Mango

3 hours ago, dadiechez said:

The stand works great. Just pull it back from the wall a bit, and be sure to tip it forward when you power it off. It will rest comfortably at the shown angle. 😉

PXL_20230212_022130754.jpg

Nice! So setting the tilting ramp part at last fixing hole does the trick. I'll still try it though in "reverse" with kickstand facing the vertical post. 

• Like 1

This Forum behaves very strangely. I press on a notification from 4 hours ago and it sends me back to page 135 and this is page 141. It is true I don’t come that often now on the Forum, but still it is strange. It did the same thing yesterday as well, it would send me to the same page. Now everyone wants to steal your time, nobody cares about passing meaningful information. Just look at TikTok and others, mostly a pile of junk meant to attract our easy to impress childish attention. 

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, novazeus said:

i'm more excited about getting this tire than i am about getting the v13. i think the smaller diameter will affect handling in a positive way.

I'd be interested in hearing about your findings. It is interesting about tires because small changes can be felt by adept riders or last least people claim such. I know in my case (and I don't consider myself a great rider) I can feel when I have a tire pressure issue that is off by just a few PSI. A few weeks ago I had a tire too low from a long period of non use and the handling was accident inducing. I got to one of my truck tire local shops where it was a bit over inflated and then I felt like I was rolling on a thin rail until I decreased the PSI.

I keep a tire gauge in a pocket but I had so many layers on that I thought I left it home until I did a better inspection of what I was wearing. Anyway there is definitely a Goldilocks Zone for PSI.

Edited by Roadpower
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Roadpower said:

It could be a number of issues including coding bugs. You could try to adjust Content View Behavior under Settings. It may be affected by what the display count is set at as on some forum engines. It might even be affected by ad blocking or which browser you're using. There are a ton of variables that can play with how things appear.

Hey, it’s magic, man!   :shock2:   :laughbounce2:   It stopped sending me back. WOW !!  :whistling:

Edited by Paul g
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, i did see that before. I honestly think that plug should be sealed around the base up against the board. It's the tail light board and it's pretty exposed as you can see sand granules on it. Looks like they sealed the end of the plug but not the base. Definitely sealing that when i get my wheel. They sealed the caps and coil next to it. The pins look ok but salt water across them wouldn't be good. Upright drying is a good call.

v13-tail-light-board.jpg

The problem is that even when we'll seal the base of the socket, the whole plug is not weather proofed. They should have used better plugs (like the ones below). I wonder if sealing the bottom of the socket with hot glue and then wrapping the whole socket with plug in it by several winds of electrical tape would be sufficient (definitely better than nothing though). Or perhaps using heat shrink tube instead. Yes, you'd need to cut it out in case of replacement but hopefully not too often.

Inmotion should have used some rubber sleeve cover. I was also thinking of possibly printing one from TPU.

361caa61-3e60-4173-a683-d6af62457aea.jpg.webp

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Josiah said:

@HEC

Any update on your wheel? 

Here’s my progress so far.  https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Mi5YP5dQPO0

No update since Friday's "delay" message, still somewhere in the UPS' void. Which is kinda messing up with my schedule as I need to know which day to stay home from work, plus I can't on Wednesday and Thursday as I have scheduled meetings already. 

And, good progress in 2 days. You'll be zooming around in no time.

2 hours ago, HEC said:

The problem is that even when we'll seal the base of the socket, the whole plug is not weather proofed.

I agree, i have also ordered some dielectric grease. I was going to seal the base and hot glue sounds like a great idea, then i was going to unplug the plug and fill the socket with the grease and plug it back in. What do you think? I'm guessing it's low voltage and the pins looked like aluminum or stainless. I'm not sure where the green oxidation came from i didn't see copper.

7 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I agree, i have also ordered some dielectric grease. I was going to seal the base and hot glue sounds like a great idea, then i was going to unplug the plug and fill the socket with the grease and plug it back in. What do you think? I'm guessing it's low voltage and the pins looked like aluminum or stainless. I'm not sure where the green oxidation came from i didn't see copper.

I have no experience with using dielectric grease, so can't really advise here. The voltage is low, current too (battery plugs are separated) but I'd still hesitate to use grease there. The oxidation might be coming from copper in the circuit board, which would make it even more concerning. 

2 hours ago, Josiah said:

progress

Nice progress, extremely fast learning.

Figure eights.

An easy, controlled way to make tight turns.....is to simply lift one foot, making the wheel tilt. 

