Mango

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yeah, inmotion can keep their "kickstand". 

i'm sure i come come up with something better than this.

what a joke!

Exactly. I imagine the first stair drop will end that piece.  It's funny how he rests it on the original "kickstand" to install the new one.:laughbounce2:.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Warning Warning Will Roberson below is an off topic comment 

They make very high quality products in china.  It’s just cheaper to make it there for economic reasons but that doesn’t make the product cheap per se.  Also foreign manufacturers don’t have to worry as much about frivolous lawsuits,  spontaneous combustion issues aside.

If we keep putting autistic kids on adderhall, giving them welfare to sit home and play video games instead of on a path through trade schools to extremely skilled trades than soon all products will be made elsewhere.

Not saying I care if things are made in the US.  I don’t, but how we limit potential of perfectly capable people because they think differently, that’s another issue.

Edited by Josiah

6 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Warning Warning Will Roberson off topic comments about to follow.

They make very high quality products in china.  It’s just cheaper to make it there for economic reasons but that doesn’t make the product cheap per se.

If we keep putting autistic kids on adderhall, giving them welfare to sit home and play video games instead of on a path through trade schools to extremely skilled trades than soon all products will be made elsewhere.

Not saying I care if things are made in the US.  I don’t, just that I care how we limit potential of perfectly capable people because they think differently. 

it started a long long time ago.

50 years ago i began working at diebold. i put in lots of safety deposit boxes.

this new company came along with chinese safety deposit boxes at half the price of diebolds. and they worked and looked great. i mean they were kept behind a 7 ton vault door, so who cares how secure ur safery deposit box was. once u penetratedvault, a steel rod and sledgehammer is all u need to open the best of them. 

i admire china for being able to do what they do, 99.97% of the time, they have no problems, but their quality control absolutely sucks. 

like my s18 having a bad valve on the suspension. nobody checked that before boxing it up? 

close only counts in horsehoes.

i quit building houses because i'm the one stuck fixing all the crap.

i bought new appliances for my mother's old house and bought samsung top of the line. i couldn't figure out wtf water was leaking out after i installed it. samsung never connected the pump drainline. unbelievable. she had some wood flooring that got ruined because samsung are idiots.

germans are known for quality products and china is known for producing junk cheap.

we're in a throwaway society so china is a good fit.

after seeing the kickstand in action, i wouldn't put that on any wheel. i love the kickstand on the s22 and have learned how the trolley handle works well with it. 

that under the seat handle will hurt u however. i avoid it.

bottom line, if u stop buying china's stuff, u won't be buying anything, including prescription drugs. 

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

24) ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICE.Any self-balancing, two-nontandem-wheeled device, designed to transport only one person, with an electric propulsion system with average power of 750 watts (1 horsepower), the maximum speed of which, on a paved level surface when powered solely by such a propulsion system while being ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 miles per hour. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not vehicles as defined in this section.

Two-nontandem-wheels means two wheels side-by-side.

If it is also self-balancing, then it would be referring to a Segway or copycat. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Two-nontandem-wheels means two wheels side-by-side.

If it is also self-balancing, then it would be referring to a Segway or copycat. 

yup, no mention of electric unicycles, because the govt is ignorant as of this moment. they won't be forever, esp as reckless as some are. 

when i first started in 2017, i went to a govt park because they had basketball courts etc.

signs all over, no skateboarding, skating, etc etc.

the skateboarders did that to themselves. they were invented about 60 years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

average power of 750 watts

this is scary because u can't buy a segway this anemic. shows u how far in the dark ages the govt is in regulating pevs.

and i can probably speed walk faster than 12.5 mph.

• Upvote 2

fyi,

what another vendor is doing as far as kickstands:

Q. Does the INMOTION V13 CHALLENGER come with a kickstand?

A. With much deliberation with INMOTION we have confirmed that a kickstand has been produced for it, but WILL NOT be included with the production model but instead as an aftermarket part. We plan on offering the kickstand free to riders during the preorder session until units are sold out.

• Like 1

pedal sensitivity is a personal preference. it's ur mind that dictates. if my weight shifts to the front of my accelerator foot, and the wheel doesn't react, i have panic attacks in that millisecond. learning on 7 different wheels was challenging because pedal sensitivity is different across the wheels. 

so i like the hardest, most sensitive settings. anything else would give me a heart attack.

• Like 1

supposedly the ship with my "13" is n port today. 

even though i'm not a beginner, to get the feel of this 110 pound wheel(which does kinda make me a beginner again)

i'll be using my parallel boards. keeps me and the wheel from getting dinged!

A8C42A6C-FB31-40D6-A862-9B2DD0BFE247.jpeg.667562b737d8a51125cb98dfb2860bf2.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i'll be using my parallel boards. keeps me and the wheel from getting dinged!

That should come handy after unboxing it.

Try accelerating and braking without pads gently then build up for your curiosity (inside your rig for safety). Be aware that you can fall off from the front when accelerateing and off the back when braking. 

You may be surprised as to how the V13 feel initially, as compared to what you are used to.

The V13 really isn't designed to be ridden without pads. You may notice the high rotational inertia. 

