Mango

6 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

That is a wheel stand from Clark Pads. 

Metal Wheel Stand – clarkpads

Good price, but shipping to Europe plus taxes will more than double it. Hence why ordered it from Aliexpress with free shipping and taxes included (stock in warehouse in Poland, arrived in 3 days). Would you happen to know any European sellers with good prices for this stand? Also, sorry for OT question: Are EUCs still not legal in Germany and if so, how much would you say it attracts attention of Police? Than you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HEC said:

Are EUCs still not legal in Germany and if so, how much would you say it attracts attention of Police? Than you.

No they're definitely not legal.  I try to avoid police and forest rangers as much as possible, in germany riding an EUC is technically a felony: it needs to be insured due to its speed capabilites, but cannot be insured by german insurers because there's no legal basis for insuring them.  So I'm violating the law for mandatory insurance by not being able to insure it in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, mlau said:

So I'm violating the law for mandatory insurance by not being able to insure it in the first place.

Well, that's the German bureaucracy... I hope EUCs will eventually become legal across whole (or at least most of) Europe. It would be great to attempt some long cross continental trip.

It's also sad, that such a new business opportunity is not tempting enough for German insurers to do something about it. I guess the market is so small it's not worth the hassle for them. But perhaps some small player on the market would be able to make their advantage. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mlau said:

it needs to be insured due to its speed capabilites, but cannot be insured by german insurers because there's no legal basis for insuring them.

Can you get a renters insurance that includes liability protection?

These bolts sheering off are an issue with tire swap correct?  I’d like to get the wheel sooner so I asked them to go ahead and ship it.  I can change the bolts later.  Any reason why I should not do this?  Just don’t want to wait any longer but not sure if this is a mistake. 

Edited by Josiah

1 minute ago, Josiah said:

These bolts sheering off are an issue with tire swap correct?  I’d like to get the wheel sooner so I asked them to go ahead and ship it.  I can change the bolts later.  Any reason why I should not do this?  Just can’t wait any longer but I don’t want to be making a big mistake.  

The first occurrence was on a wheel that had been disassembled by the user (I think it was the eevees or other retailer where they disassembled it on camera), so that one there was an argument the user could have done something to make the issue occur.

I haven't heard anything about this second occurrence other than the email from Jason at ewheels, so I don't know.

Either way, I'm glad this is getting figured out and we have the option of having the retailer handle it before the wheel comes out, or of getting it sooner.

I doubt you would be likely to experience the failure soon if you wanted to get some ride time in while waiting for the replacement part; I for one am lazy and would prefer the retailer to do the part swap!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

For me personally.  When the opportunity presents itself that those bolts come out in the first place, I’ll use the upgraded bolts with loctite.  But I don’t see the necessity to change them prophylactically.  
So cool that the guys at ewheels are giving the client the opportunity to make this call.  They are dedicated.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Josiah said:

For me personally.  When the opportunity presents itself that you need those bolts out in the first place, it would be good to use the upgraded bolts with loctite

I agree. When the bolt specs are posted I'll order some. 

When I change the tire out I'll replace them

Hopefully inmotion put out torque specs as well. 

• Upvote 2

I mean all the features are nice and a step above any previous model, but you need a lot of time and testing before you can make claims about being the safest or the most reliable wheel imo, especially in things produced by the hundreds and not the hundred thousands.

Edited by chanman

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

undoubtedly there will be more, if not remedied. 

I did not get this email, don't know why, but there's no way i'm gonna take apart a brand new wheel and i don't want somebody else doing it either. i'm out. if inmotion ever gets their shit together, i'll look again. the ks22 is working fine now. s18, just ok.

normally, as gentle as i am on wheels, this might not bother me, but jason saying his statement above, does really bother me. i don't want to be thinking of such things while riding.

• Confused 1