Mango

39 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Marty rides up Mt. Wilson:

Aah the holotype hill ride :) Amazing weather and views, great commentary, interesting terrain, and V13 truckin' away nicely there... kinda making me wish I had one - I think the Master would be struggling with the rough bits in a way that it...isn't ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, novazeus said:

does the v13 cut off when it falls over like the king song wheels do, or does it go into full on mode before cutting off?

It depends. Under normal circumstances it should cut off once the threshold angle is reached (and it does for all other of my Inmotion wheels), but some users are reporting V13 spinning out fully prior cutting off in some situations. Unsure if that's a bug or some specific combination of factors and / or settings (like acceleration or breaking assistance). I'll definitely explore this deeper once my V13 will resurface from ongoing UPS' void ... (6 days and counting, UPS customers service being useless and pinging me back to shipper / reseller, while reseller ponging me back to UPS, and CC company already requesting copies of all communications, as I've tagged the payment for it as not delivered). As the old add goes, "Priceless!".

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, eevees said:

Thanks for sharing! We've been working on this one for a while now. 

Every small quality improvement in the EUC world is a welcomed sign. Really nice job 👍.  Fun :popcorn:  ny.   :laughbounce2:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

@novazeus When mine falls it says be careful and that’s it.  Nothing happens.

IM wheels typically shut down (they don't spin up to full speed and then shut down), and the "be careful" prompt comes after the motor stops... when it's most helpful. If yours spins up before shutting down, something may be borked.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

IM wheels typically shut down (they don't spin up to full speed and then shut down), and the "be careful" prompt comes after the motor stops... when it's most helpful. If yours spins up before shutting down, something may be borked.

i was concerned because of this video around 44 minutes. 

• Like 1

Speed reported on EUC world might not to be linked to revolutions of the wheel.

KS 18XL.

Turn on wheel, turn on EUC world and connect to wheel.

Have the voice prompt that reads out every minute: phone charge level, and wheel speed.

Turn off the wheel, place into car, start driving.

The voice prompt reads out the speed of the car every minute.......the EUC is turned off, the wheel is not rotating.

Therefore, size of time, tyre....might have no effect on EUC speed/distance measurement.

Just now, Paul A said:

Speed reported on EUC world might not to be linked to revolutions of the wheel.

EUC World is aware of both wheel self-reported speed as well as GPS speed; if you record the data you get both items recorded for reference

I'm pretty sure you can even configure EUC world to report on whichever you prefer, and if you want factor in an offset of wheel reported speed so that it is recorded as closer to gps speed; pretty powerful app

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

GPS speed

The bizarre thing is, there is no SIM card in the phone, and it is in flight mode.

Phone is only used to make BT connection to EUC, to play music, and connect EUC world app at the end of ride.

Don't know how phone is able to measure speed, when it is not connected to mobile phone coverage.

Try it yourself, and see if it does the same for another make/model EUC.

Edited by Paul A
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

You are confusing gps with agps. agps uses cell tower location to assist regular gps, and does require communication with the cell towers

Exactly. AGPS is actually able to do work through triangulation and can assist in getting a GPS lock faster when enabled. The only thing you are giving up when NOT using it is a faster GPS lock and temporary GPS signal loss scenarios recovery. (IE: going under a bridge, cloud coverages, etc.) It should still work just fine after a lock is made. You may experience GPS signal loss in a more pronounced way, but provided you have good visibility to the sky, you should be fine.

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

being able to communicate to your wheel with bluetooth while the phone is in airplane mode

Airplane mode is turned on all the time for this phone dedicated to just for the EUC.

Have found that a mobile phone seems to cause (radiation burns?) pain to the body where a mobile phone (connected to the network) is located.i

Airplane mode does connect and communicate with the wheel. 

Try it for yourself and see if it works as well for another make/model.

If GPS is not dependent on mobile phone coverage.......then people lost in the wilderness should be able to be located via their phone then?

British actor Julian Sands lost in the Californian mountains in particular.

Edited by Paul A