Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I could see myself riding the V14 everyday. As a matter of fact i missed reviewing it, it left nyc as soon as Hsiang was done. The V13 is a terrible wheel for street, mainly due to its weight and inertia at low speed. In traffic, that's not ideal. The suspension is sub par too. I owned a V13 fyi. Everything is better on the V14 with the speed range you mentioned. I always suspected this wheel would be a great city device and confirmed it with my short try of the V14. Of course everything is doable if you really want a v13. 

i agree the v13 is a toad as designed. 

but hou made me these and if i was in an urban environment, i'd do 55mm drop and 40mm forward which will also work keeping the suspension. on my rough, washboard pastures, the v13's win because of the 22" knobby.

michelin 90/80 r16 city grip 2 on my street ride. 

even the 70mm drop has plenty of clearance

27CBB9CE-F537-4F57-8A62-C6151F2E76D7.jpeg.6c1468c734a13eaa6ffc28c8dd4a6dd6.jpeg

someday all wheels will have forward bias pedals so ur feet don't hang off the front. so much more control and comfort. looks better too.

5FDAE670-61B6-4339-9060-EA257CB0EA54.thumb.jpeg.2f688cfd8316ed06ac911630b150c266.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We get sucked into the ATGATT whirlwind, its nice to get back down to earth and see how you can approach EUC's without prior knowledge.

This is a very good Review of the V14 from and for film makers, slowly but surely EUC's are becoming normalised.

• Like 3