V12 Cutout tracking

Richardo

Nice to see some communication on this! I am looking forward to going through the process of finally trusting my v12. I do ride mine often right now, but never fully trust it. So my fingers are crossed by July will have new board in hand! 

I will say even with all of this, i am not itching to get another wheel from the v12.. Usually about a year in i am already looking.. So far even with the current situation i feel i will be on this wheel for quite some time in the future. 

32 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Nice to see some communication on this! I am looking forward to going through the process of finally trusting my v12. I do ride mine often right now, but never fully trust it. So my fingers are crossed by July will have new board in hand! 

I will say even with all of this, i am not itching to get another wheel from the v12.. Usually about a year in i am already looking.. So far even with the current situation i feel i will be on this wheel for quite some time in the future. 

do you have a wheel from the 2nd batch? have to admit i haven't kept up since december...i'm curious what caused some of the V12's to spontaneously cutout while others can keep riding all this time. i had thought they were all pretty much at the same risk but maybe not.

24 minutes ago, wheel-life said:

do you have a wheel from the 2nd batch? have to admit i haven't kept up since december...i'm curious what caused some of the V12's to spontaneously cutout while others can keep riding all this time. i had thought they were all pretty much at the same risk but maybe not.

Mine is from the "1st batch." so the first small order.. All though i feel like that is the same as the "2nd batch" as far as internal components go. I think the changes made between the two batches are minimal. 

Some people will say the 1st batch may be more reliable.. but i am not sure if that is just people making themselves feel more comfortable. 

either way i have had no issues so far. Fingers crossed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

There's lots of info in this thread, but problem is not batch related, the mosfets was under-spec hence the new drive board for all V12 owners regardless of batch.

The nature of the problem is such that there is a high risk that the mosfets will die, this means you can still ride around on them until it happens if you want to take that risk, some people rode 2km before it happened and some rode 2000km and it didn't happen yet, generally the more you ride the more probable it is that it will happen, so people riding their V12 saying they have no problem is just them being lucky but taking that as a sign that they don't have the problem in their unit.

2 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Mine is from the "1st batch." so the first small order.. All though i feel like that is the same as the "2nd batch" as far as internal components go. I think the changes made between the two batches are minimal. 

Some people will say the 1st batch may be more reliable.. but i am not sure if that is just people making themselves feel more comfortable. 

either way i have had no issues so far. Fingers crossed

Thanks for the recap guys, I'll have to read through this thread more. Good to see some V12's are still going at least (at higher risk obv), had assumed they'd all be affected after a low(ish) amount of kms.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

It appears that the first customer has gotten their new upgraded V12 (og) board. They asked for a confirmation on IM Telegram chat for this Aliexpress bought board, which shipped on the first of May.

The photos clearly show mosfets with a marking GP039N15M, which points to a 150V mosfet by Hunteck in the TO-220 package size:

http://www.hunteck.com/Datasheets/HGP(B)039N15M_V1.0_090320.pdf

do you have any photos of the new board that you can share?

thanks,

steve

10 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Thank you for the announcement!

I wonder if it should read June instead of July, since that would better match with the mentioned 4-6 weeks.

Probably better to leave it as July. Better expectation management.

Its going to be very hard not to ride it, and crash reports don't really have a pattern. And the weather is finally nice, and I am only just now getting really comfortable riding it. I think I am doomed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Silverfish said:

Probably better to leave it as July. Better expectation management.

Its going to be very hard not to ride it, and crash reports don't really have a pattern. And the weather is finally nice, and I am only just now getting really comfortable riding it. I think I am doomed.

I think we are all sure to be doomed riding EUC's in general. I always feel like sooner or later something will fail while i am riding.. Weather that be a tire, a battery, or a mosfet, etc. I understand this is not a justification to volunteer for cutout testing, but a cutout/crash is always on the very back of my mind no matter what wheel i am riding. 

All of these parts and crap are consumable at some rate. None of them will last forever, and many of them can fail unpredictably. For this reason i feel like a cutout or crash is inevitable at some point. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjam.nyc said:

I think we are all sure to be doomed riding EUC's in general. I always feel like sooner or later something will fail while i am riding.. Weather that be a tire, a battery, or a mosfet, etc. I understand this is not a justification to volunteer for cutout testing, but a cutout/crash is always on the very back of my mind no matter what wheel i am riding. 

All of these parts and crap are consumable at some rate. None of them will last forever, and many of them can fail unpredictably. For this reason i feel like a cutout or crash is inevitable at some point. 

yes - its a calculated risk. i do what i can to mitigate that risk (eg riding gear etc) but i love riding too much to actually stop

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

As bunch of local friends are locked in Shanghai for 2 mos already, I think July is more appropriate for out of factory and we will get it around end of August or beginning of September.

I've no idea wtf china is doing since no one fxxking die from this covid wave. (Bunch 85+ people die because they are in God's hand but unfortunately they have covid so being classified as covid death, total BS)

On 5/10/2022 at 1:14 AM, mrelwood said:

Thank you for the announcement!

I wonder if it should read June instead of July, since that would better match with the mentioned 4-6 weeks.

4 hours ago, Daiko said:

As bunch of local friends are locked in Shanghai for 2 mos already, I think July is more appropriate for out of factory and we will get it around end of August or beginning of September.

I've no idea wtf china is doing since no one fxxking die from this covid wave. (Bunch 85+ people die because they are in God's hand but unfortunately they have covid so being classified as covid death, total BS)

Boards already started to show up in peoples hands now, pictures on FB from people who received them, my reseller says most likely he will have them next week.

12 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Boards already started to show up in peoples hands now, pictures on FB from people who received them, my reseller says most likely he will have them next week.

I haven't heard from my seller ewheel yet. I will shoot them an email. Thanks

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

So nobody is talking about WW's cutout on the V12 HT...

I logged on expecting to see tons of comments about it.  

There´s a separate topic for V12 HT. Please take a look at this post:

• Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 9:21 PM, jimjam.nyc said:

Well, that might be more descriptive for current state EUCs than anything else. Bc everything can eventually break down, but with serious quality parts that are backed with robust safeguards in software and hardware, backup parts with alerts on failures and so on you can make the risk so low it's not worth caring about.

I think we could get to a state where you are as worried of a cut out as you are that your car breaks stop working going 60mph+ on the highway. Where obviously the risk can vary somewhat over years of hard riding and service or lack there of.

On 5/22/2022 at 8:58 PM, Rollin-on-1 said:

So nobody is talking about WW's cutout on the V12 HT...

I logged on expecting to see tons of comments about it.  

He said it wasn't a cutout but a software failure 

• Like 1