Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

On 6/17/2023 at 9:23 PM, techyiam said:

It is weird that you are OK with the V11's problems

I haven't had even the slightest problem with my V11.

V12HT and Mten4 have been pretty problem-free also.

It's probably true that, except for certain cases, the "problems" with any wheel aren't as widespread as it may appear, due to the fact that people are more likely to post about problems than to gush about greatness.

I believe @mrelwood or someone said it much better somewhere around here recently. (I'm too lazy to look it up.)

:D

Edited by UPONIT
Babble.
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, techyiam said:

This is where the individual himself and his past experiences make the difference.

For @Funky, changing a tire on a rim is not worth the effort. He rather buy a second motor and rim. Whereas, for @mrelwood, it is the opposite. 

If the Adventure's quick wheel swapping feature works well, @Funky preference could become popular for those who can afford it.

That is a good list of preference. 

To compare I initially bought a 2nd V11 so I could have a summer/winter setup but also as backup incase of a breakdown or puncture. Not all think this way but being able to share parts made it a better option in the pandemic where spare parts especially drive board were hard to resource. 

I do like the idea of easy exchange modules like motor or battery. This means a smaller battery compared to huge battery model would suit my ride need much better 95% of the time. And I could charge in garage vs 4th floor flat. A side benafit I don't pay the electricity bill in garage as that is included in the rent😁

So in many ways I find good things in the new proposed lineup from Inmotion. I just hope they stick to this with the CEO leaving. It feels like a speedbumo or curb. But luckily Inmotion created suspension wheels by now so hopefully the big impact is mitigated. 

I am looking forward to see some reviews of ride sensation and teardown info too. I hope @Duf get to test these. I like his talk as he ride without big splashes to click bait people a lot. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2023 at 5:56 PM, UPONIT said:

I haven't had even the slightest problem with my V11.

V12HT and Mten4 have been pretty problem-free also.

My mten4 was basically replaced at this point after 20 mi…. oh and what was not replaced was the frame even tho it was bent from factory as well the black paint is chipping off everywhere from the aluminum because it was not properly applied, I couldn’t apply the stock pads because the they shipped warped. Even the lcd (underneath the cover) never had the protective plastic peeled off, and nothing about it is water resistant in any shape or form… something every other PEV I’ve literally owned is at least to some minimal degree.

pretty sure the v12 is not all it’s cracked up to be. Having seen the v13 I’d definitely say inmotion has it going on, crossing fingers for future wheels with this pedigree!

Edited by zaft
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, techyiam said:

Thank you for your response. 

I see. I suppose we value things differently. 

Since you have used the Sherman-S as an example as to why you wouldn't consider buying a Veteran electric wheel, this is a good example to show how we differ in the way we value the different aspects of an electric wheel. Actually, in the case of the Sherman-S, I thought Leaper Kim did responded well to the few complaints that surfaced. The cracked top half shell of the stanchion clamp occurred during reassembly, and not during riding, at least for the incident that I read.

The rusted shaft of the pedals was a negative, but I don't consider this as a big issue, and Leaper and the dealers promptly resolved it. Someone did mentioned about the bottom end portion of the stanchion rubs against the inside of the battery pack. Again, not sure whether this is something to be concerned with for the majority of the owners. I have not heard much about it since. Even though, we did not hear many complaints from Sherman-S owners, Leaper Lim did address those issues with a package of parts send to the owners. The thing is I keep hearing from Sherman-S owners saying how happy they are, online and from local riders.

In contrast, for many months, I was hearing complaints and frustration from S22 owners. And with the Master, how the owners first order of business is to replace the linkage, shock, and add a protective fairing kit, and how many revisions of boards?

Based on my Abrams ownership experience, and reading online feedback, and conversations with local riders, I would definitely consider buying another Veteran wheel.

Again, this isn't a deal breaker for me. My Abrams is loud too, but I am OK with it. The charge port is deeply recessed. IMO, nothing to catch. This is lazy engineering. But it wouldn't be a showstopper for me.

I like the V12 and the V13. They have nice features. The V13's suspension is decent enough, but it's no Sherman-S nor Patton. The suspension is first generation design. Inmotion is working to replace it with a hydraulic suspension in order to be competitive. I would also consider buying an Inmotion wheel based on my V12 ownership experience, and how I like the V13 rides compared to my Abrams. I also hear V13 owners saying good things about it. But there seemed to be many more Sherman-S owners out there.

I feel the same way with my V12 and Abrams. Actually, I had no issues with my T3 out of the box. However, after a year of ownership, I started to noticed that things have been wearing down. The T3 is not durable. In contrast, both the V12 and Abrams looked to last, especially the latter.

It is weird that you are OK with the V11's problems, but not OK with the Sherman-S's. The Sherman-S is Leaper Kim's first suspension wheel. And I think they did a great job.

I am looking forward to the releases of the Inmotion's battery swappable wheels. I will compare them to the Veteran models as well as the Begode/Extreme Bull offerings before deciding on my next wheel purchase. I am so happy with my Abrams that I may not get a gap-filler suspension wheel in the meantime. 

i admire your genius insight:thumbup:

11 hours ago, Funky said:

Is this one of those wheels with removable battery packs? If rider doesn't need range - he can use one battery pack?

Or completely different wheel?

Yes. 

Inmotion Adventure will have a replaceable battery packs. You can leave only 1 pack if you prefer less weight and less range.

