Improved V11, Inmotion V11Y

mrelwood

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I wonder what the three sets of “slider rails” means. Slider guides at three spots instead of the original two…?

I thought that wasn't clear also. But we will know soon when Inmotion release it.

So far, based on what we have seen on the spec sheet, is this the wheel you have been waiting for?

It appears the V11Y is quite a complete wheel for its intended purpose. 

My favorite part is "Gas Spring silky experience". Sounds magically delicious. 

I do like the orange highlights myself....better than just plain black.
Looks pretty good. I just made another EUC stand this week. :)

If I had to guess, the way they are doing their promotional videos and releases, it will be a few weeks before another announcement is made (with videos and release stuff). And another few weeks/couple of months to get them sent out. I would place my bet at 3rd week of Nov, sales before the end of the year (??), just a guess.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

So far, based on what we have seen on the spec sheet, is this the wheel you have been waiting for?

No. The two main things I’d want to upgrade for are a better suspension and a slightly larger battery. V11Y has neither.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

It appears the V11Y is quite a complete wheel for its intended purpose. 

That I do agree with.

52 minutes ago, PeWoo said:

Original slide rail with two sliders (black plastics elements). Definitely third one is a good improvement.

image.png.cda3d5814282d54a22cd5b599591576c.png

I’m not so sure. Sliders in the middle wouldn’t be doing anything, since the end sliders are the ones that determine the position anyway. I’ve been experimenting with long printed sliders (12cm instead of 3cm), and I don’t think they’ve changed anything other than maybe add a slight bit more friction.

• Like 2

I posted a few day ago that the FCC website had a photo of the V11Y bluetooth board. I was looking at the board and couldn't quite see how it would fit the V11. It looked too wide. After taking a closer look at the photo I noticed on the silkscreen of the board that it is actually the V14 display board. Which makes more sense given the dimensions. So maybe the V11Y isn't going to have a digital display after all :(

V14DISP.png

Edited by Flying Scotsman
  • Sad 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:33 PM, mrelwood said:

Wow, hadn’t seen that one. Thanks.

I do wonder if the geometry is different on the V11 and V12. I did a few tests of letting the stand fall down while free spinning the wheel, but it never got stuck. It only sticks when and after it’s leaning into the stand. And even then it starts to rotate forwards just fine, and stays stuck only if I try to rotate the tire backwards.

I think this accident happened after the original V12 HT tyre had been changed for a seriously knobbly full off road tyre. On the standard tyre the central bead stops the kickstand getting blocked in the tread of the tyre. 👍

• Upvote 2

On 9/11/2023 at 6:53 AM, Circuitmage said:

@Flying Scotsman

So, same size battery (??), but faster? Very nice.
A little heavier than I was hoping, 65.7#...yikes. Was hoping to stay closer to 60#.

Good find.

image.thumb.png.cb33748d3eb5ed947e03ad5ea1a6c9d5.png

WAIT A MINUTE! Lost in the discussion: Is there yet another name for our mode of transportation? What does "EUT" stand for?!?!

18 hours ago, UPONIT said:

What does "EUT" stand for?!?!

Didn’t you hear? It’s now called the Electric Unicycle Transportation, as per the DMV’s recent classification.

:roflmao: (Ignore this post…)

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Merk said:

I know from a reliable source that the price will be approximately $2150.

That is quite a precise number to be called an approximate figure. :) 

Nevertheless, the V11Y is priced well for its spec's.

It looks like the S16 and the V11Y are going to do battle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiddenPrior said:

I am excited for the V11Y though, since it seems like one of the most versatile wheels in it's weight class, and water resistance is a big deal to me

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm fairly certain that if my V11 dies before another good commuter wheel comes out that the V11Y will probably be my next wheel.

• Upvote 1