Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

42 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Hate to be the Debbie downer but these are just subjective opinions and not any scientific tests, that might be important to some people but not a basis to say that they are more or less the same, when we see pull force test then we can determine that.

For example we already have results for the Extreme and it's not that strong comparatively speaking as you can see.

It should be checked on dynamometer not like this. To have torque and power curves.

Edited by mih

5 hours ago, mih said:

Hello EUC addicts,

I'm about to order V14 50S because got a good price and decent delivery time. But still not sure if it is good idea, could you help me decide?

What i understand it has less range and lower vmax than competition (Patton, Begode Extreme), quite crucial things actually.

Torque what i've seen on reviews is comparable (some reviewers say v14 is better but some say the opposite).

So why to choose V14? For water resistance only? Why you decided to buy this particular wheel?

When you a question like this you will get a lot of different answers.

You need to know but of the people answering the question to evaluate the answer. 

I will state this very clear the other brands you refer to would never be a consteter to my purchase. So yes I am biased.

To understand a bit more why and to see what I think of the V14 have a read though this thread.

I can say I never intended to do jumps on this EUac so I need to get a coil spring better suited to street and light trail rides and my weight. But it isn't a huge deal to do this in my eyes. 

I have not had any points to any quality issues but I only used it like 2 weeks now and for shorter rides. About 85km in total.

2 hours ago, mih said:

I think big factor here is inmotion marketing.

Here (28:30) is side by side v14 torque  comparision with patton and extreme and they are more less the same, for sure v14 is not the best

https://youtu.be/2rqKH8iR-S8?si=SrdSJAHuEHvkToDv

Now I do didn't look at the video (yet). But...

In my view you can compare many things on paper or by testing or by using products.

To me not one specific specification make a product experience. And sometimes it matter lees what number you have if you are passed good enough mark. And sometimes a very specific high number comes at a cost of something else.

I don't use max speed or max torque or power rating.it is by far good enough for my needs what the V14 can do.

The is a cost to it. It is wider and heavier than what I used before. But I do value the design of the build a lot. It is down to what I can monitor and how safe with batteries I feel this gives me.

Easy service compared to my old EUC and still having suspension (that I need to get better suited to my weight and ride type).

That it is possible to change parts for regular parts to fit a more adapted suspension to my liking Vs a OEM special solutions without other options.

One of the bigger downsides are the trolley as I am used to a much better solution but it works and I adapt better on each use towards the solution that is on the V14. It isn't a deal-breaker in my eyes.

The app from Inmotion is rather good on my eyes. There are 3rd parties too but still good to have something that works from the maker.

I were sceptical about the pedals but they tend to grow on me. Same thing goes for the tire of 2nd batch.

It is a very stable ride but I am used to a more nimble control at super slow speeds.  But I am slowly adapting to the V14.

Now you have a lot of fine tuning in settings that you do not see on other brands and that can impact a lot of how you can tap into the power the V14. Rider that are biased to non-Inmotion wheels do often not know about this or do not spend the time to play with this hence they never see what they are missing out on. 

This is displayed in the app but if you never used it it isn't necessarily that intuitive or straight forward. When you see reviews this often never touched upto. Also listen to how many time the reviews mention other when than the one they review. This will give a good idea of the review is biased in what they talk about. Or at least give you a reference to where their experience and opinion comes from. 

Edited by Unventor
Note about Inmotion settings there is a video from MrElwood on YouTube that explains this from a V11 but this is the same basis for V14 overall too.

1 hour ago, mih said:

It should be checked on dynamometer not like this.

Well nobody's got a dynamometer handy to test these things so IMO this is the next best thing. The goal was to have some tangible information about the power between models apart from someones opinion. I think it's sufficient for now and i could care less about the "power curve" since most people don't race them.

On 3/2/2024 at 12:41 AM, Jason McNeil said:

56mm/2.20" on the V14 500lb shock. Source from Fastace: 

Screenshot2024-03-01at9_39_31AM.thumb.png.ce9bce37e01949ffb0236605cb3813a9.png

Hmm. The same page has this picture, which specifies 52.5mm. That is closer to 2".

image.png.43a074077c1361c84a682369dbd12e28.png

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ro.man said:

Found a good deal for those of you who are in the US

https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-DHX2-Factory-2022-8

I would be wary of jensonusa. I have tried to order helmets twice before, unsuccessfully. First, it was a payment processing issue - some BS about a "fraud" alert (no other website had problems with my cc in the past five years). Next, the helmet was not available in the style or size I ordered it in, despite the website product page showing two available. Lastly, they are very hard to get ahold of on the phone or by email. I will *NOT* waste my time ordering from them again.

Edited by litewave

13 hours ago, Ro.man said:

Just got a confirmation from Inmotion support.

Interesting, are you sure it wasn't a chatbot you got conformation from? I only say this because they use them for their service department and i would be awfully surprised they gave @Jason McNeil one of their largest sellers here in the US erroneous information as well as a bunch of wrong 550lb shocks. Don't you have a v14? have you tried to measure it? I will have mine in a few days, id be happy to measure the linkage travel.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe

18 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Interesting, are you sure it wasn't a chatbot you got conformation from? I only say this because they use them for their service department and i would be awfully surprised they gave @Jason McNeil one of their largest sellers here in the US erroneous information as well as a bunch of wrong 550lb shocks. Don't you have a v14? have you tried to measure it? I will have mine in a few days, id be happy to measure the linkage travel.

