39 minutes ago, Flying W said:

A Co worker who had been looking into this because I ride to work most days asked me when he should get. I recommended the 18XL.  He asked me "how fast does it go"? When I told him he just shook his head and said that's not fast enough.....

LoL... Remind him he's riding one wheel device, that is smaller than suitcase. And ask him again if it's to "slow". 18xl is one of best wheels to get as their starter, or one and only wheel.

As someone who used regular bicycle for riding around ~25mph is fast enough. Also if you ride faster - you need more safety gear.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, techyiam said:

It does? I thought the T4 bottom out less?

Master sliders are thicker and move more freely. T4 sliders are sticky ala s22, I hope I will fix that. The shock is little better - since it is really working this time - but still shock needs to be replaced. I am looking for fox one for right price. Life is to short for troubleshooting and tuning begode shocks. it is different bag of chocolate not a better one !

Ok, it is still better than s22/v11 - but not better than my modded s18 with spring.

Edited by daniel1234
  • Like 1

zx...

I did another 50 km on DIY repaired hub - there is still some sound I don't like. I need to take it apart again and take a look to be sure. Better safe than sorry. This time I will go crazy and drill the whole stator through and find some ferromagnetic rods, so it will not affect overall flux or inductance. 

Anyway - if I ignore technical issues: 

T4 is fun to ride, I like 16inch form factor for the sidewalks ride. From 15 km/h it is really zippy, but I missing just low-end torque for jumping. Is anybody have T4 with QS motor ? I am curious how much torque it has...

• Like 2

Has anybody figured out how to mod sliders to go up/down smoothly?

Or how is your suspension working? When I take the shock out it is not working as expected.... yeah it works somehow ... bad not as my master/s18.

• Like 1

ok found the problem - hub motor screw head, damaged carbon-brass slider insert. Omg I should design my own EUC.  This is getting ridiculous. feels like fixing everything : Motor, suspension , electronic, reflash fW  ... It is like a science kit :D:D

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Why will it fail ? 

Because it's not black as the one of the master? just kidding.

Begode-Master-review-6-768x577.png

To me it seems it's the same nylon socks technology on both.

We know stator slips, we know bearing have (still since RS) issues with water, we know sometimes bolts can grind suspension guides, but we have yet to see (unless I've missed it) this cable to fail at this place.

• Haha 1

If it's anything like the Master it is clamped at both ends, strongly shielded, not trapped by anything, and is designed for regular flexing. I think this is very unlikely to be a fail point unless we damage it in a crash.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Eucner said:

The cable could fail after some use, because it flexes just at the bend. It should distribute flex along whole length of free cable to last longer.

I see. Presumably that is the sort of thing that could be easily mitigated with the black spiral-wrap ?