Improved V11, Inmotion V11Y

mrelwood

On 3/10/2024 at 6:21 AM, SalsaDura said:

Ewheels has great price for this model now. 1899 it is a bargain. Inmotion V11Y, 1,500Wh Battery/2,500W Motor (7KW Peak) - ewheels.com

I just saw that and wondering if its time to finally upgrade my V11 1st edition/1st batch to the V11Y. It has been 5 years after all lol. I love the suspension the V11 is what keeps me on it.

3 hours ago, eucinsea said:

I just saw that and wondering if its time to finally upgrade my V11 1st edition/1st batch to the V11Y. It has been 5 years after all lol. I love the suspension the V11 is what keeps me on it.

5 years for electric unicycle it is like eternity. I didn't expect it could even last so long. I have mine for 1.5 and 2.1k miles. Still in great shape. 

For a serious builder a duration of five is expected, that's not old. The stocks of V11 successes make it easy to keep it for five years with normal maintenance. Then you will have to change the battery and motor. Check your tire still valid after 8000 kms. We don't throw away five years, give me that. :)

Has anyone taken one apart to see what the board looks like? It's supposed to be different, right? I heard that it uses the same Raptor controller that the V13/V14 use. I think the 'Y' is somehow related to something in/on the controller and thus the V11Y. I hate the stock tire (CST-1488) so at some point I'm switching it out for a Longxin L841 which has a rounder profile. I'll post pictures of the board when I do. In the meantime, I'm just going to air down to about 28psi and see if that helps.

13 minutes ago, uniKevin said:

I heard that it uses the same Raptor controller that the V13/V14 use.

From eWheels.

image.png

• Like 1

I would have liked to see a USB-C port capable of power delivery on it. That way you can charge your laptop or other devices.

Out of curisity, can you get 84V from the charging ports?

And does anyone know the type of the charging plug?

• Like 1

I feel like a version of the V11 without suspension would be compelling, say V11P (pure?). Remove the saddle and just have a nice quality cylindrical casing

Either take out the shocks and consolidate the packs more in the central body or fill the added space with more battery. As an 18XL rider, I love the low pedals. Only things I would like are a fixed solid kickstand and grippier 2.75”- 3” wheel.

Edited by slippyfeet

I'd like to see an updated V11...

1) suspension from fastace

2) 100v

3) no orange

then Inmotion has my money.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 4:15 AM, varamontelo said:

For a serious builder a duration of five is expected, that's not old. The stocks of V11 successes make it easy to keep it for five years with normal maintenance. Then you will have to change the battery and motor. Check your tire still valid after 8000 kms. We don't throw away five years, give me that. :)

Replacing old V11 batteries costs about the same where I live as a complete V11Y...

Edited by macgyvercanada

34 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

Replacing old V11 batteries costs about the same where I live as a complete V11Y...

I had 2x V11. I bought the 2nd one during the pandemic due to having hard time to get a new drive board at the time. This also had the benefit of getting a updated motor bearing seal as the first V11 was first batch motor.

I waited with getting the drive board so something happened to one of the battery packs. That is like 500$ here at me place so I decided to just get a V14 instead. Main reason is easier to service and maintain and new battery monitoring option. 

I have now like 200km on the V14. But today I took the V11 to collect pizza 300m away. That was more difficult than I expected.

V14 and V11/V11Y are different wheels. I loved my V11 but the V14 is really growing very fast on me. To me the V11Y was just to similar for me to buy this Vs getting a bigger design change. 

As for the orange colours on the new gen wheels from Inmotion. They look nice on real life. I might see if I can get the top parts in orange as my V14 is a black 50S version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have now like 200km on the V14. But today I took the V11 to collect pizza 300m away. That was more difficult than I expected.

Interesting.

When I got on a V11, I couldn't ride it naturally. I wonder if the V14 rides more like the S22/Pro or the Patton. It felt natural for me riding on the S22/Pro, Patton, or the Lynx.

Edited by techyiam

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

Interesting.

When I got on a V11, I couldn't ride it naturally. I wonder if the V14 rides more like the S22/Pro or the Patton. It felt natural for me riding on the S22/Pro, Patton, or the Lynx.

There are 2 things to this. Tire and shape of body.

V11 and V11Y is a slimmer body and as I am used to the slimbody I had a harder time going to the wider V14.

Then I have a K66 tire on the V11 that use U profiled vs the V14 that has a more l_l shaped tire. The round profile makes the V11 more nimble to turn especially at super slow speeds.