I might be wrong but if one measured on the spring it might not take into consideration the mounting play or tighting to fix the spring. I am not an expert on these things and I have not taken the shock of my V14 yet.

Now from what I have looked at I am not considering to get an airshock as it seems to need maintenance ever 200 hours of use. 

I have been looking at a Creek Came DB L with a progressive coil. But I cane across they apparently had some quality issues that they trying to bounce back from. 

So right now I am looking to maybe buying the standard 500lbs+ shock from Inmotion (sold at Ewheels too but I am not in the US). The reason why I get this is to get a better suited ride and maybe later pick a better solution. But better suited ride I mean I have no sag on the 600-900lbs suspension, and I only do simple commuting and easy trails. 

Once I have a spare shock system I can check it for measurements. 

On 3/3/2024 at 4:09 AM, Unventor said:

This might help you if you are going to fiddle with the suspension or change something regarding it.

I got this from someone at Inmotion and an okey to share it. 

Quick update on the shock change video, there is no need to take the pedals off, i have no idea why they do it in the video. All you need to do is remove the 2 top covers to get at the top shock bolt. So it takes about 5 minutes to change the shock.

The part where you put back the battery bracket so it's fully seated is sooo hard if you don't have a second person to push down on the V14. If removing it is not absolutely necessary then it would have saved me the pain from bending and contorting myself.

2 hours ago, BlueCrow said:

If removing it is not absolutely necessary then it would have saved me the pain from bending and contorting myself.

Not sure what you were "bending and contorting". If you lift the handle before you put the bottom brackets back on you wont have to try to compress the spring and the brackets basically sit on the tube and stay there because the have index tabs on them.

2 hours ago, Lexonit said:

Probably to ensure that the shock absorber is released. Removing the tension by dismantling the slide fixing

Right, and it's unnecessary because the shock fully extended doesn't have any pressure on it when the EUC is lying on its front.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings EUC enthusiasts!

As a longtime fan and satisfied owner of the InMotion V11 and recently the 50s, I wanted to bring up the topic of seating options for the InMotion V14. As many of you know, this is an incredible adventure wheel with outstanding features, such as a powerful motor, superior build quality, sleek design, enhanced safety measures, and commendable waterproofing, the V14 promises to deliver exceptional performance across various scenarios. However, I believe it would greatly benefit from having a safe add-on seat option.

While some may argue that standing is part of the experience when riding an EUC, I think providing riders with the choice to sit or stand would increase comfort and accessibility for all types of users. This could also potentially expand the market for the V14 by making it more appealing to those who prefer seated riding experiences.

Being primarily a seated rider, I found immense joy utilizing the V11 equipped with a convenient and durable spring-mounted seat, including most hill climbs. Keeping this enjoyable aspect in mind, I would love to see the integration of a similarly flexible and comfy seating arrangement within the V14 framework.

To address this issue, I propose a simple solution: adding a C-shaped metal bracket on the upper frame, adjacent to the tail light. This would provide a sturdy mounting point for a large, comfortable bike/bicycle saddle. The bracket should be designed with ease of installation and allowing riders to quickly switch between sitting and standing position as desired in mind. Most bigger saddles do come with a handle beneath it, and I have no problem with the V11 for years, pushing it around and even grabing on the seat handle to carry it into an SUV boot.

What are your thoughts on including a seat for the InMotion V14? Do you have any other suggestions for how this might be achieved? Let's start a conversation and see if we can come up with creative ways to enhance our beloved hobby!

4 hours ago, Kmil said:

Greetings EUC enthusiasts!

As a longtime fan and satisfied owner of the InMotion V11 and recently the 50s, I wanted to bring up the topic of seating options for the InMotion V14. As many of you know, this is an incredible adventure wheel with outstanding features, such as a powerful motor, superior build quality, sleek design, enhanced safety measures, and commendable waterproofing, the V14 promises to deliver exceptional performance across various scenarios. However, I believe it would greatly benefit from having a safe add-on seat option.

I think its a good idea to make a thread titled: Seat for the Inmotion V14.  The megathreads are confusing methinks.   V14 is an off road short range EUC - Maybe Inmotion will come uip with a seat  maybe not.   Inmotion V11 V12 and V13 have seat  that works well. 

7 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Maybe Inmotion will come uip with a seat  maybe not.

One is in the works, @Jason McNeil from ewheels sent me this before i received my v14.

on Feb 29th the email said=

"The Powerpads will be shipped out separately. Bonus seat kits will also be shipping out in about 3-4 weeks. "

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Really, the seats are coming :D

Never questioned that for a second. Thanks for the info. Also thanks for throwing the seats in with the deal, more so why i posted your email message. To highlight the fact you were throwing them in for free and they exist..:D You sir have amazing customer service.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

If you are looking for different colours/colors....

So who is selling this?