The Photo Thread

SlowMo

13 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Housing in California is insane right now.

I shared some laboratory space in the late 1970's in Philadelphia with a girl (PhD track student) from California. Her parents owned some farmland. She said (1978) that California real estate prices were sky high at that time. 'Moose' (aka Cheryl) later became a lawyer (according to an email from a London person - Welsh born and practising veterinary science at Cambridge as a professor who was our lab advisor) in California in part because the momentary aspects if being a lawyer beat basic science job salaries.

Me....I didn't finish the Masters program and took up riding an EUC decades later after word processing was invented and cell phones became all the rage.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steven D Wheeler said:

This is me doing a bit of riding yesterday on my Monster sitting down.

Streets are a bit salty.

IMG_3818.JPG

I wonder if wheels rust out like cars do in Chicago :lol:

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Seated riding = knee pads. Just saying. Think how a cut-out (it's a Gotway) would work out otherwise, vs. one when standing. Well, that's my opinion at least.

I was just playing around going very slow and had knee braces on under my jeans which would help if I fell.

When I trail ride I go way faster, then for sure yes pads are needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, who_the said:

Great stuff! Any of your hardware on board? ;)

No :). I believe that they were launching some Iridium satellites which are sadly not made by Boeing.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

As I was packing up from my evening ride in the mountains I was able to see the Space X launch above Los Angeles.

The bright object at the top is the moon. The lower left object is the 2nd stage firing, and the object to the right is the 1st stage.

IMG_20171222_173208673

I then adjusted my phone settings for a less noisy shot, about a minute later, and you can see the 2nd stage much further away from the 1st stage

IMG_20171222_173317486 (1)

That image is creating quite a stir on social media. You are so lucky to have witnessed it! I found a twitter photo that provides a perspective just how large this event was.

39236014001_d2e78119f2.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That image is creating quite a stir on social media. You are so lucky to have witnessed it! I found a twitter photo that provides a perspective just how large this event was.

39236014001_d2e78119f2.jpg

Yes, it was very large in the sky. Initially there was a very unearthly feel to seeing this because it was so large yet clearly far away, and the objects were moving. Very sci-fi feeling. I can imagine what non-technical people were thinking as they watched this unfold.

• Like 1

On 23/12/2017 at 2:48 AM, Marty Backe said:

As I was packing up from my evening ride in the mountains I was able to see the Space X launch above Los Angeles.

The bright object at the top is the moon. The lower left object is the 2nd stage firing, and the object to the right is the 1st stage.

IMG_20171222_173208673

I then adjusted my phone settings for a less noisy shot, about a minute later, and you can see the 2nd stage much further away from the 1st stage

IMG_20171222_173317486 (1)

These photos are freaking cool. It must have been awesome to experience. We have had similar tests here all winter, we just can't see them because of the clouds and rain ;)  I'm joking of course. It's always sunny here. 

• Like 1