But since you already riding an S22, I doubt it will take you long to get acclimated. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mlau said:

Oh too bad. I was hoping for a kickstand that keeps the wheel way more upright, like a larger version of the V12 kickstand.  This thing is close to useless.

It's a bit tricky for 22" with fixed (or even small foldable) kickstand to achieve the same 45°-ish tilt parking position as small 16" wheels. Plus it's basically unusable while charging. It's literally to allow you to put down the wheel while out and about and to prevent the scratches to the cage (or floor). And for that pair of cheap rubber doorstops with some bolts will achieve the same effect for fraction of the price... All that said, I've ordered it anyway*, together with large, robust EUC stand, which I'll use at home while charging and the kickstand will be mainly for parking at work. For brief breaks when elsewhere I usually keep the EUC powered on and simply lean it against the wall or some other sturdy structure.

*But that's mainly due to the fact that I've managed to order V13 at great discount price plus I've haggled to have the seat thrown in for free on top of that. But if I'd pay $4000+, I'd be much more hesitant to do so ...

Edited by HEC
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Maybe it's just me, but my beginnings on EUCs were recent enough for me to remember my experiment with soft and hard mode very vividly.

The softest mode is a bit crazy on some wheels, but often the medium mode makes the most sense. Or 40-70% Commuter on an Inmotion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HEC said:

It's a bit tricky for 22" with fixed (or even small foldable) kickstand to achieve the same 45°-ish tilt parking position as small 16" wheels. Plus it's basically unusable while charging. It's literally to allow you to put down the wheel while out and about and to prevent the scratches to the cage (or floor). And for that pair of cheap rubber doorstops with some bolts will achieve the same effect for fraction of the price... All that said, I've ordered it anyway*, together with large, robust EUC stand, which I'll use at home while charging and the kickstand will be mainly for parking at work. For brief breaks when elsewhere I usually keep the EUC powered on and simply lean it against the wall or some other sturdy structure.

*But that's mainly due to the fact that I've managed to order V13 at great discount price plus I've haggled to have the seat thrown in for free on top of that. But if I'd pay $4000+, I'd be much more hesitant to do so ...

the s22 amateur kickstand is quite handy and i store it, charge it that way, np.

but my flooring is a garage floor mat over the plywood flooring of the shipping container.

carpet would be a different story.

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

That should come handy after unboxing it.

Try accelerating and braking without pads gently then build up for your curiosity (inside your rig for safety). Be aware that you can fall off from the front when accelerateing and off the back when braking. 

You may be surprised as to how the V13 feel initially, as compared to what you are used to.

The V13 really isn't designed to be ridden without pads. You may notice the high rotational inertia. 

But since you already riding an S22, I doubt it will take you long to get acclimated. 

i taught myself how to ride this way 6 years ago.

no crashes except one step off my e+.

never liked that wheel.

i’m still nursing this broken thumb from the heifer running over me almost two weeks ago now, so no riding.

tmrw i have $600 of leatt protective gear coming hopefully, so i might start back on my road tmrw.

i’ve done a little practice between the boards inside.

also after moving the pedals forward and down on the s22, i bought velcro and attached king songs pads to the s22 to give it a try again with pads.

i think they’ll be fine.

i’ve ridden the s22 about 18 miles now with no pads and i have no problem making it go and stop without pads. pedals on expert and my mind evidently is telling my feet what to do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mlau said:

I was hoping for a kickstand that keeps the wheel way more upright,

I've been laying my wheel down. When it's upright I can feel the self balancing at work; when I lay it down, everything stops. It's an opportunity to dissipate some heat and not use any battery. It's also a habit I picked up from mtb; if it's on the ground it can't fall over. From videos I've seen various wheels fall over from their stands; it also happened on the one group ride I've been on.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to lie down a v13 though - do that 10x a day is equivalent to one set of dead lifts :D

Edited by Uras

Fastest wheel ever made? Doubtful. It possibly could be the fastest if you could turn off the safety limit on the speed, but being speed limited likely means the much less safe Begode wheels could go faster.

But it is a fast wheel, riding fast on a cold windy day - how can anyone think this is OK to do without a helmet? People riding bicycles wear helmets and they don't go half the speed of the V13. I see other riders on the video wearing helmets, maybe they value their brains more?

If there was an opportunity to ride this wheel near me, I'd jump at the chance! (But I'd take my helmet and wear it)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Fastest wheel ever made? Doubtful. It possibly could be the fastest if you could turn off the safety limit on the speed, but being speed limited likely means the much less safe Begode wheels could go faster.

Dawn Champion has stated the Commander Pro is faster than the V13

Edited by oktothorpe
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

But it is a fast wheel, riding fast on a cold windy day - how can anyone think this is OK to do without a helmet? People riding bicycles wear helmets and they don't go half the speed of the V13. I see other riders on the video wearing helmets, maybe they value their brains more?

If there was an opportunity to ride this wheel near me, I'd jump at the chance! (But I'd take my helmet and wear it)

my cop buddies i use to ride harleys with made fun of me because i always wore a full face arai helmet. with contacts that's almost mandatory. 

and one of them laid his bike down on the interstate and only sprained his wrist. 

some humans live a charmed life, not me, i'm like a cat in a dog kennel.

riding any motorcycle without a helmet is probably safer than going 15mph on a wheel without a helmet.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 3