Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

2 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

User can choose - high discharge cells mentioned Samsung 40T or long range 50e options 

This is awesome. 

When the info is available to you, or if you already have the info, and Inmotion has given you the go ahead, I am curious to know whether there are slots for the battery packs (enclosures and racks), or just locations on the frame where one can screw in the battery packs? Additionally, are they 2P battery packs ( 2 x 32 cells)?

I just read your post on Facebook, can you confirm that both the Adventure Series and the Challenger Series will have 4 battery slots. And hence, each battery pack will be 2P.

Thanks again.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Well, I'd keep the batteries separate to the machine for both charging and storage. If they are swappable we have to assume they are easy to remove and reattach.... and it's a lot easier to build a fireproof box for a couple of packs than it is for a whole wheel, just as it is easier to carry or drag a small box of flaming batteries outside !

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

This is awesome. 

When the info is available to you, or if you already have the info, and Inmotion has given you the go ahead, I am curious to know whether there are slots for the battery packs (enclosures and racks), or just locations on the frame where one can screw in the battery packs? Additionally, are they 2P battery packs ( 2 x 32 cells)?

I just read your post on Facebook, can you confirm that both the Adventure Series and the Challenger Series will have 4 battery slots. And hence, each battery pack will be 2P.

Thanks again.

The Johnny Go Vroomm video says the packs are secured with four screws and external cables, if I’m remembering that correctly. Maybe that could change if there are further generations planned before production. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtl said:

The Johnny Go Vroomm video says the packs are secured with four screws and external cables,

Thanks. Johnny did say that.

If that is the case, the wheel is going to look awful with the battery packs spaces vacant. Maybe there will be covers. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Unventor said:

Now looks is one thing. Feel and overall ride sensation is not always how it looks or what it should done on paper. 

My only concern with the different suspension systems is how durable they are in the long run and how much/ how easy maintenance is to carry out.

The build quality of the newer wheels are certainly looking more robust than the older models (unfortunately I can't see one in person to confirm).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

If that is the case, I am not surprised that the Patton, Adventure, or other wheels in this class won't be a good fit for you.

These wheels are great spec wise for me.  I just need to see how they pan out long term. At the moment I really like the Patton but need confirmation. Not on how good the suspension is now but in a year or so or after heavy use. Plus how easy it is to maintain and how often.

The S18 is a pain to work on. Not because it's hard it isn't. Its just such a hassle with the way its designed and made.

I have gotten on an S18 and wheeled it around in a showroom, and ridden a Patton on a tight track. They are two very different wheels. I would gladly pay the difference and get the Patton for my use case.

The difficultly I have is not having the option to try the wheels first. I like the firm suspension settings on the S18 but don't like soft bouncy suspension. 

If the Patton or any other wheel dials in good firm suspension I'm in. The V13 I hear has nice suspension in this regard.

Money is a consideration too. Monoshocks are much cheaper and easier then the 'Hydraulic systems'  to replace.

Additionally, you may have been lucky with your unit. Did you do any work yourself on it. There have been many S18 owners who have not been as lucky as you. Unless your use case is so unique that your S18's sliders don't get stressed or clogged that easily. 

I haven't needed to work on the suspension, just changed tyres and replaced all the screws/bolts to Stainless Steel.

I haven't heard of anyone having clogged suspension or slider problems on the S18. Alignment issues for sure but mine hasn't been an issue to me. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

..., But who knows, maybe IM upped their game considerably behind the scenes? I'm cautiously (very cautiously, this is the EUC market) optimistic.

of course we have to be cautious, its our money.  but i cant see that the latest new model from any manufacturer currently like the 'Patton',  that cant represent the latest and best euc.  no way,... if that were the case,  then the euc design teams have a serious lack of imagination...  

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Next Inmotion wheel will be 134V, 2400Wh, more torque than Patton, and get this: A fast swap 12” or 14” rim size motor!!! So you can switch from a 16” wheel to a 18/20” wheel in an instant!

So around 16"37kg, 18"39kg..?

Generally speaking sub 40kg wheel. :sleep1: (OFC, if it's built like V13/Fatton.) Welcome to new world. Where 16" 40kg wheels are norm now. (Laugh crying.) :D 

Quick tire change is awesome, but lets be real - how often do you change the tire? :efeee20b79: People act like it's next world miracle..

