Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

20 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

If you are looking for different colours/colors...

If I want a different color on a wheel that consists mainly of plastic trim, I just buy some foil and do it myself or go to a car wrapper and have it wrapped. 

Presumably the product on offer is only pre-cut film anyway. 

10 minutes ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Presumably the product on offer is only pre-cut film anyway. 

You can relax, the product doesn't exist other than being an example of an ad using digital resources. Looks like a guy just having a bit of fun on the side. I can't decide if its an example of very good skills by the artist or an example of what AI can do, hard to tell in this day and age.

But I like the concept of being able to overlay your existing shell with robust carbon fibre/plastic trim so it acts as sacrificial protection in the event of a crash or someone learning to ride a new wheel or just to make a wheel look better. GT Pro anyone?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mih said:

Question to v14 owners (and other wheels)- do you experience self discharging battery when wheel is switched off? about 2-3% per 24h?

Nope not on my V14. But some other money deals have had this problem. I recall Z10 and another some time back. 

Is the V14 really that modular that it allows you to ride with only two battery packs? Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking it is a good way to decrease the weight temporarily if you don't need it.

28 minutes ago, Duccen said:

Is the V14 really that modular that it allows you to ride with only two battery packs? Has anyone tried this? I'm thinking it is a good way to decrease the weight temporarily if you don't need it.

It's actually a very good idea, the weight really make it less fun to ride, esp in town/park where we not really need that much battery power reserve.

We may need 2 dummy battery pack casings so that the power pads can stick on ?  thinking to remove the rear 2 battery packs :D

4 hours ago, Duccen said:

Well the battery packs is part of what makes the structure stable. In theory they said (Inmotion some time back) that the wheel can handle not all packs being charged or having a empty battery structure. But ai have yet to see any to provide it. 

After I swapped my shock I doubt it would work if you just removed a battery pack. You can see this in the video ai linked showing how to swap the shock. Once the battery pack is not attached to the lower bracket then structure is not strong to support a rider I imagine.

• Upvote 2

This video examines specifically the suspension issues with the V14.

The time stamp shows how in one case, the sliders in a V14 are worse than what I have seen with my S22 out-of-the-box with stock sliders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

This video examines specifically the suspension issues with the V14.

The time stamp shows how in one case, the sliders in a V14 are worse than what I have seen with my S22 out-of-the-box with stock sliders.

Wow looks like the sliders are very similar to Begode system, that is terrible, and people complain about the maintenance on the S22. 🙄

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Wow looks like the sliders are very similar to Begode system, that is terrible, and people complain about the maintenance on the S22. 🙄

It is hard to not give Leaper Kim credit for bringing out a suspension system design for euc's that's simply makes the most sense when compared to the linkage suspension designs we have witnessed so far.

However, on hindsight, after seeing Begode's and Inmotion's attempt at suspension designs, since by the Grace of God, and hence, the invention of roller sliders, Kingsong suspension design may have to be begrudgingly considered legit. :) 

• Like 2

After watching the revealing video on the design of the V14 sliders, which are dry-lubed (not wet-lubed), and for those who have not had the ownership experience of an S22 with stock sliders, you people will soon understand. Using grease is not the solution.

But most importantly, Inmotion lied about using motorcycle grade sliders in the V14.

The only difference seems to be that they put a rubber wiper at both ends, that's an improvement but still far from what they marketed.

1 hour ago, Kmil said:

(not sure about V12, V13, but I was told this is the way to do it while try riding my friend's Extreme.)

On the V12, if the wheel is on, and is on the rear kick stand, just by using the top handle to rotate the wheel to the upright position, the motor will automatically engage and the wheel self-balances. No buttons need to be pressed.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, techyiam said:

On the V12, if the wheel is on, and is on the rear kick stand, just by using the top handle to rotate the wheel to the upright position, the motor will automatically engage and the wheel self-balances. No buttons need to be pressed.

