Improved V11, Inmotion V11Y

mrelwood

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jlange said:

Do we have an idea about the release date?

No, I don't think so. But now it may be worse than that since Bob Yan has stepped down. We are now in the dark, not knowing whether the recently announced road map for their product line will go through a revision.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am excited about this.  I use the EUC as cost-effective and enjoyable transportation. While I wish there was a significantly smaller, weaker suspension EUC out there, the V11 is suitable (and the speed and range are appreciated).  My problem is that, unfortunately, the V11 has needed some maintenance and parts changes over the last couple years.  The important thing is that a product has support, parts availability, etc.  So, this news indicates that this model will be likely to continue to receive this support for hopefully many years to come, with better parts options as they're released (like these).

• Like 2

These wheels discussed here happen to be the ones i’m interested in.

I’d like to have a large suspension wheel. I was very keen on the V13, but I want fork suspension so I held off. A V13 with 4800Wh and fork suspension (along with InMotion’s safety) sounds like exactly what I’m looking for. Someone should make a thread to discuss the new upcoming V13s.

With that being such a big/heavy wheel, I’m also interested in a second small, slim suspension wheel for shorter/casual rides. So the V11 was already on my radar. This seems like a good update. 

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

4 hours ago, eduardond said:

Where did you get this information? Can you provide a link? Cheers!

IIRC it was shared in the Inmotion Telegram chat. But Bob also mentioned about it in an interview he made before he stepped down.

Why the Y in 11Y Why the F not V11F ?  Wot V11Y is 84 Volt not 100 Volt like V12 ?   

Dont buy batch 1.... 

ON a positive note I have V13 and sherman S I still enjoy my V11 a lot less heavy ......   Oh I have the socalled now tyre on it ..... Not good for Denmark we have no snow we have global warming (Some dont feel it...most sane people do) Knobby tire is good for V11 I find   

22 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Why the Y in 11Y Why the F not V11F ?

Based on the chart in Bob’s interview, it seems that Inmotion is going to call 14” rim sized wheels with an “Y”, 12” a “P” (iirc), and other sizes with other letters. 

It may be possible that next new model release from Inmotion after the release of the V14 Adventure is the Inmotion V11Y.

I am purely basing this on that the V11Y and V14 Adventure models are on the "Upcoming Tab" at the smartwheels.ca web site, and the official announcement of the V14 Adventure will be on Sept 1.

1 hour ago, eduardond said:

Hello my friend! This Bob was what inside INMOTION? Would you be able to send this interview he did? A big hug!

You should be able to find out from YouTube by searching “Inmotion bob interview”. Add “CEO” in there if you don’t seem to find otherwise.

Yeah, hoping for some news on this.

I found myself looking at the V11 a lot over the last week and found no other info about the V11Y . I bought the V10F recently as I was not as interested in the V11 at the time, but with these upgrades it reminds me a lot of when the KS 18L was upgraded to the KS 18XL.

I took my V10f on a longer than usual run in ~105degF temps and after about 30 mins it was shutting itself off. Luckily I was 2 blocks from home and able to restart it and get it home, but it does not like hills or heat.

Hello, I searched for the interview of Inmotion CEO Bob Yan, both on google and on youtube and I could only find things from 2020, I searched a lot about this V11Y issue and I didn't find anything, wouldn't that be FAKE NEWS? If you can send the source of this publication I would be grateful, a big hug!

1 hour ago, eduardond said:

Hello, I searched for the interview of Inmotion CEO Bob Yan, both on google and on youtube and I could only find things from 2020, I searched a lot about this V11Y issue and I didn't find anything, wouldn't that be FAKE NEWS? If you can send the source of this publication I would be grateful, a big hug!

Timestamped.

Below is from @mrelwood first post in the Inmotion V11Y thread that he created:

IMG_4912.jpeg.e2a0592052384b3a2fd996af98

IMG_4911.jpeg.9ccc4669b735e46311fb2943d3B

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...