. As I am not able to take my wheel(s) with me on the plane, I am looking for a solution to rent an EUC for my holidays. Are there possibilities in Vancouver to rent a wheel? Maybe a deal, buy a new one and sell it after 4 weeks of usage? 
Thanks for your help!

Manuel

21 minutes ago, Fahrtwind said:

Are there possibilities in Vancouver to rent a wheel?

I would definitely contact eevees, they might be able to work something out for you, or they might be able to put you in touch with someone! I have no idea if they do rentals (suspect they do not), but this is appropriate advice when chances are slim: "Don't say no for the other guy"

• Thanks 1

https://friendwitha.com/rentals/electric-unicycle/vancouver-wa/gotway-msp-2020-model/

Begode MSP Electric Unicycle (EUC) (Gotway)

Electric Unicycle Rental Description

This is a low mile MSP - High Torque Electric Unicycle from Begode (formerly Gotway).

It has a few minor scratched but is in good condition. 

Pickup/Meetup location in Vancouver

(Exact address will be sent by Nathan once item is booked)

image.png.40c9abe00130bebcea909c14daa10ea7.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul A said:

https://friendwitha.com/rentals/electric-unicycle/vancouver-wa/gotway-msp-2020-model/

Begode MSP Electric Unicycle (EUC) (Gotway)

Electric Unicycle Rental Description

This is a low mile MSP - High Torque Electric Unicycle from Begode (formerly Gotway).

It has a few minor scratched but is in good condition. 

Pickup/Meetup location in Vancouver

(Exact address will be sent by Nathan once item is booked)

image.png.40c9abe00130bebcea909c14daa10ea7.png

Good idea, but that rental is located in Vancouver, Washington, USA.

Fortunately, there is a Sherman rental for Vancouver, BC, Canada

https://friendwitha.com/rentals/electric-unicycle/anywhere/veteran-sherman-electric-unicycle-vancouver/

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 5:24 PM, Tawpie said:

I would definitely contact eevees, they might be able to work something out for you, or they might be able to put you in touch with someone! I have no idea if they do rentals (suspect they do not), but this is appropriate advice when chances are slim: "Don't say no for the other guy"

Fun fact: from the Hotel „Atrium Inn Vancouver“ to Eevees: 600 meter walking. I contacted them, I hope they can help me…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

Fun fact: from the Hotel „Atrium Inn Vancouver“ to Eevees: 600 meter walking. I contacted them, I hope they can help me…

You might want to check the locations again. Atrium Inn is quite a bit further away. Also, if walking the ~4km, you're likely to be passing through some of the roughest parts of Vancouver. The area around Main and Hastings, known as the Downtown Eastside, can be quite shocking to tourists.

Once you do get your EUC, I'd recommend staying off of Hastings, and taking the Union/Adanac bikeway to get to/from Downtown from your hotel.

• Like 1

yep, and  human feces on the sidewalk, used tampons, used condoms, needles. we used to charge an extra $50/hr to do service calls in the area just to have someone sit and guard the work vehicle.

one wrong turn and you enter a whole new world, i dont even like my tires touching the ground there

• Like 1

I popped into the store on a visit and yeah, the area isn't going to make the Chamber of Commerce's color glossy but a couple blocks west and 3-4 blocks north things are much more normal. I rode in from the downtown area and other than the police having taped off some crime scene, it wasn't too scary. But I wasn't on foot and I wasn't looking very closely either. Perhaps it was my riding getup... it makes normal people question my mental health—maybe I just fit in.

On the plus side, the staff there is very nice and they have an excellent selection!

Ok, here I am living in the countryside in a perfect world. To visit a town like Vanvouver - especially the rough part -will be a new experience for me…thank you for your support!

6 hours ago, Fahrtwind said:

Ok, here I am living in the countryside in a perfect world. To visit a town like Vanvouver - especially the rough part -will be a new experience for me…thank you for your support!

To balance things out, Vancouver does have some of the most beautiful locations in Canada.

Once you get your EUC, go for a loop along the seawall around Stanley Park.

I'd also recommend connecting with some local riders to ride the Seymour Valley Trail and Marine Drive to Horseshoe Bay.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2021 at 8:10 PM, Andrew Duff said:

Awesome. We'll do a tour of Canmore!

Well, it's time - I'm heading to Canmore this Wednesday (Aug 3)! I think we'll be there for around a week or so. Not sure what our schedule looks like but it would be great to get out for a ride if you're up for it! I'll send you a PM...