Mango

9 hours ago, dangasaur said:

the V13, when I leaned forward to get a little speed I nearly fell off the front of the wheel.  When I leaned back to brake, I nearly fell off the back.  Caught me completely off guard.

Did you adjust any of the settings on the wheel prior to that initial test run? 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Josiah said:

Did you adjust any of the settings on the wheel prior to that initial test run? 

No adjustments, just activated the wheel and jumped on.  I've got the slider at 50% now but still haven't had enough time to really feel the difference that setting makes.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dangasaur said:

No adjustments, just activated the wheel and jumped on.  I've got the slider at 50% now but still haven't had enough time to really feel the difference that setting makes.

I personally prefer maximum hardness of the pedals, so I'm curious how much difference it makes on wheel of this size ...

9 minutes ago, HEC said:

I personally prefer maximum hardness of the pedals, so I'm curious how much difference it makes on wheel of this size ...

your feet will get fatigued much quicker from my experience.. i need a little softness to help with foot fatigue for long rides.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, SquallLHeart said:

your feet will get fatigued much quicker from my experience.. i need a little softness to help with foot fatigue for long rides.

I ride with maxed pedal hardness for over 7 years and can ride for several hours in one go with no pain. During longer rides I just relax one of the legs occasionally to relieve any tension. 

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, UPONIT said:

3) Set Pedal "Softness" to 100% and 4) Ride Mode to "Off-Road." You want the most response possible from a wheel which you might struggle to get moving at first.

After you can stay on more than a couple feet, maybe 5) Set your speed limit to the speed you feel safe falling at, in case you get a good launch and don't slow down well. 6) Set alarms a few mph less. 7) Probably don't set tiltback speed at first cause it will startle you and you'll fall if it happens.

Remember: The defaults are what the wheel's designers thought made the most sense for a beginner to use. It's in their interest for you to succeed. :D

That's my two cents. Good luck. What a fantastic wheel to own, even if it might be difficult to learn on! I'm a little jealous. lol.

there's no Off-Road mode for V13... and hard pedals isn't necessarily the best to be on for a beginner.. some softness can help offset minor issues and having it super responsive can be too much.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SquallLHeart said:

and hard pedals isn't necessarily the best to be on for a beginner

when I was learning to ride I had trouble getting the wheel to move when I was nearly stationary or stationary. I thought there was something wrong with the wheel's responsiveness. Now that I'm more experienced I can make it move. I would have found it easier to have more responsiveness when I was starting. It's not so long ago for me, so I still remember.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I found hard mode causes more foot pain when getting used to things, softer may ease the pain getting in tune with a bigger wheel. 

Eriderz here in Aus are also including the seat and stand which is a great bonus. ! super good service form a few resellers.

We have a boat to track now and probably around 9th feb. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

Eriderz here in Aus are also including the seat and stand which is a great bonus.

Yeah, i kind of mentioned that in an e-mail to Jason hoping for the same but I'm happy enough to get them at cost. Maybe him having to fly them in would be a massive loss if he gave them away. Business is business and you have to make money to survive. Cost is even gracious. Ewheels has had awesome customer service. They have always responded within minutes of a question i had. I don't know any other company that does that.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Yeah, i kind of mentioned that in an e-mail to Jason hoping for the same but I'm happy enough to get them at cost. Maybe him having to fly them in would be a massive loss if he gave them away. Business is business and you have to make money to survive. Cost is even gracious. Ewheels has had awesome customer service. They have always responded within minutes of a question i had. I don't know any other company that does that.

Agree, Jason has been great answering my questions on the Commander Pro. Amazing customer service.

my $2600 s22 amateur came with a pre-installed kickstand, and a seat i'll never use. for $4k i think inmotion should have at least tossed in the kickstand for free. 

oh well, a missed marketing opportunity that wouldn't have cost them squat. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I was not expecting the seat or stand, I’m sorry I didn’t want to make others feel bad and totally understand how other dealers cannot match it. I’m not even sure how eriderz can afford it.  I was just trying to shout out the store for great service. 

I hadn’t even considered the extras yet so it is a huge bonus. 

• Like 1

3/16" steel bent, some rubber bumpers, and some screws.

made in china in bulk. $5 delivered. 

should have been included for $4k. 

people have been complaining about it's cost.(the wheel)i don't have a problem with that, but charging for a kickstand that ur competitors are including. bad business. esp when ur cost is next to nothing.

B8639ED2-3451-4B11-910C-B8B293391BD2.thumb.webp.b695ee50a83602d95d89b94c551924a4.webp

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I was not expecting the seat or stand, I’m sorry I didn’t want to make others feel bad and totally understand how other dealers cannot match it. I’m not even sure how eriderz can afford it.  I was just trying to shout out the store for great service. 

I hadn’t even considered the extras yet so it is a huge bonus. 

it is actually. I just did the US to Au $ conversion US$4000 = Au $5593. E riderz are selling the v13 for Au$5700. 

We often pay a lot more than the US. I imagine it's scale of economy which makes shipping to US much cheaper and then number of sales that the much bigger US stores can get. The US is simply a bigger market. I really think that pricing is great for Au without the stand and seat tossed in.

Edited by Uras

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

OMG please don't apologize you did nothing wrong and I'm sorry if i made you feel like i was envious about you getting the stuff for free. Not one bit, what i said was true. I'm happy to get it at cost and also happy you can get it for free. I'm not a BS'er if i say something i mean it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uras said:

when I was learning to ride I had trouble getting the wheel to move when I was nearly stationary or stationary. I thought there was something wrong with the wheel's responsiveness. Now that I'm more experienced I can make it move. I would have found it easier to have more responsiveness when I was starting. It's not so long ago for me, so I still remember.

Which wheel was that, and which settings was it at?

The hardest ride mode tries to cancel out any attempt to accelerate as soon as it can. Besides a medium mode being more forgiving to small erroneous rider input, it helps in getting into a lean and to get the wheel to accelerate easier.

I don’t suppose you had the chance to actually compare different ride modes when starting out?

• Upvote 1