Mango

i love the look of the knobby on the v13, much better than the knobby on the s22(fixed now after burning off a couple mm of rubber from the center nubs)

but if i'm gonna wait for the axle bolt fix and whatever else shows up in batch 1 and 2, i might as well get a street tire and hopefully inmotion will pick a rounded, symetrical profile. be nice not picking up acorns scraping against the fender. the s18 with it's tight fender arrangement picks up stuff with it's street tire and makes a terrible sound.

hopefully inmotion will have a batch 3 soon with all the fixes completed at their factory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Folks gave DawnC a difficult time for her speed run video… there’s miles of clear space here!

402-D22-B6-5-A0-C-4-A65-B799-5-ADCB998-B

that looks great!

however, just finished my practice today and a raccoon decided he needed to cross the road as i came speeding down the road.

the raccoon and i managed to avoid collision, but i worry about deer nestled under the trees. i have biker friends that got taken out by a deer in oregon. broken bones but nobody died. going 55 on a wheel and a feral hog or deer could really mess up ur day.

• Sad 1

@novazeus I’ve come really close a number of times to hitting rabbits. They all seem to have some sort of death wish and dash out across the paths zig zagging back and forth tempting fate. I often ring a bell while riding through known rabbit areas. 
🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@novazeus I’ve come really close a number of times to hitting rabbits. They all seem to have some sort of death wish and dash out across the paths zig zagging back and forth tempting fate. I often ring a bell while riding through known rabbit areas. 
🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰🕳️🐰

I deal with rabbits infestation on daily (or better say nightly) basis. They run all across the bicycle lanes here all the time, especially at night / in dark.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Why wasn't Dawn's speed test conducted on a highway/freeway where 90kph is permitted?

Because it would be too dangerous?

Because it would be acceptable to endanger others, but be safer for the rider?

Dawn was a skilled motorcycle racer.

She was unwilling to ride amongst cars, on roads that are designed for and permit the high speeds?

An EUC, 90kph....for headroom?

Seems pointless.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Overhead and safety, it's the reason most cars can easily hit 120 mph even though most top speeds on highways are 60-80mph. Only difference is if a car cuts out you'll likely not even get injured because you can coast to the side. When an EUC cuts out at a high speed big ouchy ouchy happens

headroom yes, but people are already wanting to hack the firmware to make it go faster than 55mph. makes no sense.

• Like 2

As I ride my Sherman S I realise that I probably will never spend as much as 1% of my riding time above 70kph. Most of my riding will be at 15-60kph because around city the roads are zoned at 50kph and the paths are suitable for slower speeds than that. My longest ride so far has been just over 100km and I got back home with 36% battery left, I was blasting along as fast as I wanted to for that entire ride.

With the Inmotion V13 I don't think that I could have managed 100km at the speeds I was riding and there were tight U-bend corners that would have been harder for that wheel to handle. I think that the V13 is more suitable to riders that spend more time >70kph than I do, but don't cover long distances on their rides. At the higher speeds where the V13 is a better wheel, the range is going to be poor. So if you go for a fast 30-minute ride and want the best wheel for that - the V13 could be the best wheel.

Because I'd like to go further and don't need to go faster - the V13 just wouldn't work for some of what I would want to do. I do sometimes go out for a ride and get home after less than 50km of riding and the V13 would manage that, with an acceptable amount of remaining battery too - considering the speeds I normally ride at. So the V13 would definitely handle some of my riding days, just not all of them. In contrast, I don't think there has ever been a day riding for me where the Sherman S would not have been the right wheel for the job. Even potential riding that I'd like to do, I can't think of any where the Sherman S would not be up to the task, but some where the V13 wouldn't have the range. So I'd stick to what I've said from the start - if I could have any 3 wheels than maybe the 3rd could be the V13, but for my first & second wheels the V13 gets ruled out. Now to win the lottery so that I can afford to own 3 or more wheels . . . 

23 hours ago, GHOSTTE said:

Cheaper in the long run to apply preventative measures rather than have a bunch of angry customers with broken wheels and attempting to fix it then

that's a good guess, mine as well, having lived thru their v10f debacle,

but how long would it take for bob yan and jason, to make an announcement about the broken axle bolts, like:

"there's been a couple of wheels that have broken axle bolts. we have looked at this problem and our goal is safety first, so we are replacing these bolts with stronger ones just to be safe".

i mean it's their brand new release of this safest wheel ever, and crickets from bob and jason. if i hadn't seen the email jason sent somebody, i wouldn't even know. 

idk what it is about wheel vendors and wheel manufacturers being so sketchy! just communicate and don't hide!