Improved V11, Inmotion V11Y

mrelwood

Fwiw, I have a first batch V11Y and haven't had any issues so far. I'm still learning and only have about 50 miles on the wheel but it's taken a several tumbles and been just fine. Running the latest firmware. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Chinese high tech QC:

Spisepinde%20i%20rustfrit%20st%C3%A5l%20

How come you never qualify positive elements of EUCs as Chinese?
This “”"“joking”””” involving anything negative being so inherently Chinese is seriously borderline.
“It's made of Chinesium, hoho”, etc, racist uncle vibe.

Give a Dane (just an example) the same working conditions and it will probably be worse (because he’s not used to it).

Edited by null
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Chinese high tech QC:

Spisepinde%20i%20rustfrit%20st%C3%A5l%20

Okey so let's just take this for what it is, a sad example to comment on a country without any respect.

So using chopsticks to eat is not that easy for most people. I can't do it. But there is a reason to why the are normally made of wood or bamboo. First easy to make and cheaper and much easier to use than if they are made by metal. 

I wouldn't be surprised if an Asian person would roll theirs eyes at such a silly attempt to be funny.

24 minutes ago, null said:

Give a Dane the same working conditions and it will probably be worse.

They would not work in the condition and hours Chinese people do. I am from Denmark so I have seen this.

That said The guy you reflected to might live in Denmark but I recall him as a different nationality. Never the less I do think people in general should show much more respect for other people no matter their origin. 

So about the comment I made earlier, I meant to say what make people think Inmotion do not test their products?

There are videos showing how they test components before assembly and as a full products.

The positive element is I can live without a car I ride EUC all the time even in the winter in Denmark  - the negative aspect is terrible engineering, stupid solutions, probably terrible work conditions and overpriced fragile products. Bad screws, bad bearings, weak plastic constructions. Im not sure you know what borderline is. You can get AI language help here: https://gemini.google.com/app   its very good really. 

New Tire on V11 is terrible V13 is not better when it comes to the amount of bad screws etc.   EUC was invented in California btw.

Joking aside - yes it was joking.. Some see racist, some see jokes, some see good humor, some see bad humor. We all see what we want to see.

I personally think big tidy Japanese/Chinese woman are very attractive. :whistling: We all feel the same pain and joy. We all smile and cry. We all go true hardships and happy moments in life. We all are the same. White, Black, Yellow, or Brown. I don't care. At the end of the day, we are all humans.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Funky said:

Nice AI made video.

Mmmh, Thinking about it. You seem to be AI generated...:whistling::laughbounce2::roflmao::laughbounce2:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pico said:

Mmmh, Thinking about it. You seem to be AI generated...:whistling::laughbounce2::roflmao::laughbounce2:

We all could be in matrix. Because as time goes on, more and more NPC's are showing up in the world.

But at lass - no, no i'm not AI generated. I'm DNA degenerated. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

I just got the news that my V11y that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow is part of a batch where all the units are defective in the charging circuit, I’ll have to send it back without even opening it 😩

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Zeno74 said:

I just got the news that my V11y that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow is part of a batch where all the units are defective in the charging circuit, I’ll have to send it back without even opening it 😩

Very sorry to hear.

What is going on with QC in China related to new wheel releases.

Zen Lee mentioned a very large percentage of his sponsor's Kingsong S16's batch don't turn on out-of-the-box.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Zeno74 said:

Sadly, it seems that all the first batches for the whole world were defective. I have a v11y from the first batch and they changed it in the service while I'm watching. Most likely, there is a defect in the BMS boards, otherwise why change the batteries.

Edited by Popov

So far no issues with mine. Only 41 miles on it so far as I'm still learning but I have charged it. The cells look fine, the logs look fine. I've been really happy with it so far. Only complaints are the tire, I just don't like the feel of it but that's just personal preference, and there is no speaker, just an annoying beep when you turn it on or off. A piercing beep but it can be turned off in the app.  Is there a serial number range to look up for the defective units? I got mine in mid December and was thinking it was a first batch. No orange stripes but I do have the orange bumpers. I got it on eWheels but don't see them available anymore and thought they were just between batches or something. 

5 часов назад, UniKevin сказал:

Никаких оранжевых полос, но у меня есть оранжевые бамперы. Я купил его на eWheels, но больше не вижу их в наличии и думал, что они просто между партиями или что-то в этом роде. 

Without the orange stripes, this is the very first, minimal batch, which was probably sold only in eWheels.

5 hours ago, Popov said:

Without the orange stripes, this is the very first, minimal batch, which was probably sold only in eWheels.

I think you're right and that would explain it. Hopefully they get it resolved soon. 

Do you guys know anything about the rumored big recall of V11Ys? Supposedly there's some kind of a battery issue where you aren't able to charge it after some error is thrown by the controller...?

I almost placed an order, but now I have cold feet.

There's some talk of issues a few posts up, maybe an issue in one of the first batches. I have one and so far, so good. Updated the firmware right when I got it and it's been fine.

• Like 2

Strange timing that Electric Dreams just posted a video praising this wheel, while eWheels pulled it from their shop.

*** update, it is relisted on their site now with a price undercutting the S16 pro by 100 bucks 

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Upvote 1

On 3/5/2024 at 1:21 AM, techyiam said:

Zen Lee mentioned a very large percentage of his sponsor's Kingsong S16's batch don't turn on out-of-the-box.

The independent QC report ewheels had on their batch 2 preshipment showed more than a handful of dead wheels which required a new bms firmware from the factory before leaving port. Disappointing that wheels continue to come off the assembly line with major faults, but thank goodness Jason has someone out there to shoot down as much bricks as possible before it gets to us customers.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

The independent QC report ewheels had on their batch 2 preshipment showed more than a handful of dead wheels which required a new bms firmware from the factory before leaving port.

Wow, this is bad. Dead wheels even before leaving port.

That's crazy.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:35 PM, slippyfeet said:

*** update, it is relisted on their site now with a price undercutting the S16 pro by 100 bucks 

At $1899 I think it's now an extremely competitive price for what it offers, definitely gives the S16 Pro a run for its money haha! I think if they had priced it this way from the start the V11Y would've had a much more positive initial reception, but at the current price point I would even consider getting one myself

On 3/5/2024 at 3:59 PM, uniKevin said:

Only complaints are the tire, I just don't like the feel of it but that's just personal preference,

I didn't like the stock CST-1488 either so when that wore out I installed a Michelin Pilot Street on it and its been great!

• Like 3