Improved V11, Inmotion V11Y

mrelwood

9 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Don't say "disassemble" so casually. Disassembling the OG V11 is a long, screw-intensive, tedious slog. Maybe that has improved in this new version?

For me, the good news is that I've never had to disassemble my OG V11. The stock tire was just fine and nothing else has misbehaved (knock on wood).

Yup! I did change my stock tyre for a Heidenau K66 motorcycle tyre, and that took me 5 hours. I then found that the new tyre wasn't balanced properly, so I had to redo the disassembly/reassembly to reseat the tube inside the tyre, then fiddle with the tyre until it was centred around the rim and side-to-side. Another 5 hours for that. That's hobby-level amounts of time.

If you "just want it done", best to let a dealer service your wheel.

On 12/13/2023 at 11:33 AM, UPONIT said:

Maybe that has improved in this new version?

If you look at the photo of the new controller, you can assume that it is now a little easier to disassemble. There is no need to remove the electronic board to disconnect the phase wires.  I was wrong, I need to take it off

On 12/13/2023 at 11:33 AM, UPONIT said:

Also IIRC, it is supposed to be around 50 psi no matter what the lower is?

The shock absorbers were changed on the v11y and the pressure was increased. Compare this plate with the old one on v11. Maybe now you don't need 50psi, but more?

photo_2023-12-13_21-08-33.jpg

Edited by Popov

1 hour ago, dwagelaar said:

Yup! I did change my stock tyre for a Heidenau K66 motorcycle tyre, and that took me 5 hours. I then found that the new tyre wasn't balanced properly, so I had to redo the disassembly/reassembly to reseat the tube inside the tyre, then fiddle with the tyre until it was centred around the rim and side-to-side. Another 5 hours for that. That's hobby-level amounts of time.

If you "just want it done", best to let a dealer service your wheel.

the second dismantling should have lasted 2 hours less.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Bill Guo, another one of the initiative entrepreneurial spirits, along with Hou & Xiaorong, is working on an upgraded cyclindrical shock kit for the V11Y + V13, with upgraded seals/stems for higher pressure potential & durability.   

When will the new red ammortzers for Y be available?
The native shock absorbers for Y have been disassembled and they are no different from the old versions inside, only the stem is longer. The same mediocre design allows dirt to get into the shock absorber, which will lead to a quick failure.

• 2 weeks later...

@Spooky Chaser congratulations on your new wheel! 🎉🎉 it’s not going to take you long to acclimate to it. I have an og v11, it’s a nice wheel, I’m sure the updated version will be even better. Have fun! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

@Spooky Chaser congratulations on your new wheel! 🎉🎉 it’s not going to take you long to acclimate to it. I have an og v11, it’s a nice wheel, I’m sure the updated version will be even better. Have fun! 

I think you are very right with this. Only one thing, soon it will be hard to go back to the V10f as it will fill very toyish compared to a V11/V11y and this doesn't take very long.

But that said I do recommend getting a Heidenau K66 14-90/80 tire, as that makes the V11 so much more nimble.

• Like 1

Hey, so can anyone post their review of V11Y, how is the power and the new controller and everything? I'm kinda considering ordering one, but cant find a single opinion on the new model.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:14 PM, Solomon said:

Hey, so can anyone post their review of V11Y, how is the power and the new controller and everything? I'm kinda considering ordering one, but cant find a single opinion on the new model.

I am also thinking of getting one, new torque motor, 60k/h speed, and Radiator controller with 28kg(I get the weight from a dealer, hopefully someone will weigh it to confirm?) ; it’s the best overall wheel under 30kg; and performance is decent for normal commute rides;

On 1/13/2024 at 11:14 AM, Solomon said:

I would appreciate a first review too. Just to get an idea how it is different to the Y11.

• Like 2

Exactly guys, we need some reviews. I own v11 as well so any comparison would be appreciated, how it is different from old model considering more powerful motor. How it affects the range? Is it any better considering 800 usd price difference? I'm just dying of curiosity....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Solomon said:

this is not a review. But promises were made...

Well, the video title did say "Unboxing".

The poster oversold his post.

Madpack injured his leg. Not good. It could be a long wait.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a massive problem associated with charging new Y - they stop charging.
When charging is connected, an error occurs and the wheel does not charge. The chargers of all the victims are in working condition and give out 84V.
The problem occurred massively after the last firmware update, but there are cases with this problem on the first firmware.
Some owners are helped by a full reset. Another frequent reconnection of the plug or connection of the off charging in the off wheel, after that turning on the wheel turns on the voltage in the charger. But all this is a temporary action and the problem repeats itself.
Nothing helps others and charging does not work. The problem may occur immediately the first time you try to charge a new wheel. It may occur already during operation.
Inmotion urgently needs to do something about it!

photo_2024-02-25_08-19-35.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

WHY DO THEY NOT FUCKING TEST THAT IN THE FACTORY?!?!?!?!

WHY?!?!?!?!

So what make you think they do test products?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mhpr262 said:

WHY DO THEY NOT FUCKING TEST THAT IN THE FACTORY?!?!?!?!

WHY?!?!?!?!

You are the tester doh.. Now go do your job. Be our crash dummy. (Any person who buys first/second batch wheel.)

If one wants problem free wheel out of box.. They buy it 1 year later - when all or most problems are fixed.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1