Mango

7 hours ago, conecones said:

On first attempt, 30 mins to remove motor. 15 mins to inspect original motor bolts (I didn't replace, I just inspected and re-torqued). 30 mins to put back (I struggled with the air piston, hence my tips above). This was done using the side of a couch and on the floor using supplied allen keys. It would be reasonable to keep this process under 1 hr/wheel in a dedicated workstation using electric screw drivers.

thanks for that.

inmotion has a bunch of helpful videos on youtube about the v13. i would think since inmotion and vendors are sending out wheels asking the buyers to replace the bolts, the least they could do is make a "how to change ur axle bolts" video so buyers don't have difficulties.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

I wish someone would clearly say if the swap should be done before you change the tire? Ie: do I need to worry about it now? Are the bolts going to fail? 

Were there any cases in the wild, where the axle bolts were fractured (catastrophic failure) while riding, and the axle bolts were never tampered with since leaving the factory?

We are aware of one case, that of EEVEES V13. But those axle bolts were tampered with prior to failure. 

On Facebook, Sho Scott at Alienrides claimed that they had axle bolt issues on two V13's. On one, the bolts were tampered with, but on another, the bolts were not tampered with. Unfortunately, he did not elaborate on what the axle bolt axle issues were.

Edited by techyiam

On 2/9/2023 at 2:22 AM, conecones said:

Some tips for motor screw replacement:

Specs for the motor screws are the following: M6x20, 90 deg countersink/flat head type, Grade 12.9. IM recommended torque of 17Nm w/threadlocker

Looking at the picture of sheared bolts in below post it's definitely not a flathead bolt and the countersink angle looks like less than 90° (albeit it's tricky to establish that for sure from that image). It definitely looks more like the second type of bolt on images below (ignoring the torx instead of hexa type of key, torx actually being better here) rather than pure flat head type on first image, which I'd be reluctant to use as it has "weaker" head. 

41t3+CJ6DBL._AC_AA440_.jpg

519vUceDgDL._AC_AA440_.jpg

22E0D207-5B48-4D3A-815B-CBC56F04D2CD.jpeg.2a1bb367afefd1c5b1af48a5fd4f26f3.jpeg.jpg

razbiraem-monokoleso-inmotion-v13-148.jpg

razbiraem-monokoleso-inmotion-v13-149.jpg

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Were there any cases in the wild, where the axle bolts were fractured (catastrophic failure) while riding, and the axle bolts were never tampered with since leaving the factory?

We are aware of one case, that of EEVEES V13. But those axle bolts were tampered with prior to failure. 

On Facebook, Sho Scott at Alienrides claimed that they had axle bolt issues on two V13's. On one, the bolts were tampered with, but on another, the bolts were not tampered with. Unfortunately, he did not elaborate on what the axle bolt axle issues were.

That is also my impression. I haven't seen anything clearly confirm that this was an issue with a complete new V13 that hasn't been tampered with and only ridden (such as mine). I'm keeping my eyes peeled, but I also know that my own riding style doesn't include jumps or off-roading (yet). So, I still feel pretty confident about riding it anyway. Just waiting for some confirmations to occur, I guess. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

One owner claimed on reddit that their motor bolts sheared while riding, but without more details, so it's unknown what exactly was the wheel exposed to (style of riding or other conditions):

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, HEC said:

Two owners claimed on reddit that their motor bolts sheared while riding, but without more details, so it's unknown what exactly was the wheel exposed to (style of riding or other conditions):

18gsir was one of them. In his case, he did not mentioned whether the axle bolts were touched prior. Additionally, he only claimed vibrations. We don't know whether all bolts fractured, only some, or the bolts were just loose.

Who was the other owner?

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2023 at 5:22 PM, conecones said:

Dropping the motor requires removal of a dozen screws, and only the top cover needs to be unscrewed. Top cover can remain attached, no need to remove completely (if you do want it out, you will need to remove rear light (4 more screws) to access the connector). I recommend sliding the motor out with the wheel laying on its side, as the video showing lifting the chassis up only works well for removal but not for the reinstall - your back will be feeling the pain as you repeatedly raise and lower the chassis (with batteries still attached) while trying to align the sliders and fish the wires through.

