Mango

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

What's that about the original pedals breaking? (around the 6:10 mark); something about they had to put on the v12 pedals because the original v13 pedals broke?????

14 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

What's that about the original pedals breaking? (around the 6:10 mark); something about they had to put on the v12 pedals because the original v13 pedals broke?????

Yeah he dose say that the original ones broke.  That almost looks and sounds like Hsiang but I’m not sure.  If it was him any way he’s got an EUC accessories store with pedals so he’s covered. https://themosfet.com/

Edited by Josiah

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

something about they had to put on the v12 pedals because the original v13 pedals broke?????

Good news is the V12 pedals fit?

Bad news is the pedals are the same quality as the rest of the inmotion line up?

1 hour ago, Eyss said:

Bad news is the pedals are the same quality as the rest of the inmotion line up?

But if the V12 pedals fit then it should be possible to use after-market pedals that are designed to fit the V12 - like the NyloNove pedals I have on my V12HT, and many other pedals of course.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:34 PM, novazeus said:

i bet electric unicycles are illegal to operate in florida. instead of trying to get $20 extra from a sale, they sb over here lobbying so unicycles aren't completely banned, which it looks like they are, they just haven't noticed yet.

Electric personal assistive mobility devices; regulations.—

(1) An electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in s. 316.003, may be operated:
(a) On a road or street where the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or less.
(b) On a marked bicycle path.
(c) On any street or road where bicycles are permitted.
(d) At an intersection, to cross a road or street even if the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 25 miles per hour.
(e) On a sidewalk, if the person operating the device yields the right-of-way to pedestrians and gives an audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian.
(2) A valid driver license is not a prerequisite to operating an electric personal assistive mobility device.
(3) Electric personal assistive mobility devices need not be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02.
(4) A person who is under the age of 16 years may not operate, ride, or otherwise be propelled on an electric personal assistive mobility device unless the person wears a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted, that is fastened securely upon his or her head by a strap, and that meets the standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI Z Bicycle Helmet Standards), the standards of the Snell Memorial Foundation (1984 Standard for Protective Headgear for Use in Bicycling), or any other nationally recognized standards for bicycle helmets which are adopted by the department.
(5) A county or municipality may regulate the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road, street, sidewalk, or bicycle path under its jurisdiction if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that regulation is necessary in the interest of safety.
(6) The Department of Transportation may prohibit the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road under its jurisdiction if it determines that such a prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

24) ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICE.—Any self-balancing, two-nontandem-wheeled device, designed to transport only one person, with an electric propulsion system with average power of 750 watts (1 horsepower), the maximum speed of which, on a paved level surface when powered solely by such a propulsion system while being ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 miles per hour. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not vehicles as defined in this section.

I wonder who governments consult (if anyone) before making the regulations? I bet it is bicyclists. They have the most clout of the non-car transport segment at the moment, it seems. And they, as a whole, don't seem to love electric things, especially EUCs. Speed and power can't be separated, except by software AFAIK.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:32 PM, novazeus said:

it started a long long time ago.

50 years ago i began working at diebold. i put in lots of safety deposit boxes.

this new company came along with chinese safety deposit boxes at half the price of diebolds. and they worked and looked great. i mean they were kept behind a 7 ton vault door, so who cares how secure ur safery deposit box was. once u penetratedvault, a steel rod and sledgehammer is all u need to open the best of them. 

i admire china for being able to do what they do, 99.97% of the time, they have no problems, but their quality control absolutely sucks. 

like my s18 having a bad valve on the suspension. nobody checked that before boxing it up? 

close only counts in horsehoes.

i quit building houses because i'm the one stuck fixing all the crap.

i bought new appliances for my mother's old house and bought samsung top of the line. i couldn't figure out wtf water was leaking out after i installed it. samsung never connected the pump drainline. unbelievable. she had some wood flooring that got ruined because samsung are idiots.

germans are known for quality products and china is known for producing junk cheap.

we're in a throwaway society so china is a good fit.

after seeing the kickstand in action, i wouldn't put that on any wheel. i love the kickstand on the s22 and have learned how the trolley handle works well with it. 

that under the seat handle will hurt u however. i avoid it.

bottom line, if u stop buying china's stuff, u won't be buying anything, including prescription drugs. 

Friends of mine who have had products produced in China, and the CEOs of the camera companies, have all said that you can get excellent production done in China. It depends on what you are willing to pay for tooling, production staffing and QC. For instance, very high-quality lenses are made China, and they are expensive as @#$.

15 hours ago, mlau said:

Oh too bad. I was hoping for a kickstand that keeps the wheel way more upright, like a larger version of the V12 kickstand.  This thing is close to useless.

I also like to see EUCs sitting upright like that. It's hard to picture how a kickstand could be designed to not interfere when retracted and still reach the angle to keep a 22" wheel upright when needed.:D

The V12's kickstand works perfectly. The V11's was a POS. I removed it and made my own that lays it directly on it's back. Then I have one of those steel stands for it at home, which are really handy and clever. That's probably the best home stand solution.

Devil's advocate: The V13 IS capable of being parked without the additional kickstand. It just happens to be face-down like a drunk... :roflmao:Maybe InMotion considered that to be adequate? Considering how everyone hates the additional kickstand, it would've have been extra dumb to include it for free and then get crucified for it?