Arms will not flail, or be outstretched, kept by the sides.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HEC said:

No update since Friday's "delay" message, still somewhere in the UPS' void. Which is kinda messing up with my schedule as I need to know which day to stay home from work, plus I can't on Wednesday and Thursday as I have scheduled meetings already. 

And, good progress in 2 days. You'll be zooming around in no time.

I saw an option to pickup from the terminal rather than have it delivered.  That was FedEx.  Maybe UPS has the same option.  So you don’t have to take a day off work.  

6 hours ago, Josiah said:

I saw an option to pickup from the terminal rather than have it delivered.  That was FedEx.  Maybe UPS has the same option.  So you don’t have to take a day off work.  

Not an option for me (at least not until I'll have my "EUC" trailer in month or two, need to have my CC to recover a bit from V13 purchase). I have no car and large parcel depot is too far away for me to go to collect it myself. Plus every time the delivery "fails" or is rescheduled, the chances of parcel being thrown around resulting in damage increases. Smaller parcels can be easily redirected to nearby service point, but there is size / weight limit. Also, I don't need to take day off, just work from home, but I have limited amount of days to do so.

Edited by HEC

On 1/13/2023 at 3:43 PM, SquallLHeart said:

Hello folks! been a long time coming, but I suppose I should chime in..

My name is Trung and was one of the beta testers for the V13. I worked with ClarkPads on the set and that is my wheel pictured in the photos. 
I approached ClarkPads because the official InMotion seat at the time was unavailable for purchase, as well as the orange metal parts of mine were already getting scratched from using it as a kickstand. I wanted a little more protection up front, and was focused on the seat primarily.

I will say the seat met my expectations and the softness of the seat has so far surpassed any personal DIY foam padding I was using initially. Laying the wheel down on the front is at least the best way at the moment until InMotion releases their own or another aftermarket option. Laying the wheel backwards on its rear just using the metal frame does squish the mudguard a bit and I didn't want that.

As far as the 80/90-16 Michelin Street Pilot 2 is concerned, I am experiencing a 15% error due to the smaller tire. I will hit the 55mph tiltback while GPS shows 48mph. It was expected. Performance on the road is magnificent as expected as well.. I will also note that the stock knobby the V13 comes with is still a great tire and I would suggest people try it out before switching to another one.. it is still carvy with no tracking that I felt.. similar to how the Kenda feels on the Sherman. Main difference in feel is I do get a little more torque and acceleration from the smaller tire, and it's a lot quieter.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Hey Trung, I'm all about the Michelin Street Pilot 2 for the V13.  Do you know if Inmotion would be able to fix the tiltback issue with firmware?  I would think they could put an option of specific tires are being used on the wheel as an option.  

35 minutes ago, Wraith Rider said:

I would think they could put an option of specific tires are being used on the wheel as an option.  

I can see now people using the stock tire but specifying a smaller tire size to try and hit 60mph

Maybe a automatic gps calibration? I.e. it runs GPS and determined the wheel speed and automatically adjusts the speed. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Eyss said:

I can see now people using the stock tire but specifying a smaller tire size to try and hit 60mph

Wouldn't that only work if they were using a larger tire? A small tire is going to need to spin more to match the speed of a larger tire. This would mean a small tire would limit your speed even further, not increase it.

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

Wouldn't that only work if they were using a larger tire? A small tire is going to need to spin more to match the speed of a larger tire. This would mean a small tire would limit your speed even further, not increase it.

What @Eyssmeant I believe is that if Inmotion would allow to set the tire size in the app or wheel settings to adjust for speed discrepancies, some users would intentionally set the tire size smaller (while having actually installed stock or some other larger tire), which would result in wheel calculating slower speed than actual, thus allowing higher maximum speed. 

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@2disbetteris right. The speed limit will always be measured in rpm (unless the manufacturer is unprecedentedly incompetent). Tire size would only be used to compute the speed, but not change it in reality. It would just display wrong.

Only real world tire size determines the top speed. You'd need a bigger tire for more speed, and a smaller tire will reduce your top speed. Doesn't matter what the wheel thinks the tire size is.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

@2disbetteris right. The speed limit will always be measured in rpm (unless the manufacturer is unprecedentedly incompetent). Tire size would only be used to compute the speed, but not change it in reality. It would just display wrong.

Only real world tire size determines the top speed. You'd need a bigger tire for more speed, and a smaller tire will reduce your top speed. Doesn't matter what the wheel thinks the tire size is.

Yes, but see my post above yours ...

8 hours ago, Wraith Rider said:

Main difference in feel is I do get a little more torque and acceleration from the smaller tire, and it's a lot quieter.

that's what i was aimimg for. plus not acorn picker upper on my road.

• Like 1