Mango

4 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

I saw nothing that was forcing me to apply the update.

I guess it depends on the specific update. With my V12-HT once the app detected the new update to address the possible imbalance between two battery packs, it displayed the message that maximum speed will be limited until update is applied. 

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

I like to promote the manufacturer for any product I use.

Same here, especially with Inmotion. Plus I found the Inmotion lettering on their wheels aesthetically pleasing, especially the new orange ones on V12-HT and V13, so while I'll be adding velcro to both of them for pads mounting, I'll explicitly aim to not cover any if the Inmotion logos. 

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

@GHOSTTE

51172C6C-F75A-4738-BBB4-DD31F8A6E468.thumb.jpeg.7a83ddebe44c32571a7cd504e7460f09.jpeg

EAA65E18-355F-4EC3-AB43-47142900410A.thumb.jpeg.b9e44284491602b7239da3c4b092fde5.jpeg

9291D492-DAFC-49CB-936F-9D34BC441B3A.thumb.jpeg.938cfe38cda98d685284a21c26937e38.jpeg

Velcro and pads will cover too but I’m sad that I’ll be covering the logo.  I like to promote the manufacturer for any product I use.

At least the wheel looks different from any other wheel so any onlookers who know about EUC’s will know it’s an InMotion wheel.

I have  new Grizzla pads but I'd rather take off the logos too, I want a clean non-flashy EUC

37 minutes ago, HEC said:

I'll explicitly aim to not cover any if the Inmotion logos. 

That’s a great idea. Do you know when you’re expecting your wheel? Mine should be here next week. (Although I’ve been saying next week since the week before Christmas LOL).  I’d like to see how you arrange the set up and would like to do the same, not covering  the logo, but it seems like the grizzla pads need more contact area and we would lose 50% of the braking pad Velcro.  Plus the pad itself would be over the lettering.

Edited by Josiah

Just now, Cerbera said:

My advice here would be to put the pads where they need to go, and logo be damned. Pad placement and security is important, and certainly moreso than displaying a logo that 99% of people you encounter won't have heard of...

But clout chasing!

• Like 1

Life is so tricky, there are trendsetters and clout chasers.  I guess there’s a little luck and timing involved in placement.  Maybe we all could give others a little break and let them do what they want to do. 

Edited by Josiah

30 minutes ago, Josiah said:

That’s a great idea. Do you know when you’re expecting your wheel? Mine should be here next week. (Although I’ve been saying next week since the week before Christmas LOL).  I’d like to see how you arrange the set up and would like to do the same, not covering  the logo, but it seems like the grizzla pads need more contact area and we would lose 50% of the braking pad Velcro.  Plus the pad itself would be over the lettering.

Well, way back I've mentioned that I expect mine sometimes between mid January and mid February, and with the latter approaching fast, I hope my estimate was not too much off. I don't have grizzla pads, for now I'll be using stock pads on V13 and installing also Inmotion pads on V12-HT (I have those for months but failed to put them on yet). I was actually even considering some hybrid from bot sets for V13, as stock pads seems a bit thin / shallow,  especially the bottom bits intended to lock your feet, so I might try to replace those with V12 pads. After some testing, I will decide if to print my own larger pads. And on V12-HT it's simple, just cut around the logo in the middle. Either way, I'll be sharing my results here once the V13 shows up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HEC said:

No, because calibration is not performed while resting on front handle / cage. Just having different tire (or even simply tire presure) would affect the angle too.

Are you sure it isn’t? Someone said it is. The V11 is calibrated when leaning on its integrated stand. And yes, a tire change does affect the position. But my V11 works well and stable after calibrating with a knobby C-186, so I wouldn’t worry.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

I am waiting on those exact pads to be delivered for my V13. I just got the classics for the V12, and they really opened the wheel up for me. I can ride the thing really slow now, and can turn on a dime. Love them! 

I have these both these pads too and they are pretty great. The price for the Flow's was pretty high IMO but I have no regrets about buying them.

20221201_213617.thumb.jpg.2391c6d177693343b816a92a77daa13b.jpg

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Are you sure it isn’t? Someone said it is. The V11 is calibrated when leaning on its integrated stand. And yes, a tire change does affect the position. But my V11 works well and stable after calibrating with a knobby C-186, so I wouldn’t worry.

I was just extrapolation from V12-HT calibration procedure, where the wheel need to be upright as per the instructions in the app. I'll see soon (hopefully in week or so) if that's the case for V13 as well.

40 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Considering switching my deposit over from the Commander Pro to the V13, it's up in the air if/when Extreme Bull will deliver a more polished machine after watching @eevees's tear down. Thoughts on the potential move?

It wouldn't be a bad move IMO. I became a big fan of the V13 after having ridden it. I would wait and see what the EX30 has to offer before making your decision. From what Bradley has said the EX30 looks promising in terms of build quality which I am excited to see the teardown of. We all know it will give you that great Begode performance they're known for and if they can nail the build of the EX30 then it could be a real winner in my books.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

IMO the EX30 is uggo, really don't like the look of it especially the seat so it's off the table for me

Edit: It's mostly uggo to me because of the blue padding monstrosity. If there are fairings put on it I'm sure it would be a lot more prettier

Edited by GHOSTTE
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

All I can say is that the quality is there. I think the price is justified. What you are also telling EUC manufacturers is that you demand better quality and safety. I think the wheel is excellent. 

Yeah it's between the V13 and the EX30 if the EX30 gets fairings to mount proper pads

9 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

If you want 80-100 miles out of a wheel then it's probably not for you

I'm sure that I can (even with my size and weight) squeeze 130 Km out of V13 with some conservative riding (I did 100 Km on V12-HT with some decent speed), on other hand that could easily drop to half once you'll have more "fun" riding it. Also, theoretically it have unlimited range ... if you don't mind to push / trolley it the rest of the way. 😏

Edited by HEC

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The headlight is super powerful

The V13's headlight is simply the best I've seen on any EUC so far, the brightness of the light and the shape of the beam are unmatched. I'm not sure why, but that was one of the most impressive features on the V13 I could remember.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

The V13 headlight is simply the best I've seen on any EUC so far, the brightness of the light and the shape of the beam pattern are unmatched. I'm not sure why, but that was one of the most impressive features of the wheel I can remember.

As I ride regularly at night / in poor light conditions, this is one of the important factors for me. Even the tail light is finally usable, though I'll be still using additional tail / brake light for extra safety (GACIRON W10-BS).

Edited by HEC

7 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

The V13 headlight is simply the best I've seen on any EUC so far, the brightness of the light and the shape of the beam pattern are unmatched. I'm not sure why, but that was one of the most impressive features of the wheel I can remember.

ain't that the truth. I'd like to have one!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HEC said:

Even the tail light is finally usable, though I'll be still using additional tail / brake light for extra safety.

This 100%. The rear light is there there but I feel InMotion could've made an improvement to it. At least you can mount all sorts of aftermarket lights on the back should you choose.

Edited by Clem604

My1st wheel is a v11 and the lights are fantastic on that. Be great if they are as good/better on the V13.

Tempted but as I ve only done c200km on the V11 need to get more miles under my belt before I upgrade but it will DEFINITELY be a V13 not some Begode when I do