I do the opposite to reinstall.. just drop the chassis right back on the motor.. or I can do it while laying it on its side.

and no, I don't need to remove the taillight assembly to disconnect the top cover... one step I still feel was unnecessary that the official InMotion video shows.

as far as time to replace the bolts? like.. less than 30 minutes..

planning to post a video soon.

• Like 2

This is one of those things I'll probably do once it is all crystal clear and the needed bolts, etc are all well-known elements. Seems like an easy enough thing to do, and I really appreciate how Inmotion tried to make the wheel repairable and serviceable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, novazeus said:

thanks for that.

inmotion has a bunch of helpful videos on youtube about the v13. i would think since inmotion and vendors are sending out wheels asking the buyers to replace the bolts, the least they could do is make a "how to change ur axle bolts" video so buyers don't have difficulties.

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

My pre-order from Alienrides is just around the corner and they recently addressed the issue and will be replacing the bolts before shipping. 

https://m.facebook.com/100058144086358/ 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Impoy47 said:

My pre-order from Alienrides is just around the corner and they recently addressed the issue and will be replacing the bolts before shipping. 

I believe Alienrides, eWheels, and EEVEES are all doing the same.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

Anybody with the wheel, what is the sound that comes from the wheel when moving it back and forth in front of you? You can hear it in Kuji's video of the wheel as well when he was moving back and forth on it, talking about how agile the wheel is. 

Is that just normal? 

2 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Anybody with the wheel, what is the sound that comes from the wheel when moving it back and forth in front of you? You can hear it in Kuji's video of the wheel as well when he was moving back and forth on it, talking about how agile the wheel is. 

Is that just normal? 

I think that's normal. I'd say this is the motor coils "clacking" when current changes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

18gsir was one of them. In his case, he did not mentioned whether the axle bolts were touched prior. Additionally, he only claimed vibrations. We don't know whether all bolts fractured, only some, or the bolts were just loose.

Who was the other owner?

You're right, it's only one, not two, I've misread the other one, who said that it "Hasn’t happened to mine yet." (I've corrected the above text.)

18gsir said: "One side broke on me while riding.".

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HEC said:

Congratulations! Mine is still in the void, UPS went silent since the initial status update 2 days ago ...😥

hope for the best🙂, in my country UPS is (best) known for "delivery without delivery"...---...

Edited by Robse
  • Sad 1

Just now, Robse said:

hope for the best🙂, in my country UPS is (best) known for "delivery without delivery"...---...

Ahh it'll be fine. Just in transit. It'll update, and you'll get it. With these kinds of things and because of the value there are a lot of security checks, etc. If it goes missing someone is fired and charges are filed. 

Hang in there, it'll come! 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, HEC said:

Looking at the picture of sheared bolts in below post it's definitely not a flathead bolt and the countersink angle looks like less than 90°

From ewheels , the bolts they are using. Also listed in v13 "useful information " thread

Hec is right, i missed it earlier. @conecones

V13-proposed-axle-bolts.png

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
forgot to include conecones
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Ahh it'll be fine. Just in transit. It'll update, and you'll get it. With these kinds of things and because of the value there are a lot of security checks, etc. If it goes missing someone is fired and charges are filed. 

Hang in there, it'll come! 

Yeah, it will show up (eventually) but in what shape. I had multiple bad delivery experiences with both UPS and DHL, with one delivery "failed" 5 times in a row despite me standing in front of the house just to see the delivery van to pass by without even slowing down and delivery status changing to recipient not home. When I finally got the parcel, if was FUBAR, with expensive item (large air conditioner unit) inside damaged. It's a f**king lottery here with uncertain results and every time something expensive is on the way I hope for the best ...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Reposting of video for loading V13.

Isn't the whole point of having large EUC like V13 to not use the car in a first place? 😉

At least the first one is Tesla...

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HEC said:

Isn't the whole point of having large EUC like V13 to not use the car in a first place? 😉

Sometimes there's too much road, or the wrong kind of road between you and where you want to ride ! I have a country park 20 miles from me for example. Sure, I can ride there from home if I want a big long all-morning type session, but if weather is looking like it might go changable, or I want a shorter ride without all the town centre hassle I must cross on the way, sometimes it is just easier to ramp it into the car, and go straight to the fun bits :)

• Like 2