Mango

4 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

It's on and balancing in this photo, it will flop so you'll need to park the stand forward on a wall for it to lean to. 

PXL_20230211_181111072.jpg

Thanks for the clarification.

If you extend the vertical arm of the stand to the highest point, and set the pin for the lever part to the furthest out setting, is it possible for the wheel to stand at least semi-upright in the stand by itself without a wall nearby?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

If you extend the vertical arm of the stand to the highest point, and set the pin for the lever part to the furthest out setting, is it possible for the wheel to stand at least semi-upright in the stand by itself without a wall nearby?

Negative, not even close this wheel is extraordinary tall. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

Yes up to date firmware, same reading in the app. Something to note my trolley will not latch closed fully with the seat on I think the molding must be off. 

PXL_20230210_153801383.jpg

What a beauty (both V13 and kitty)! I see you have all the same accessories I've got already (seat, kickstand and parking stand) plus velcro, I just miss the V13 itself (still stuck in UPS' void...).

Regarding the seat, have you tried to remove from the wheel and slide it on unfolded trolley handle and then fold it down?

Also, for the parking in the stand, have you tried to park it in "reverse" to see if the kickstand would lean against the front vertical beam, thus not requiring leaning against the wall? TA

Edited by HEC

2 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Thanks for the warning, I may need to rethink my parking situation!

In the same boat here. I hope it might be possible to park the V13 in "reverse" with kickstand leaning against the vertical arm. Worst case scenario I'll look into some attachment for the arm to allow that. Alternatively, you can just insert piece of stick or similar in the front vertical arm and have the front cage of V13 lean against it.

Edited by HEC

33 minutes ago, HEC said:

In the same boat here. I hope it might be possible to park the V13 in "reverse" with kickstand leaning against the vertical arm. Worst case scenario I'll look into some attachment for the arm to allow that. 

The stand is ideal, but the wheel is very stable on it's front, and takes up arguably the same foot print like that. So worst case scenario you always have that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 2disbetter said:

The stand is ideal, but the wheel is very stable on it's front, and takes up arguably the same foot print like that. So worst case scenario you always have that. 

Yeah, but the access to charging ports is less than ideal when leaning on the kickstand or rear cage. Plus I prefer to park the wheels at home as close to vertical position as possible to allow for better water egress. At work I'd need to use kickstand stand, the same way as with V12-HT. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HEC said:

Yeah, but the access to charging ports is less than ideal when leaning on the kickstand or rear cage. Plus I prefer to park the wheels at home as close to vertical position as possible to allow for better water egress. At work I'd need to use kickstand stand, the same way as with V12-HT. 

Fair enough, but if the wheel is facedown sitting on the frame the charge ports are literally facing up towards the sky. Super easy access. 

44 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Fair enough, but if the wheel is facedown sitting on the frame the charge ports are literally facing up towards the sky. Super easy access. 

I known but I don't want to lean it on front (or rear) cage, both to prevent scratches as well as to allow water egress as already mentioned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Alternatively, you can just insert piece of stick or similar in the front vertical arm and have the front cage of V13 lean against it.

That is what I was going to suggest, that vertical tube is perfect for putting another tube or pipe in with a V at the top to catch the orange hand grab. Looks like a pretty easy mod. Or if you want to get slightly fancier you can cantilever over a catching hook from the topmost part of an extension tube/pipe.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Remember it's IP55 it can take a low water jet from any direction.

Water jet rating != resistance to pooling liquids or stuck snow. I'd like to prevent moist and salt damage, albeit it unfortunately happens even when parked upright (from Eco-Dritf tear down):

pokatalis-na-monokolese-inmotion-v13-3.jpg

pokatalis-na-monokolese-inmotion-v13-5.jpg

• Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, HEC said:

when parked upright (from Eco-Dritf tear down):

Yeah, i did see that before. I honestly think that plug should be sealed around the base up against the board. It's the tail light board and it's pretty exposed as you can see sand granules on it. Looks like they sealed the end of the plug but not the base. Definitely sealing that when i get my wheel. They sealed the caps and coil next to it. The pins look ok but salt water across them wouldn't be good. Upright drying is a good call.

v13-tail-light-board.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

just had a long conversation with the owner, jacob, very nice guy and very informative. made sense.

i ordered one from him and he's gonna put the michelin pilot street 2 on it for me. i am a tire nerd to the max. the stock knobby on the v13 looks great as well, but for this wheel i wanted a street tire.

51D7C7F0-9F2A-466A-9D1C-BE577986EB34.thumb.jpeg.262e0fa31c76a842e237606edd659e82.jpeg

Oh, I like that one.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Roadpower said:

Oh, I like that one.

i know, right! i ordered one for my s18 as well. i discovered today my pos jiluer tire isn't running perfectly true, which is also annoying. but screw it, i'll put on this great looking tire instead. 

jacob has been running this tire on his v13 and loves it.

generally speaking, if these tires were able to run tubeless, that means they are stronger tires as well. but he's putting the tube back in. if my s18 tire swap doesn't kill me, i'll probably change out the s22 as well. the knobby is fine now on the s22 after sanding off the center nub but picking up acorns and them scraping against the fender is aggravating. 

Product Details

Want to improve the durability and stability of your EUC with some new shoes? Choose Michelin for the best experience on the road with the Pilot street II for high-speed cruising and cornering capability.

Compatibility for the 80/90-14 - EXN, RS, EX2, Commander, HERO, S22, Master, Sherman ,Sherman Max, V11, S18

Compatibility for the 80/90/-16 - V13

NOTE:

Most of these tire options are designed for motorcycle use. While they are well tested to work fine for Electric unicycles, some rim types may not be ideal for a tubeless tire. In order to make your conversion tubeless you must install a tubeless valve stem or re-use the tube in your EUC. We were the first US dealer (reported) to test the INMOTION V13 with the pilot street 2 with great success and improved the handling completely for on road experience.

Edited by novazeus
added stuff
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Just remember that the 80/90 pilot 2 makes the speedo read 15% off since it's slightly smaller than the stock tire. Gratz on your purchase.

haha great! i'll get bragging rights to the ignorant people on tire diameter/speedometer error. 

Downsizing, or installing a shorter tire, will cause the speedometer to read a faster speed than you are actually driving. This is because the smaller tire will have a smaller circumference, causing the tire to travel less distance per rotation than the original equipment tire.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, HEC said:

Perhaps HSIANG need a bit of "incentive":

It seems to be a common scenario - his was the video I posted. I'm guessing you know this though. Here's another one, done on an empty road at night time - you can see it takes him quite a while (and distance) to get there. He doesn't seem scared, just smart. Dawn's run - dead straight, great surface, nothing on track - she's all alone. Kuji Rolls, huge open empty road at night time.

Edited by Uras

27 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I'm going to run the Michelin Pilot Street 2 as well but on my Sherman S. I currently have the Pilot Steet 1 on my V11 and I love it. I'm going to be installing some type of MC street tire on any wheel I buy going forward.

i'm more excited about getting this tire than i am about getting the v13. i think the smaller diameter will affect handling in a positive way.

• Like 3