Mango

31 minutes ago, SquallLHeart said:

I purchased a bunch of my own bolts using the specs that I was able to obtain.. and the torque specs are nothing special.. I used Google to find the torque specs for that size and grade bolt.. 😶

not really a secret magical number or anything.

how long did it take u to install new bolts?

what do u estimate in man hours it will take jason to unpacked, install new bolts, and repack the wheel for shipping?

i would guesstimate a worker doing two a day all setup to do the work. or 4 man hours per wheel.

if it is do easy to do, jason should immediately post a video of start to finish of exactly what to do if indeed these bolts do need replacing.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i would guesstimate a worker doing two a day all setup to do the work. or 4 man hours per wheel.

No way is this a 4 hour job. I bet under an hour per wheel. (maybe much less depending on how efficient they are)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rebeuc said:

No way is this a 4 hour job. I bet under an hour per wheel. (maybe much less depending on how efficient they are)

i hope jason or inmotion videos the entire process in real time so i can see the best way to do it.

i’ve never checked the axle bolts on anything i’ve ever bought. and i’ve bought lots of stuff in almost 69 years. never had a problem with axle bolts shearing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, SquallLHeart said:

and the torque specs are nothing special.. I used Google to find the torque specs for that size and grade bolt..

Well, torque is not a factor of the bolt only, it also depends on what the bolts screws into as well as any materials in between (including washers etc.) and the intended function of the specific fastener, hence why I'd prefer Inmotion to publish the details, especially as those bolts are likely to be removed upon tire swap (albeit it's not strictly necessary). Yes, we can make an educated guess, or even measure the torque required to loosen the factory installed bolts (and hope they were installed correctly and that used Loctite doesn't affect the results much), but having the correct value directly from manufacturer would make this easier. 

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HEC said:

3rd accessory arrived today, now just the V13 itself (and perhaps replacement motor bolts):

V13 Kickstand.jpg

In the same boat, getting all my accessories delivered but no EX30 till end of the month at the earliest :angry:

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, Paul A said:

The post was of a different path.

Might have been suggesting to use a desolate path.

Not suggesting as much as marveling at the existence of who knows how many miles of nicely paved absolutely empty path I discovered on the top of the levee that holds Lake Okeechobee (Duf's environs, Florida). It'd be an excellent venue for pure speed rippers to play.

• Like 2

Fun Short.  Looks like some b roll from Kuji’s V13 cover but not his channel.

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/w5lXTuAhvCQ

Also here’s another fun unboxing video with first impressions from Melbourne Australia.  He looks so happy with the new wheel.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0WsljczH4

Edited by Josiah

59 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Also here’s another fun unboxing video with first impressions from Melbourne Australia.  He looks so happy with the new wheel.

Cute video 🌝 In the comments he's been asked if the motor bolts have been changed and he replied that reseller is sending him replacement ones and recommends to avoid jumps until swapped. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, novazeus said:

i think jason might want to hire u if it only takes u 5 minutes.

exactly why i don't want someone else working on a brand new wheel.

i couldn't find the official inmotion how to check ur axle bolts one.

Thank you for this video! I was ignorant and used the wrong end of the dampener adjuster which unscrewed the retention bolt on the shock stock. I have been trying to figure out how I can thread it back on. Turns out, you need to depressurize the shock, remove it, extend it fully, and then with the wheel compressed push it in. Now you can start to thread it back on the shock. I'm going to tighten both of my shocks the same way. I FINALLY can get my shocks dialed in! 

After looking at the video closely, it looks like I don't need to remove the top cover to be able to do what I'm doing. I just need to remove the dampener shock as described above. I hope it goes that smoothly. I don't want to mess up my new wheel! 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Thank you for this video! I was ignorant and used the wrong end of the dampener adjuster which unscrewed the retention bolt on the shock stock. I have been trying to figure out how I can thread it back on. Turns out, you need to depressurize the shock, remove it, extend it fully, and then with the wheel compressed push it in. Now you can start to thread it back on the shock. I'm going to tighten both of my shocks the same way. I FINALLY can get my shocks dialed in! 

Hmm, this is just pure wild speculation on my part, but I almost wonder if the broken adjuster on the demo wheel that has been going around was caused by someone making that same mistake and trying to force it back in to place without doing the depressurize procedure you describe?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Hmm, this is just pure wild speculation on my part, but I almost wonder if the broken adjuster on the demo wheel that has been going around was caused by someone making that same mistake and trying to force it back in to place without doing the depressurize procedure you describe?

No, it was broken by turning it around too much. It was mentioned here earlier together with link to PSA YT video explaining how exactly it happened:

Edited by HEC

39 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

I sure hope not, otherwise this could mean mine is broken as well. 

26 minutes ago, HEC said:

No, it was broken by turning it around too much. It was mentioned here earlier together with link to PSA YT video explaining how exactly it happened. 

So there is a limit to how far they can be turned? I wish someone would define how you can get the shocks back in sync, when you accidentally turn one more than the other. 

1 hour ago, 2disbetter said:

So there is a limit to how far they can be turned? I wish someone would define how you can get the shocks back in sync, when you accidentally turn one more than the other. 

Kinda, it's more about the extension hexagonal bit having weak point and snapping off when repeatedly turned past the high resistance section. See the post below (it took me a while to find it in this megatopic, hence why it was missing originally from the previous reply):

Edited by HEC

Ok team, the fix I was talking about with my V13 suspension worked. Also it is possible to go to the end of any direction on the post. So the best way to reset them should you have turned them too much, is to go all the way right until it stops, don't over torque. Then you can turn them in sync. 

For the record, to remove the dampener you don't have to do anything other then loosen the botton bolt (also the top bolt, if like me, you didn't accidentally loosen it) and pull it gently out. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Aliexpress. Took 1 week to arrive. 

Ok, thanks! So having had mine for 2 weeks now, I find that I am not really wanting for a kickstand. I just put it down on the front handle and this seems to work. With the V12, I don't know, it just feels like the kickstand is holding a lot of weight, and so I don't like using it either. 

• Like 1