:confused1:

33 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Huh?!? I use those pedals on the V11 and V12. They are solid aluminum with a good dihedral angle. Adjustable steel nubs and closing friction. Durable. Don't hold dirt or water. What's wrong with them?

• Upvote 2

I agree with whoever said that if nothing better, you can just lay it down on its side, then it can't get knocked over on its side. Like with tools: lay em down on the floor and they can't get knocked onto the floor. Workshop Wisdom...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiMark said:

But if the V12 pedals fit then it should be possible to use after-market pedals that are designed to fit the V12 - like the NyloNove pedals I have on my V12HT, and many other pedals of course.

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. If the V12 pedals fit then we have all the choices from v11/V12 available to us. 

58 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Huh?!? I use those pedals on the V11 and V12. They are solid aluminum with a good dihedral angle. Adjustable steel nubs and closing friction. Durable. Don't hold dirt or water. What's wrong with them?

I'm talking about the stock inmotion pedals, not the honeycomb ones. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Eyss said:

Yeah sorry that's what I meant. If the V12 pedals fit then we have all the choices from v11/V12 available to us. 

Gotcha :D The stock ones do suck extremely. Glad I started after the days of grip tape. Blech.

2 minutes ago, Eyss said:

My V12HT stock pedals look really good, like they are still brand new . . . even like they have never been used . . . like you would think I took them off and put on the NyloNove pedals the day the wheel arrived. Yeah, I really have no idea of what the stock pedals would be like to actually use.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

People riding bicycles wear helmets and they don't go half the speed of the V13

I've cracked 80kmh (50mph) on an ancient mtb going down a hill on a fire trail - it had rim brakes and knobby tires. I can only imagine what those dudes with 1" tyres or less can do on their road bikes. 

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Uras said:

I've cracked 80kmh on an ancient mtb going down a hill on a fire trail. I can only imagine what those dudes with 1" tyres or less can do on their road bikes. 

That may be so, but in the urban environment, even the most racy types I have encountered in the wild, have never managed to get past me on my V12.

That is not to day a few cannot go fast. But the hills around here are not steep enough nor long enough for those few to go above 70 km/h for long. 

The most impressive cyclist I have encountered was one who went blazingly fast up a steep hill. I couldn't believe I had to lean a bit more to keep him at bay.

These guys are tremendously fit and toned. BTW, all these dudes were on super skinny tires.

But 99% of the riders I encounter don't cruise at 40+ km/h. There are too many intersections and hills. And most are commuters, so they are fit, but not 40+ km/h fit.

The racers can certainly, but those are few and far between. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have spent some time and effort getting the kickstand on mine up to a reasonable quality, but still encounter hardly any circumstances where I actually need one. There are always walls or trees nearby to lean these things against I find, and when stationary they take very little power, so I just tend to leave mine on and leaning against something... perhaps IM noticed a lot of people were doing that and felt their stand was indeed best left optional...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I have spent some time and effort getting the kickstand on mine up to a reasonable quality, but still encounter hardly any circumstances where I actually need one. There are always walls or trees nearby to lean these things against I find,

Of course you don't need one, but when you've got jump pads and pedals that don't fold up properly it gets annoying to lean them on something. 

Didn't think much of kickstands until I got my hero. Use it all the time now!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Eyss said:

Didn't think much of kickstands until I got my hero. Use it all the time now!

Fair enough - perhaps I would use mine more if it seemed more stable. And you are right, it has become slightly more awkward to lean my wheel since the Grizzla Flows (the back and front pads being slightly different out-jut amounts so it doesn't lean quite straight, but I do find the pads themselves are quite spongey / grippy and helpful with leaning up if you get the angle right ! Maybe I will give my stand another go...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

all these dudes were on super skinny tires.

What use are super skinny tires on MTBs? I would have guessed fatter/knobbier would be preferred.

Even in street racing, hasn't it been shown that super skinnys aren't faster than fatter tires? I believe I read that recently... (Not a cyclist.)

:confused1:

i'm certainly no expert, but what i do is find the neutral in my feet position first. between my parallel boards, standing naturally, i try to find the place on the pedals where it's not moving forwards or backwards, neutral.

then i make note of where they are and then position the pads.

i tried contoured pads the first time copying the pics of the s22. i moved the boomerangs as far forward as possible but that wasn't near far enough. had a terrible experience with pads. then @level9said i could move the pedals forward and i did and i also lowered the pedals. 

just put the pads back on with velcro this time, but i think they are in the neutral position now. originally i rode it without pads with no problems at all, but with this spiked pedals and the inability to shift ur feet once mounted, i can definitely see the need for foot placement guides when free mounting.

haven't tried the new setup yet, hopefully today i will.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Range comparison between the v13 and OG Sherman:

Conclusion/results start at around 55:20

around 58:10 he states it's about 25-30% difference (where the OG sherman had that much extra range per watt)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Dawn Champion claims the EBCP is faster

Yeah I'm talking about freewheel spin. Not much of a metric I know, but the V13 is one firmware change away from being the real fastest. That is what I mean, I guess. 

Edited by 2disbetter