V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

8 hours ago, Paul g said:

I thought it is about HY5012W not the form factor

We don't know specifically what mosfets are in the S20, most likely not 100v rated mosfets.

3 hours ago, Rawnei said:

We don't know specifically what mosfets are in the S20, most likely not 100v rated mosfets.

They are 150V rated Mosfets

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-MOSFET_StrongIRFET_TO247_100_150V-PB-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46269e1c019016a6b2f15ef3871

What I recall they are the ones rated for 78Amps (IRFP4321)

edit: dont forget that there are always 2 in parallel in the 12 Mosfet configuration, so 146 Amps (edit2: per Phase, per Direction)

Edited by rolis
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Mickey opened it and apparently found the same mosfets as in S18. He is not the only source. Some other youtubers that got their hands on it said the same thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-2FCZgs1Q&t=317s

5 hours ago, rolis said:

They are 150V rated Mosfets

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-MOSFET_StrongIRFET_TO247_100_150V-PB-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d46269e1c019016a6b2f15ef3871

What I recall they are the ones rated for 78Amps (IRFP4321)

edit: dont forget that there are always 2 in parallel in the 12 Mosfet configuration, so 146 Amps (edit2: per Phase, per Direction)

According to 

they are JieJie JMSH1504AS (datasheet linked in next post)

37 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Mickey opened it and apparently found the same mosfets as in S18. He is not the only source. Some other youtubers that got their hands on it said the same thing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et-2FCZgs1Q&t=317s

Wasn't a very very first S20 prototype based on S18 electronics? Which changed by now with the test units?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Mickey opened it and apparently found the same mosfets as in S18.

At the 10:38 mark where he discusses the MOSFETs and mentions others having cutout issues, his video shows an S18 being taken apart, not an S2?. I don't know if that's him taking it apart, but it's not an S2?. Other teardowns (EcoDrift) clearly show an entirely different board than the S18 although they don't show the actual part number.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 10:27 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

I only meant the mosfet package size (TO 247, which has never shown any problems so far).

Well… depending on how you define “any problems”. Numerous riders, me included, have toasted an EUC with TO-247 mosfets.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, Paul g said:

@Rawnei I thought this is verified info :efee96588e:

@meepmeepmayer I don’t like :efeff54d4a: wrong mosfets on the wrong battery voltage. Something will go wrong sooner or later. 😑 

If you gathered that the HY5012W were a 100V mosfet, it’s not. It’s 125V.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:41 AM, Tawpie said:

It sort of depends... the thing that stuck out about the existing V12 (is it called the HS or did we make that up?) 

I'm pretty sure people started calling it V12 HS, since inmotion named the torque version "HT". 

So to make sure everyone knew they were talking about the the non-torque version, they randomly started saying "HS" for the "speedy" V12 version?  :blink1:

Personally I love to call the standard V12 as "V12" as opposed to the V12 HT version. 

Or maybe call the V12 non-HT as the V12 "speedy" aka V12S

I refuse to call it "High Speed" nothing "High" about it, well, besides the pedals. 

Not even sure if the torque version is worthy of the "High Torque" moniker, but since we all have no idea what type of "torque" it is and more importantly, what is even considered "high torque"?

So I'll let that one slide. (until reviews/videos/hearsay/oracles/wordfromGod). 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 3:29 AM, mrelwood said:

That’s interesting. The RS HS has a free spin speed of 98km/h, and is advertised as an 60-64km/h wheel. The V12 “HS” is faster on both accounts.

Well, if your benchmark for "High Speed" is the RS HS model, I guess it validates your personal assessment of V12 speedy of a "HS" moniker. 

But more importantly, what is consider "High Torque"? And what if it is a Turquey version of a wheel but doesn't meet the threshold of "High Torque" ? Does it become a "Medium Torque" or what? 

:huh:

Anyway, just some fun nitpicking vocabulary technicalities musings! Sorry for derailing the thread. 

Edited by onizukagto

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

Well, if your benchmark for "High Speed" is the RS HS model, I guess it validates your personal assessment of V12 speedy of a "HS" moniker. 

I don’t have such a benchmark, since I think it to be relative to the sister product. If two products are produced and one has more speed and less torque, and the other has more torque and less speed, they are generally called the HT and HS versions no matter what the actual measurable values are.

I’m still wondering though, do you call the RS HS something other than HS…? :P;)

Edited by mrelwood
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, mrelwood said:

I’m still wondering though, do you call the RS HS something other than HS…? :P;)

Apologies for continuing this derailing because I don't like to leave someone hanging and put this to an end, my answer is:

I've never really thought about the RS model, so I'm unfamiliar with the product range, therefore I can only determine the functionality from the model name.

So whenever I hear people mention "RS HS" , I just assumed there was a previous "RS Speed" model, hence "RS HS" is the successor model with higher speed compared to the older model. (it goes faster? So.. Higher?) so I don't really question it and I don't really have the interest to call it anything else! Haha. 

I know, I'm applying too much "logic" to a naming scheme from a Chinese company, yes yes. Mock me. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.brlogistics.net/us/ship-container-from-china/to-united-states/los-angeles/

Estimated transit time to ship a container from China to Los Angeles

The following table contains the estimated transit times with different shipping companies from China to Los Angeles, the average time of transit from China to Los Angeles port is from 15 days to 20 days.

image.thumb.png.a272bf26b08da162e3ce13c4bd220218.png

image.thumb.png.0f63443db32f616d2adb1da08226fe70.png

How much does it cost to ship a container from China to Los Angeles

The price to ship a container from China to Los Angeles, California port of Los Angeles will cost you approximately $2500 American Dollars (USD) for a 20ft container, and up to $3,500 Dollars for a 40ft container.

Estimated transit time to ship a container from China to New York

The following table contains the estimated transit times with different shipping companies from China to New York, the average time of transit from China to New York port is from 30 days to 40 days.

image.thumb.png.dddcfaab3b076810dd4571e19bfcae14.png

image.thumb.png.da96e7e2cc30661af98b68142de560d6.png

Container Shipping rates from China to New York

image.thumb.png.1f06751181ab6e80ca0027a4560938a6.png

image.thumb.png.f92ecc76d5c5c9f9172ae7fa6eb7c242.png

49 minutes ago, Cecily Inmotion said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7a014e992959486c7813d0c64d655230.jpeg

Thank you for the announcement!

I wonder if it should read June instead of July, since that would better match with the mentioned 4-6 weeks.

1 hour ago, Cecily Inmotion said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7a014e992959486c7813d0c64d655230.jpeg

Thanks @Cecily Inmotion for the update, it's good to know what's ongoing.

I hope to be proven wrong, but I'm guessing that as long as the COVID-19 handling strategy remains the same in China, anything that gets shipped eventually is a little miracle.
Then if there's no change in the approach, slowing down the pandemic instead of addressing it (with higher rate of vaccines with satisfying protection against the new variants) will only drag it out for years onwards. That might sound pessimistic but I'll take July.

I wonder if QC tests are completed on the replacement boards by Inmotion before shipment.
Since they won't be tested by test-riding them within a wheel. Do you know @Cecily Inmotion?

19 minutes ago, Paradox said:

The QC teams (also known as first batch buyers) are waiting across the globe to replace their 1st gen boards with the new one.  Results to follow.

lol sad but probably true. i'll be waiting to hear some feedback from those first brave qc riders before pushing mine.

• Like 2