Mango

28 minutes ago, conecones said:

When I get my own V13 I can validate this for myself but I am in no way concerned about Roger's comment because I choose to accept data points that aren't baseless.

No question that you should do you.

I am pretty sure most V13 owners will be happy with their purchase, should they give it enough time to acclimate.

It is a 22" wheel with a lot of rotational inertia. 

I think it is a solid wheel. Despite what many have said about the suspension, my own personal experience say otherwise for my use case.

Each individual will evaluate to their best abilities or less to  make a purchase. 

My concern with the V13 is not power nor torque. My concern is pedal sensitivity and which is the best power pad to put on for my use case.

Having experience on my Abrams, I can clearly understand that even my Abrams has more torque and power than I need for my use case for now. But the problem is how to access it without too much effort. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:17 AM, techyiam said:

Apparently, Roger discovered that the V13 has less climbing torque than the S22

It came from this video; start at 1hr 50mins in:

Edited by Uras

41 minutes ago, Uras said:

It came from this video; start at 1hr 50mins in:

But it also ignores the many good things he says about it both before and after that tiny portion of the video, which was in the very specific context of an eroded sandy hill. Could you please timestamp the exact moment where he says the S22 (notoriously low-torque for its wattage) has more torque than the V13?

TLDR: He doesn't make that claim.

4 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

If a single person demonstrates it is maneuverable, then it is

Some people can make anything look maneuverable - they're just great riders. It isn't all up to the wheel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uras said:

Some people can make anything look maneuverable - they're just great riders. It isn't all up to the wheel.

Exactly. Which gives me ambition to become a better rider, so I can take advantage of what a wheel can do.

But I know I can't blame the wheel.

• Like 3

Just now, UPONIT said:

Could you please timestamp the exact moment where he says the S22 (notoriously low-torque for its wattage) has more torque than the V13?

I didn't mention torque. He does say that he has ridden the s22 up that same hill. He also says that there is no problem with traction - he took marty's wheel, with balding street tire, up the same hill easily.

• Upvote 1

There's a world of choice in today's car market, what with more than 400 different models and many car types available. Making sense of it all can be difficult.

thank goodness, there's not that many different wheels.

next i'll be studying the sherman s.

Edited by novazeus

Just now, UPONIT said:

But I know I can't blame the wheel

Some wheels are easier to ride in technical slow speed stuff. It isn't blaming the wheel - pick the wheel to suit your needs or desires

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

i just feel like watching his videos featuring the v13 him and his crew feel their Begode wheels are the best and nothing can compare.

Well, he is right though isn't he? I'm pretty sure that Begode wheels ARE the best . . . in certain aspects at least . . . but not in other aspects.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Veteran is the best - in some ways, but not others.

This is true for Inmotion and also KingSong - the best in some ways, but not others.

So I guess what attributes you care the most about dictates which wheel you think is actually the best.  My RS has been a good wheel and has not once cut-out or needed any repairs or maintenance.  My V12HT is a really good wheel and I can tell that it is built better and has better safety features.  I'm sure my Sherman S will be better than either, partly because it will be my only wheel with suspension and also it will clearly blow the other 2 out of the water for range.

Whenever you hear someone say that product x is the best, you should try to understand in what way it is the best and it what way is that not actually true. The best? At what? Best in what way? Most of the time that product will not be better than every other competing product in every single metric that you could possibly think of. When someone says that product x is the best, my thought is "more information needed".

• Upvote 3

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

he is bias towards to Begode wheels

Roger also liked the begode wheel in that video. Marty actually said that he was really enjoying that wheel (the begode). 

Dawn also likes her begodes - she just says they suit her. All these folk ride lots of wheels - being human they form opinions.

I ride for enjoyment and the fun of it too. I'm quite happy with my ks16x.

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Turn the volume up in the video, you can hear the v13 spin out several times. That's not why he didn't make it though

No, I didn't hear it spin out at all. I heard the motor struggle to a halt. It did spin a bit when he was on his hands and had no weight on the wheel. I could have missed what you heard. Roger does mention the wheel dipping forward quite a lot

Edited by Uras

2 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Well, he is right though isn't he? I'm pretty sure that Begode wheels ARE the best . . . in certain aspects at least . . . but not in other aspects.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Veteran is the best - in some ways, but not others.

This is true for Inmotion and also KingSong - the best in some ways, but not others.

2 minutes ago, Uras said:

Roger also liked the begode wheel in that video. Marty actually said that he was really enjoying that wheel (the begode). 

Dawn also likes her begodes - she just says they suit her. All these folk ride lots of wheels - being human they form opinions.

I ride for enjoyment and the fun of it too. I'm quite happy with my ks16x.

As i said "that's perfectly fine" i understand the concept that we all like what we like. My point was that he was reviewing an inmotion wheel and i felt his "professional opinion" was bias. It's not a big deal, i just haven't seen as much of it in any one video so i figured id add my 2 cents since i will be getting one. It's just my "unprofessional" opinion. I'm happy to give it on the performance of the wheel when i get it also to help others. I also feel like the hill he stalled the v13 on, i could have easily done with my v11 with the knobby that's on it. And i have like 1200 mi total.

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I also feel like the hill he stalled the v13 on, i could have easily done with my v11 with the knobby that's on it

the v13 did have a knobby, the commander pro didn't. I don't think any one wheel is going to be great at everything. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i hate commercials, and now u can't watch a ten minute video without a bunch of commercials. nothing in commercials is worth a shit, if it was, they wouldn't spend millions blabbing in commercials.

That's why I've switched to NewPipe (newpipe . net) based on the recommendation of one of the monetized YT channel owners, who clearly explains that he has no problem with his subscribers using it due to basically non-existent revenue from YT advertising. Sorry for OT.

Edited by HEC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This "no torque" argument is retarded.

If the wheel doesn't cut out due to being overwhelmed, then there's torque. Saying the V13 has a lack of torque is ridiculous, it has the most powerful motor/controller on the market. People use shitty/no pads, or don't have good technique, then complain that the most powerful wheel has no torque.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Upvote 3