Mango

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

without realizing the ramp alternative.

Oh yeah - dog ramps FTW. between that and suspension my back and knees have never thanked me so much !

I have only had to lift my wheel anywhere once, and that was on delivery where the truck was too big to make it up the drive and the delivery driver's trolley was broken, as were both our backs and spirits shortly afterwards ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

Some might actually try to lift a heavy EUC into a car, without realizing the ramp alternative.

Yeah, I like the nice foldable doggy ramp, though it only works for cars with boot floor flush with the edge. For other cars or people who put their wheel behind the front seats it's still a bit of lifting exercise. 

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh yeah - dog ramps FTW. between that and suspension my back and knees have never thanked me so much !

Absolutely! Not long after upgrading from V8 to V12-HT I got this to deal with short staircase, as my back was killing me carrying the new heavy wheel several times a day up and down (and the stairs are just steep enough to make rolling the V12 up or down the stairs fairly uncomfortable too):

41-066_xl_1.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Marty, Roger, Dawn, etc....drive to the base of Mt Baldy for their mountain rides.

Not to divert anything... but speaking of Mount Baldy, Julian Sands is still missing a month later. I guess if you're going up there, stick to the roads ! I find it slightly surreal that all these wheels go routinely to the top of that area possibly just a few miles away from where other people are having horrible life and death struggles doing it on foot. They've had 14 rescues on the go on that mountain in the last month !

Edited by Cerbera

Just now, Roadpower said:

That probably means that it is on a train, if it is coming from the other side of the country

It's in another country within the continent (about half day travel by truck), physically being received by UPS this Wednesday. It will arrive to main DHL depot nearby and then to local one here. Currently no delivery date is listed yet, so sometimes mid next week hopefully. My initial estimate way back was mid January to mid February, so it will be still within the range. On the positive side, all the accessories ordered way after the V13 already arrived, sitting here ready to be installed / used.

• Like 2

*Sigh!*

So the tracking status just changed to "! Delay" with "i We're sorry for the inconvenience.  If you are the sender, please check with the receiver to confirm delivery.  Otherwise,  you may start a claim to provide a resolution. "

WTF??

Did they "lost" it, broke it, did it burn down or what?

Edited by HEC
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, HEC said:

*Sigh!*

So the tracking status just changed to "! Delay" with "i We're sorry for the inconvenience.  If you are the sender, please check with the receiver to confirm delivery.  Otherwise,  you may start a claim to provide a resolution. "

WTF??

Did they "lost" it, broke it, did it burn down or what?

I’m without words.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I’m without words.

Efing UPS requires login to file claims (or even perform advanced tracking) and, of course, when I try to reset the password, I get:

>Error

>We're sorry, the application encountered an error during processing. 

Plus, you need to provide BOTH username and email address to be even able to attempt password reset. Well done UPS for being user "friendly". 

Edited by HEC

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Sounds like @Cerbera had the same message and things ended up working out ok. After a big headache  and extra long wait.

I had the "Delay" status several times before with other deliveries, usually due to weather conditions, but this is the first time the "you may start a claim to provide a resolution" bit showed up there, which worries me a bit ... I don't mind the delay, as long as it will eventually show up in one piece. 

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

I had the "Delay" status several times before with other deliveries, usually due to weather conditions, but this is the first time the "you may start a claim to provide a resolution" bit showed up there, which worries me a bit ... I don't mind the delay, as long as it will eventually show up in one piece. 

Did you contact the vendor already?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Did you contact the vendor already?

Yes, I did, but no response yet. I need also to ask them about the replacement motor bolts, but I'll leave that until the wheel is safely here (or confirmed lost in 5th dimension). Did you opt with eWheels to swap the bolts yourself? If yes, would you mind providing a detailed pictures of both the original as well as replacement bolts for my reference (indeed once you'll decide to swap those)? Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, HEC said:

Yes, I did, but no response yet. I need also to ask them about the replacement motor bolts, but I'll leave that until the wheel is safely here (or confirmed lost in 5th dimension). Did you opt with eWheels to swap the bolts yourself? If yes, would you mind providing a detailed pictures of both the original as well as replacement bolts for my reference (indeed once you'll decide to swap those)? Thanks. 

I opted out.  So far haven’t seen the bolts yet.  I was thinking to ask for them when I place a new tire order or a fast charger or whatever from ewheels.

Edited by Josiah

5 minutes ago, HEC said:

Frankly, 50 Km/h is plenty fast for me, I doubt I'd ever go faster than that, definitely not 50 mph. 

I know what you mean. I have yet to reach any of the speeds my Master is famed for. Even 40 kph feels ludicrously fast at the moment, and I have trouble finding places to even do that for very long ! I am very jealous of all you US guys and your miles and miles of unpopulated but surprisingly well-maintained roads next to breath-taking vistas and your freedom to use them ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1