Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

• techyiam changed the title to Inmotion Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

I am really looking forward to how inmotion implement their monoshock wheel.

Everyone seems to be loving the plush suspension on the Sherman-s, Patton and CP etc but I still think mono shocks are better if you like a firmer sporty ride especially if you aren't too heavy. They should require less servicing that is easier to reach too. Time will tell.

as FnB says so many great choices.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve been waiting for the new Inmotion wheels with my pants on fire! Really eager to learn whether this Adventure will be my next wheel.

I also wonder if a tube slider system (Master) can be as plush as a roller slider one (S22 Pro).

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Really eager to learn whether this Adventure will be my next wheel.

I'm in a similar boat to you as in nothing so far has been good enough to part with my cash but this or the Begode Extreme might do it.

Although the S18 had its issues, mine has been fine and the sliding mechanism is great and problem free. No issues with wearing out or getting clogged with very minimal servicing required so its very hard to buy something twice the price which looks like they have inferior suspension implementation in the long run. Or maybe I'm just being too fussy.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I also wonder if a tube slider system (Master) can be as plush as a roller slider one (S22 Pro).

With a vehicle-grade fork-style slider, all you have to do is to add a damping circuit, and put in a coil spring, and it becomes a full fledge fork-style suspension, with everything sealed inside, in an oil bath.

I don't think a fork-style slider is cost-effective when it is done right. Begode sliders are really not vehicle-grade sliders. There is no precision to speak of. It is mostly some tube inside another tube, and bushings at each end acting as anti-friction sliding elements. 

Unless Inmotion can pull a rabbit out of a hat, and give us something ingenious.

I can see 3 approaches to sliders:

(1) Fully enclosed, and more durable version of the S22 slider.

(2) Vehicle-grade fork-style sliders that is cost effective.

(3) Innovative swingarm approach. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Something better than this but similar in a bigger form factor and batteries slung either side would be very interesting..

Nice find.

I can't make out from the photo, whether they use a torsional spring and damper too? If they did, it would be compact with good simplicity. 

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Nice find.

I can't make out from the photo, whether they use a torsional spring and damper too? If they did, it would be compact with good simplicity. 

What many people would complain about though is that it uses non-standard shocks/dampers that can’t be replaced for better quality ones.

While a swing arm system like that could be a champion in plushness and sticktion free operation, I’m not convinced that it wouldn’t have some significant downsides, such as weight. And KS especially (whose prototype that is in my understanding) has a notoriously weak history of getting swivel bearings aligned properly, which would be crucial for such a system. Dunno, I’m just suspicious.

I am hoping for a real S18 replacement (more power like 2500watts, bigger battery like 1500wh, new coil shock setup) but try and keep it light in weight still, am hoping this Adventure wheel is 18" but seeing how InMotion has a few successful 16" wheels that might not be the case.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

While a swing arm system like that could be a champion in plushness and sticktion free operation, I’m not convinced that it wouldn’t have some significant downsides, such as weight. And KS especially (whose prototype that is in my understanding) has a notoriously weak history of getting swivel bearings aligned properly, which would be crucial for such a system. Dunno, I’m just suspicious.

Swingarm designs including bearings are tried and true for motorcycles and bicycles for quite a while now.

I think the bigger unknown is more of how to best adapt it to an electric wheel?

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Swingarm designs including bearings are tried and true for motorcycles and bicycles for quite a while now.

So are telescopic tubes as sliders. Yet here we are.

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I think the bigger unknown is more of how to best adapt it to an electric wheel?

That’s what it always boils down to. All EUC manufacturers are just figuring all this out. They have barely any experience in making any kind of EUC suspension systems, and some of them haven’t even tried, but just used 3rd party shock manufacturers instead. Which was a good move of course, but doesn’t make the EUC manufacturers themselves experts on the matter.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

So are telescopic tubes as sliders. Yet here we are.

You are not wrong. But I suspect the biggest impediment has to do with cost. There are plenty of designs to copy from, but the buyers always balk at the higher price. So, the manufacturers go with the cheapest route. Proper fork-style sliders are not cheap to produce. I believe the swingarm approach should be cheaper in the long run. But the initial R&D costs maybe high because you can't use anything off the shelf.

6 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That’s what it always boils down to. All EUC manufacturers are just figuring all this out. They have barely any experience in making any kind of EUC suspension systems, and some of them haven’t even tried, but just used 3rd party shock manufacturers instead. Which was a good move of course, but doesn’t make the EUC manufacturers themselves experts on the matter.

The R&D cost for the Sherman-S suspension should have been minimal since the suspension is basically contained in the struts. And the struts should not have been that difficult to adapt from existing designs in FastAce's inventory. In contrast, for the swingarm design, it would be from scratch. So, the initial cost can be high. But once designed, production cost should be favorable since all the precision bits are contained within the roller bearings. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2023 at 12:22 PM, Forwardnbak said:

Should know some more next week. 

“Next week” is practically over, and I’m itching bad for new info on new Inmotion wheels! What’s up??

i guess there was a big SHOULD :)

They had some time off over there and seems are back on board. I can ask nicely

I have seen a spreadsheet with some stuff on it but I think mid May is when can mention that.

Im just being grateful for any info I get and sitting bak eagerly. Not keen to push, also excited though to find out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No news is bad news.

Maybe Inmotion got caught with their pants down.

First, there came the:

(1) Veteran Patton,

then followed by:

(2) Begode Extreme. 

Whatever they do, I hope their next wheel will be relevant and competitive. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, techyiam said:

No news is bad news.

Maybe Inmotion got caught with their pants down.

First, there came the:

(1) Veteran Patton,

then followed by:

(2) Begode Extreme. 

Whatever they do, I hope their next wheel will be relevant and competitive. 

i think they are just recovering from a busy trade show and doing their scooters. 

I haven’t asked about the new wheel but just sorted out the faster mode on V13 and signed the waiver etc, i’ll see how I go not sure I’ll push that far. 

Mid may they will share more about upcoming products Bob said. It’s just loose chat so i’m not locking the dates in. 

Things are ok IM wise i’m guessing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Mid may they will share more about upcoming products Bob said. It’s just loose chat so i’m not locking the dates in. 

I see. I hope you are right. Just need to be a bit more patient. 

Thank you.

• Like 2

• techyiam changed the title to Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion
  • meepmeepmayer locked this topic
  • meepmeepmayer unlocked this topic