2 hours ago, Merk said:

Yes. 

Inmotion Adventure will have a replaceable battery packs. You can leave only 1 pack if you prefer less weight and less range.

Doh somehow i think even with one battery pack it will be over 35kg.. Which is yet another heavy wheel. :(

I just hope it will be around 30kg, or less.

How heavy are most wheels without battery packs? Case and motor only? 20-25kg?

~1000Wh pack around ~6kg? Knowing Inmotion wheels are more heavy than most.. My bet is it will be over 35kg. Which makes me sad. :( 

Edited by Funky

how are those packs arranged? if it's one pack on each side of the wheel, then riding with only one pack installed will result in a misaligned cog. 6 kg on only one side of the wheel, that's equal to riding with one arm stretched out to the side...  no good.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Robse said:

how are those packs arranged? if it's one pack on each side of the wheel, then riding with only one pack installed will result in a misaligned cog. 6 kg on only one side of the wheel, that's equal to riding with one arm stretched out to the side...  no good.

I was not one of those who were privy to see an image of the Adventure.

However, from what I can gather, there will be four slots, one at each corner.

Bob Yan said that he had a chance to ride one, and the imbalance wasn't that bad.

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I was not one of those who were privy to see an image of the Adventure.

However, from what I can gather, there will be four slots, one at each corner.

Bob Yan said that he had a chance to ride one, and the imbalance wasn't that bad.

4 corners, then the optimal solution for riding with "half-pack" would be like this:

Annotation 2023-07-13 124509.jpg

Annotationm 2023-07-13 124509.jpg

3 minutes ago, Robse said:

4 corners, then the optimal solution for riding with "half-pack" would be like this:

Annotation 2023-07-13 124509.jpg

Annotationm 2023-07-13 124509.jpg

OK. And eack pack is 2P.

I believe Bob has ridden it with 1 and 3 pack configurations. And he said the wheel still rides well.

The EX.N has a 3 pack configuration. 

5 hours ago, Robse said:

- the main reason for me not to buy that wheel ^_^

It is funny that you mentioned that.

Ms Crusher, bought a EX.N HS. Then she bought a Sherman Max. Shortly after, she sold her Sherman Max and continue to ride her EX.N HS.

The funny thing was that she gave as one of the reasons why she like the Sherman Max more was that she didn't like the imbalance she felt on the EX.N. 

Go figure.

Edited by techyiam

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Ms Crusher, bought a EX.N HS. Then she bought a Sherman Max. Shortly after, she sold her Sherman Max and continue to ride her EX.N HS.

The funny was she gave as one of the reasons why she like the Sherman Max more was that she didn't like the imbalance she felt on the EX.N. 

Go figure.

But she sold the Max, and kept the EX.N.?    despite imbalance?    Something to do with female hormones i guess.  Do not try to find logic in the actions of women. :P

Edited by Robse
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Robse said:

But she sold the Max, and kept the EX.N.?    despite imbalance?    Something to do with female hormones i guess.  Do not try to find logic in the actions of women. :P

I don't think it is a women thing.

As popular as the OG Sherman was, there are those who will find the Sherman not the best wheel for them.

For whatever reasons, I like the Abrams and the Patton more. I also like the Hero, RS-19, Commander, and EX.N more than the OG Sherman.

The Adventure could potentially be a good wheel, but it could take another couple of batches to get some of the teething problems sorted. For me, I am between the Commander Mini and the Patton. The Adventure could be my 2024 wheel if there isn't something more interesting showing up along the way.

Edited by techyiam

47 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The funny was she gave as one of the reasons why she like the Sherman Max more was that she didn't like the imbalance she felt on the EX.N. 

Go figure.

There was more to that decision than preference for one wheel over another.  It isn't my place to tell her business though.  I will say that I know the person that bought her SherMax and he asked her why as they were discussing the sell.  It was not based on ride preference.

She may have a YT video where she discusses it...it has been a while so I can't remember how many details she included.

Edited by Rollin-on-1

21 minutes ago, Robse said:

Bro that is very inappropriate.  There was logic behind the decision and it had nothing to do with ride feel or your toxic AF assumptions.  

3 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Bro that is very inappropriate.  There was logic behind the decision and it had nothing to do with ride feel or your toxic AF assumptions.  

i know - relax . it was meant as a joke, but I'm well aware that in this "meeto" age, it's mostly better to keep your mouth shut than try to be a little funny.  It wasn't to make derogatory fun of anyone, or be "poisonous" - just plain fun with a little twinkle in the eye.  By the way, anyone is free to make fun of me, that's fine.  :cheers:

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Jokes are supposed to be funny but there wasn't anything funny about it.

Yep, jokes are not the same as saying something that is just plain dumb and pointless and adds nothing to the discussion and helps nobody. It just puts people off contributing here, who wants to deal with an environment like that? We (mods) certainly don't want that for the forum (or any other place).

Please stay on the topic of electric unicycles, and also behave nicely and constructively. As @Rollin-on-1so aptly says: you guys can do better!

• Like 1

The Brahan Seer;

Gervais is great.  no one is safe from him and nothing is sacred.  great post just to break up the thread abit but there are some enlightening statements in it.  thanx for the posting TBS

• Like 1

• techyiam changed the title to Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion
  • meepmeepmayer locked this topic
  • meepmeepmayer unlocked this topic