Edited by Funky
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Rumors from the Suspension EUC Telegram group:

Next Inmotion wheel will be 134V, 2400Wh, more torque than Patton, and get this: A fast swap 12” or 14” rim size motor!!! So you can switch from a 16” wheel to a 18/20” wheel in an instant!

”The source was solid”, no other info.

I also heard from Cecily that their next wheel “It’s coming soon”.

This wait is infuriating!

Is this a different wheel from the previously mentioned 100v 1800wh wheel?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Little more info (or rumors):

it got adjustable pedal height similar as V13, estimated shipping around Sept

Hell, for those with 4 seasons, might as well release it spring 2024...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bpong said:

Hell, for those with 4 seasons, might as well release it spring 2024...

We all know if the release is planed for September. It will be released next month after. :D Include first/second batch problems. The "real" wheel (Not prototype) will release somewhere in 2024. So about right in time for spring. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

..., The "real" wheel (Not prototype) will release somewhere in 2024. So about right in time for spring. :D 

Damn  ... sigh, ....yur probably right too...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

We all know if the release is planed for September. It will be released next month after. :D Include first/second batch problems. The "real" wheel (Not prototype) will release somewhere in 2024. So about right in time for spring. :D 

+1

And it seems like more people are buying batch 3 or later wheels. 

We are currently in the middle of June, and videos of domestic testing has not been leaked out yet. After testing, the collected feedback would then be processed and issues corrected. Then there is international testing after that, followed by the sending out of demo units to dealers and distributors. September is less than three months away.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Critzlez said:

Is this a different wheel from the previously mentioned 100v 1800wh wheel?

Those rumors were some time ago, before the CEO’s interview. I think they just decided that they have to up their game to stay competitive.

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

We are currently in the middle of June, and videos of domestic testing has not been leaked out yet.

We saw videos about the V13 and very early V11 prototypes (though I’m not sure if either of them were “leaks”), but I don’t recall seeing any on the V12. They could have succeeded in keeping it under the wraps. After all, Cecily said “it’ll come soon”. I don’t think September is “soon”, but they might reveal it “soon” (like in a matter of weeks) for September release.

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Quick tire change is awesome, but lets be real - how often do you change the tire? :efeee20b79: People act like it's next world miracle..

You're not wrong. But if the tire change is really quick (as in: <1 minute, toolless) then people can change their tires on a whim like they change their t-shirts. And that might lead to more frequent tire changes just for fun, and an entire new quality of what EUC-riding can be. You could literally take different tires with you on a ride (in their plastic, ring-shaped boxes) and use them as you like (ride to the mountain with a road tire, ride it up with an offroad tire, put on your spiked tire and continue on the glacier - like this).

Fundamentally, that can be done. Some ready-made tire rims that click in place onto the motor, so you could have pumped-up-and-ready tires+rims exchanged in a few seconds.

I don't expect IM will do something this good like this with this rumored wheel. So it's probably just going to be a neat feature for "easy" tire changes (we still have to wrestle the rubber on and off the rim, etc.), but nothing more. My point is: if it's done extremely well, it can be a miracle.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Those rumors were some time ago, before the CEO’s interview. I think they just decided that they have to up their game to stay competitive.

I do like their ambition. I've given up on hoping for cheap (2000 or less) competitive performance wheels (RS-like), so they might as well go fo the cutting edge if you likely have to pay 3000 and up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Some ready-made tire rims that click in place onto the motor, so you could have pumped-up-and-ready tires+rims exchanged in a few seconds.

Now THAT would be CRAZY nice!!! If they have thought about people owning several motors to swap around, you’d think that they’d have thought about this too. One can hope!

But an easy tire change is definitely already worth the fuss.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Rumors from the Suspension EUC Telegram group:

”The source was solid”, no other info.

I also heard from Cecily that their next wheel “It’s coming soon”.

This wait is infuriating!

Okey I am dusting off my wallet and euc budget I guess.

You can pass it on to Cecily 😜 with a foot not focus on easy service and weatherproof is a +++/need. 

Edited by Unventor

• techyiam changed the title to Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion
  • meepmeepmayer locked this topic
  • meepmeepmayer unlocked this topic