Mango

2 minutes ago, Josiah said:

I opted out.  So far haven’t seen the bolts yet.  I was thinking to ask for them when I place a new tire order or a fast charger or whatever from ewheels.

Understood. They might just throw the bolts in the small envelope and post it separately. In regads of accessories, I definitely recommend to have spare tire and inner tube at hand. V13 charger is IMO fast enough for home or office use, much faster than V12 one. You'd need the faster one basically mainly for long group rides, and even there you're likely to trip the breakers with it. Plus, those are pretty pricey right now, I personally will wait for price drop for a few months. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I am very jealous of all you US guys and your miles and miles of unpopulated but surprisingly well-maintained roads next to breath-taking vistas and your freedom to use them ! :)

Come visit.  Borrow a wheel once your here.  And grass is always greener right?  I want to see the UK.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Screw the bolts mate - get out on it and starting having your long-awaited fun and excitement !!! Just maybe don't jump off shit til the bolts turn up !

Agreed, the truth is that everyone's heads exploded because one dude said they sheared while he was riding it. Then the company responsable claimed there was another case during testing. Honestly , i think they are both full of s#%& and everyone just overreacted.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Come visit.  Borrow a wheel once your here.  And grass is always greener right?  I want to see the UK.  

That would be great ! And I would love to have someone over here to ride with; it's partially why I keep my older wheels, but so far none of my friends are brave or foolhardy enough :) Ah well, all the fun for me alone then !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Agreed, the truth is that everyone's heads exploded because one dude said they sheared while he was riding it. Then the company responsable claimed there was another case during testing. Honestly , i think they are both full of s#%& and everyone just overreacted.

I do agree that motor bolts issue is being blown out of proportions (see the reddit post mentioned 2 pages back claiming dozens of reports), but I also believe that some bolts might eventually shear due to sub par quality. I personally will purchase (or try to get from my reseller) spare / replacement bolts, but I'll wait until I need to replace tire or notice the loose motor. I don't ride aggressively or off road, hardly ever even jump some small curbs. 98% of my riding is on smooth tarmac (bicycle lanes or side roads).

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Frankly, 50 Km/h is plenty fast for me, I doubt I'd ever go faster than that, definitely not 50 mph

and a more realistic speed (50km/h). It seems that you will need a fair bit of distance to reach 50mph

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Want to ride on a velodrome? This map shows all 28 of the UK's cycling facilities.

That would be great, if it wasn't the UK, where there will be some mega strict cycles-only policy ;) It's OK; whilst there aren't many places I can go blazing fast, there are absolutely loads where I can do more reasonable speeds, which can still be exciting... I certainly don't feel the need for speed all the time !

4 minutes ago, HEC said:

Or ... Top Gear airport track ... 🏁

Lols - that's in the next village across from where my mum lives !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

cycles-only policy

The indoor velodromes would be timber.  Staffed, open and close times, well maintained.

Might be OK with outdoor velodrome.  Likely all weather, concrete.

Probably 24/7 unlocked access.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HEC said:

*Sigh!*

So the tracking status just changed to "! Delay" with "i We're sorry for the inconvenience.  If you are the sender, please check with the receiver to confirm delivery.  Otherwise,  you may start a claim to provide a resolution. "

WTF??

Did they "lost" it, broke it, did it burn down or what?

I got this message too with my Sherman S delivery. After about 2 days, the message went away, and my wheel got delivered shortly after.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

My wheel is still on the water, getting here soon i think, not sure about the bolts and if that will delay things further. 

So far down under :) takes a while for everything

Yeah sucks that the boat went Sydney> Melbourne > Brisbane. Seems like the Sydney retailer has theirs and has sent them out. 

Should be in Brisbane port tomorrow from the sounds of it 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

My wheel came in couple days ago this thing is truly incredible, feels like I'm learning all over again though compared to my RS. Oh I am able to go 100% 126V! 

PXL_20230211_155203161.jpg

Nice, congratulations! Have you updated the firmware? How does the battery status look in the app?

29 minutes ago, HEC said:

Nice, congratulations! Have you updated the firmware? How does the battery status look in the app?

Yes up to date firmware, same reading in the app. Something to note my trolley will not latch closed fully with the seat on I think the molding must be off. 

PXL_20230210_153801383.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Lets Do Science said:

PXL_20230210_153801383.jpg

So I have to ask, I have this same stand but do not yet have my v13.

How is it able to hold the wheel upright like that? It looks like it's only touching the tire, so shouldn't the top of the wheel flop over?

With my v11 the arm that is in the left of the frame of your photo touches the wheel housing, but that doesn't appear to be the case here...

32 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

How is it able to hold the wheel upright like that? It looks like it's only touching the tire, so shouldn't the top of the wheel flop over?

It's on and balancing in this photo, it will flop so you'll need to park the stand forward on a wall for it to lean to. 

PXL_20230211_181111072.jpg

Edited by Lets Do Science
Photo
  • Like 2