The Photo Thread

SlowMo

Not that many, to be honest. Around 2200 as the wheel says, which is maybe 2000 in reality (this also means I must feel the urge to start practicing backwards riding now, as per this magic number). But it went up quite quickly when I recently started some increased-frequency afternoon rides that usually are 50-60km each (it happens naturally, half of the times I only stop due to battery concerns). 

Edited by meepmeepmayer
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Not that many, to be honest. Around 2200 as the wheel says, which is maybe 2000 in reality (this also means I must feel the urge to start practicing backwards riding now, as per this magic number). But it went up quite quickly when I recently started some increased-frequency afternoon rides that usually are 50-60km each (it happens naturally, half of the times I only stop due to battery concerns). 

I'm closing in on 2000 myself, about 1800 or so. But it's a beast trying to find a flat, dry piece of tarmac to start practicing tricks... All is wet, full of leaves and shit... Almost enough to make me pause my wheeling for a bit, but I'll try going a bit more for the time being. If there starts to be frost in the mornings it is probably too dangerous, but so far there has been none.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2017 at 5:47 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

How many kilometres do you have

Between you , me, Meep, and others I just turned 8,000 Km which is also interesting since it is about (4,971) 5,000 miles. Halloween in Salem, MA was in full swing complete with carnival rides when I rode around earlier.

54596.jpg

54597.jpg

54595.jpg

54591.png

UPS tells me a Gotway Monster will be delivered to my address tomorrow (Wednesday).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Between you , me, Meep, and others I just turned 8,000 Km which is also interesting since it is about (4,971) 5,000 miles. Halloween in Salem, MA was in full swing complete with carnival rides when I rode around earlier.

54596.jpg

54597.jpg

54595.jpg

54591.png

UPS tells me a Gotway Monster will be delivered to my address tomorrow (Wednesday).

Wow, that's impressive mileage. I feel like a slackard next to you :huh:

Maybe I missed this, but was it well known that you are upgrading (if I can use that term) to a Monster :shock2: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I thought Bob was a hardcore Ninebot One Forever Rider, but I guess I wuz wrong.  :blink:  Funny what the wind blows your way... :whistling:

Somehow I would not have anticipated Bob switching to a Gotway, and a Monster no less. But I must say, it's a great choice :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

Well Supersport went to the darkside when he got his MSuper.  Ian Sampson switched to selling Gotways.  Even @Rotator said his Ninebot goodbyes.  When a company doesn't put out a new wheel for a long time people will end up shopping around.  The dark side is strong with the Force.  In fact I can't wait to get my Tesla this Friday!  :w00t2:  Too bad it will be minus 8°C and snowing!  :cry2: :crying: I might have to join @mezzanine and don some thermal undies!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Well Supersport went to the darkside when he got his MSuper.  Ian Sampson switched to selling Gotways.  Even @Rotator said his Ninebot goodbyes.  When a company doesn't put out a new wheel for a long time people will end up shopping around.  The dark side is strong with the Force.  In fact I can't wait to get my Tesla this Friday!  :w00t2:  Too bad it will be minus 8°C and snowing!  :cry2: :crying: I might have to join @mezzanine and don some thermal undies!

Get full MC gear, pad the wheel like @EUC Extreme and go drift in the frost and snow. Who knows, you may master the art of sliding around on one wheel without falling :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Don't joke; tonight I almost bought Canada Goose's warmest jacket ($1000) that was designed for use in Antarctica with the idea of using it on the EUC.  If the sizing wasn't so messed up, I'd have bought it.  I'm a large in their Chilliwack jacket and assumed I'd be a large in their expedition, but it turns out I'd actually need a SMALL.  The jacket would be dual purpose in the sense that it would keep me warm, but it's so thick with down that I'm fairly sure you could eat it and be cushioned from a lot of impacts. 

I'm doing fairly well so far with a down parka over a lighter down jacket. 

I didn't realize you had a Tesla coming, congrats! 

Edited by mezzanine
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Guess the dark side force is not strong enough to catch on me then :) Still on my 9b1 and happy with it

And congrats on a new gadget! (from both Model S and Bimmer i3 owner)

Edit: Uh-oh, THAT Tesla you meant. Now I understand why you would need some thermal tights then...

Edited by Vik's
I am a giddy goat :))
  • Like 1

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love

You've done well to have held off upgrading as long as you have.  I am going to have to make a very deliberate effort not to end up with 3 or 4 wheels over the next year.  I can't really afford it, otherwise it would be fun to build up a small stable.  I'm hoping I can hold off through the winter unless some used deal comes along.  My current wheel is ideal for my purposes anyway.  Even if I got another one, it would likely get less use. 

Regarding the cold weather, I think the wheel is actually going to have a positive effect in that it will get me outside.  I've got out of the habit of being outside at all during winter and I think it contributes to the winter blues.  As long as I can keep my face warm, I think I could enjoy riding in the cold for the outdoor activity. 

• Like 1

I thInk the dark side is calling to me too.  I'm considering a used mSuper V3s+ (such a catchy name?). Or maybe a new Tesla.  I find myself cruising faster and faster, and with headphones on, and I can't hear the "death imminent " beeps. I know, I know, ditch the headphones.  But I loves me some music.  There's also a certain "hip" factor in being like all the cool youths with their "headphones everywhere " philosophy. 

(I'm also considering a KS 14D 420Wh, for the handle and shiny shiny lights.  Disappointed in the only minor batterery upgraded from my  340Whr 14C)

Decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I thInk the dark side is calling to me too.  I'm considering a used mSuper V3s+ (such a catchy name?). Or maybe a new Tesla.  I find myself cruising faster and faster, and with headphones on, and I can't hear the "death imminent " beeps. I know, I know, ditch the headphones.  But I loves me some music.  There's also a certain "hip" factor in being like all the cool youths with their "headphones everywhere " philosophy. 

(I'm also considering a KS 14D 420Wh, for the handle and shiny shiny lights.  Disappointed in the only minor batterery upgraded from my  340Whr 14C)

Decisions, decisions!

Look into getting Trekz Titanium headphones by Aftershokz. They are bone conductive so your ear holes remain open to hear beeps /cars etc. I had them for cycling and for music at work without blocking out my colleagues. It is like a personal speaker in your head. I can't use them with my Giro Switchblade full face helmet but if you wear a regular helmet they work.  @TremFalso has them and likes them and found a nice helmet they work with. Not cheap. But cheaper than a new wheel. Even if you get a new wheel they are a lot safer than wearing headphones while riding. 

• Upvote 3