Now that I am more used to the V14 going back to the V11 felt as I had to balance more.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/19/2024 at 12:13 PM, Paradox said:

From eWheels.

Please note that Inmotion has update the torque claims to only increase by 20% going from 80Nm to 100Nm so that 150Nm "nearly double the torque" is not true unfortunately.  Also, the V11y is shipping again and Inmotion has supposedly fixed the battery issue but only time will tell I suppose.

8 hours ago, Bookmark said:

Please note that Inmotion has update the torque claims to only increase by 20% going from 80Nm to 100Nm so that 150Nm "nearly double the torque" is not true unfortunately.  Also, the V11y is shipping again and Inmotion has supposedly fixed the battery issue but only time will tell I suppose.

I can confirm the battery issue, unfortunately. I bought a first batch from eWheels in December and am having to replace the batteries. Good news is that eWheels is on top of it and is taking care of it. Chalk it up to first batch jinx, I guess. The wheel has been flawless otherwise. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bookmark said:

Please note that Inmotion has update the torque claims to only increase by 20% going from 80Nm to 100Nm so that 150Nm "nearly double the torque" is not true unfortunately. 

On the box and in the instructions in the box, they write in large letters 150 Hm. Who forced them to do this?

Edited by Popov

10 hours ago, uniKevin said:

I can confirm the battery issue, unfortunately. I bought a first batch from eWheels in December and am having to replace the batteries.

The official video on battery replacement. They are preparing for a recall company so that the victims themselves change the problematic battery.

1 hour ago, Popov said:

On the box and in the instructions in the box, they write in large letters 150 Hm. Who forced them to do this?

I have  no idea about who forced them.  I asked Inmotion support about the discrepancy and they confirmed that it is 100Nm and not 150Nm. 

EUCO's site says "Compared to the V11 the V11Y has a power rise of 15%, a torque rise of 20%, and the climbing angle has increased by 8%".

Here's a comparison table directly from Inmotion's official store site:

https://store.inmotionworld.com/collections/electric-unicycle/products/inmotion-v11y

V11y.jpg.183fd7beb0b415e1b49fe10bdedaa9cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Bookmark said:

I have  no idea about who forced them.  I asked Inmotion support about the discrepancy and they confirmed that it is 100Nm and not 150Nm. 

EUCO's site says "Compared to the V11 the V11Y has a power rise of 15%, a torque rise of 20%, and the climbing angle has increased by 8%".

Here's a comparison table directly from Inmotion's official store site:

https://store.inmotionworld.com/collections/electric-unicycle/products/inmotion-v11y

V11y.jpg.183fd7beb0b415e1b49fe10bdedaa9cc.jpg

It is clear that no one forced it. They lie, they come up with numbers out of their heads. I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't even 80Nm there. Nowadays, it's not engineers who create, but marketers. 
They have not been able to finish the wheel for 4 years, they release a defective batch again. I am very disappointed that I had to give a new wheel immediately for repair and the only service center did a battery replacement very poorly.  Inmotion need to draw fewer beautiful pictures and numbers, but think more and do high-quality things, otherwise they will not have customers.

Edited by Popov
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, uniKevin said:

I'm a bit dissapointed as well. I felt safe with a first batch since it was only a refresh of a wheel they've been making since 2020. And, in my case, I couldn't get one of the suspension bolts off so I'm having to send the whole wheel back. It's like it's welded shut. Go figure, the other side came off as easily as in all the V11 teardown videos.

Anyway, how long will it be gone? One month? Two months? If I'm not going to be able to ride anyway, I could have invested that money until the second batch was ready. But, wait, there's a problem with the battery in the second batch as well.... It's a good thing these EUCs are so fun and addictive. My four lessons so far as a new EUC rider, 1) NEVER buy a first batch, 2) have a spare wheel if you can afford it for when you have problems with the other wheel, 3) save the box forever in case you have to send it in for repair, 4) only buy from a reputable dealer for less worry for when things like this happen.

I can't believe InMotion botched another launch.

I hate saying this because I have liked my InMotion wheels, but I think it would take a decent turn around for me to trust this company again. 

I understand batch one issues.. But this is a battery issue, which really has very little to do with batch 1 of anything at this point. 

This wheel is a refresh of an old design. Plus, it's supposed to be using the raptor controller which is also not new or batch 1 at this point. 

I think they are like 0 for 3 now with new releases? V14 has had some issues too at launch if I am not mistaken. 

• Upvote 2