Thanks for the info, this makes me wondering why V14 don't have this features, as already programmed in V11, V12 ? :confused1:

7 minutes ago, Kmil said:

... this makes me wondering why V14 don't have this features, as already programmed in V11, V12 ? :confused1:

This is indeed puzzling. Are you sure there is no setting available in the app to allow a rider to choose which behaviour?

Just now, techyiam said:

This is indeed puzzling. Are you sure there is no setting available in the app to allow a rider to choose which behaviour?

No, cant find any about this setting in the app.

( Jz updated to 2nd firmwares update yesterday, to the latest :

Driver Board: V5.6.60

HMIC Board:  V3.0.40

)

Hope they could include this feature in their next firmware update.   :wub:

• Upvote 1

The spin-kill mode on the V14 is baffling. The manual says pressing the on/off button twice rapidly brings the wheel into "P mode" (park mode?). You'd think raising the wheel to level again would exit P mode, but it doesn't. Pressing the on/off switch twice rapidly again doesn't work. The only way I could find to exit P mode is to turn the wheel off and then back on again. Seems kind of pointless.

Edit: @Kmil, I see you posted some info on how to get out of P mode in another thread. I'll give that a try.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:04 AM, mtl said:

The spin-kill mode on the V14 is baffling. The manual says pressing the on/off button twice rapidly brings the wheel into "P mode" (park mode?). You'd think raising the wheel to level again would exit P mode, but it doesn't. Pressing the on/off switch twice rapidly again doesn't work. The only way I could find to exit P mode is to turn the wheel off and then back on again. Seems kind of pointless.

Edit: @Kmil, I see you posted some info on how to get out of P mode in another thread. I'll give that a try.

Hi there! @mtl Glad to see another V11 rider upgrading to V14!

I was facing the same issue while riding/parking it, thus sharing my tips there, hope it can help more new V14 riders.

The button response is too slow: - pressing the button normally/rapidly twice(approx. at standard computer mouse double-click speed ), it will only be counted as one press, and turn on/off the light. We need to slowly click-wait +-400ms++ -click  , then only it will work... :mellow:

Hopefully @Inmotion Global  InMotion will update/recalibrate this button click interval timing in the future firmware too. :thumbup:

Edited by Kmil
double click interval timing estimate adjustment
  • Like 1

Whoever is using the V14 street tire for street riding, give me some comments on how it handles. If I get this wheel, I will probably not feel confident with the knobby tire on the streets for humid and wet conditions particularly.

2 hours ago, jmsjms said:

Whoever is using the V14 street tire for street riding, give me some comments on how it handles. If I get this wheel, I will probably not feel confident with the knobby tire on the streets for humid and wet conditions particularly.

The 2nd batch tire is actually rather good as a street ride. But as it is kind of (_) profiled vs a MC U profile time it prefer to go straight. This has it ups and downs. It is less nimble as my V11 with a k66 tire yet easier to ride at speeds as it takes less effort to balance.

How the ewheel installed tire feels like I don't know.

If you look though the V14 threads someone posted about 2 different street tires and talked about the profile how that impact. Thread of the or cut pattern is one thing but how the tire is profiled car Vs MC style can make a much bigger difference. As long the tire is not a slick tire.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jmsjms said:

I didn't experience any problems with stock knobby on wet asphalt, but street tire just feels much better. As said many times before, street tire has more rounded shape, so the amount of rubber on the road is more consistent across a variety of lean angles. 

Edited by Ro.man

19 hours ago, jmsjms said:

On street riding, for speed from 0-50kmph, V11 and V14 (2nd batch 'All Terrain' type tyre) v much the same for me, for road holding and cornering once you get used to the weight and inertia difference. In fact, now i like V14 even more because of the faster acceleration and also much shorter stopping distance. Haven't try on wet days yet for the V14.

V11 to V14, its v safe to say m v happy with it, and will not consider changing to other tyres for now, since i do go for mild off roads too. Only waiting for a better seat setup and it will be a perfect wheel for my use :)

40 minutes ago, jmsjms said:

What does it look like: like a road tire, or is it knobby?

Follow this link.