The Photo Thread

SlowMo

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Meep, what's that protective layer you have under your pedals?  Does it work and stay attached pretty well?

Nice try, FBI.

It's motorcycle tank protector and is essentially bombproof.

There's a thread about it, "another option for protection padding", can't paste the link for some reason.

• Like 2

It's a type of green caused by the oxidation of bronze/copper. My camera often doesn't know what to do when it detect faces AND a color most living humans don't have, and so the pictures that come out are often unexpected. 

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

It's a type of green caused by the oxidation of bronze/copper. My camera often doesn't know what to do when it detect faces AND a color most living humans don't have, and so the pictures that come out are often unexpected. 

Verdigris.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I didn't get the reference at first; basically I gather that it's a white-balance issue.

I wonder if that's why color film photography wasn't popular for decades even though the tech was available for rather cheap(er) since the 1910's; it's so easy to screw up white balance when you weren't in the daylight that most people simply went to black and white film.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I GPS tracked another ride today with my Raspberry Pi - GPS- portable battery device. My goal was to reach Beverly airport west side. On the Halloween - Salem witch trial (1692) theme took a route which passes by the recently confirmed site of the hangings which followed the trial. This site is actually a considerable distance from downtown Salem, Massachusetts which was CRAWLING WITH HALLOWEEN tourists when I passed by them in the downtown area later in the ride. For some reason I had nothing but enthusiastic comments from walkers and cars passing by me.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/15/salem-witch-trials-hangings-location-confirmed-proctors-ledge

The route is shown here followed by a public link to a Google map. The icon on the map is the place where the hangings took place.

52312.JPG

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qdpP6VP6ABSLtM8Dcic4iv9viv4&usp=sharing

Edited by Bob Eisenman
sp
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, LanghamP said:

It looks more like spring than fall. Too much yellow-green leaf color.

https://imgoat.com/uploads/82c8d1619a/52347.jpg

After midnight last night a guy and girl were walking along the street , after the nearby restaurant closed. The girls voice sounded loud, frightened and giddy all at the same time. The guy kept shouting 'I'm one hundred percent' and sounded disappointed. Maybe he picked up the tab for the meal and drinks.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:33 AM, LanghamP said:

Usually girls run away from me

Head of the Charles Regatta 2017

I managed to squeeze the last hour of the afternoon into a ride along the Charles river

52497.png

The public link to the map is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hje1op0--jKzZg2VlOkZd_BbOVw&usp=sharing

I took some 360 video along the way...still needs to be processed. Very few boats were left by late afternoon. Lots of spectators though along the Charles river.

• Upvote 1