Mango

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Which wheel was that, and which settings was it at?

The hardest ride mode tries to cancel out any attempt to accelerate as soon as it can. Besides a medium mode being more forgiving to small erroneous rider input, it helps in getting into a lean and to get the wheel to accelerate easier.

I don’t suppose you had the chance to actually compare different ride modes when starting out?

I did try all the ride modes - that was initially a 14d, and now a 16x. I have left it on hard for both, but can't feel any difference at all between modes. I think with those two wheels it is negligible or non existent. 

Thanks for trying to explain hard mode - that wasn't my understanding at all. I've simply left it on hard because that's what wrongway prefers. Actually he had a list that showed ks hard is equivalent to begode med (or some other brand med). He did ride one wheel on the equivalent of med I think - forgot which one it is.

OK, found the list below his video at youtube. I've copied and pasted just below. His description of hard mode sounds just like what I want.

Modes I use in different wheels

Any InMotion: Hard

King-Song: S18: Medium/Hard Other King Song: Hard

Begode/GotWay: mten3: hard, MCM5: hard, Nikola: medium/hard, MSX: hard, MSP or RS19 HT: medium/hard, MSP or RS19 HS: medium/hard, EXN: medium/hard, EX: medium/hard, Monster Pro: medium

Veteran Sherman: hard

Edited by Uras
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Uras said:

I did try all the ride modes - that was initially a 14d, and now a 16x. I have left it on hard for both, but can't feel any difference at all between modes. I think with those two wheels it is negligible or non existent.

On KS 16S back in the day the medium and hard were close to each other, but the soft mode was hilariously and dangerously soft. Like standing on a balloon soft. But they have tightened the ride modes with firmware updates, since the trend has been going a lot harder for a long time now. The 16S hard mode still isn’t hard enough to really require much more effort than the soft, since the wheel just doesn’t have enough instant power. 16X on hard though did feel overly stiff to me, as if it was fighting my attempts to accelerate.

I suggest trying out the medium mode on the 16X for a full battery, so you should be able to distinguish the difference better. You should also get 5 - 10% more range.

I've simply left it on hard because that's what wrongway prefers.

And many others do as well, without knowing what the implications are. 

Actually he had a list that showed ks hard is equivalent to begode med (or some other brand med).

There is such a trend, I agree, but it largely depends on the wheel model and firmware version. Newer wheels are always harder than their predecessors. The traditional MSX medium mode was perhaps comparable in softness to KS 1.0x hard of that era, but it behaved extremely differently to any KS or IM ride mode.

I have always found GotWay, Begode, and Veteran ride modes “boaty”, which I don’t care for.

• Like 1

Btw, Wrong Way has this great video on riding modes. He does say though that he mostly uses the medium mode. That was a year ago. He has also found that medium mode requires less effort to accelerate (from 5min 20sek onwards), and that it's less tiring to ride than the hard mode:

Edit: Ha! I now noticed you edited the same video into your post a bit before I posted this.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Upvote 1

Can any of the beta testers or first batch early adopters try to describe how loud the stock charger is for the V13? I haven't heard it mentioned or in use during any of the review videos I've seen, but it's somewhat important to me because I ride to work and charge at the office. I would prefer to avoid annoying my coworkers with obnoxious fan noise :)

17 hours ago, novazeus said:

3/16" steel bent, some rubber bumpers, and some screws.

made in china in bulk. $5 delivered. 

should have been included for $4k. 

people have been complaining about it's cost.(the wheel)i don't have a problem with that, but charging for a kickstand that ur competitors are including. bad business. esp when ur cost is next to nothing.

B8639ED2-3451-4B11-910C-B8B293391BD2.thumb.webp.b695ee50a83602d95d89b94c551924a4.webp

This! 100%. Seat is undoubtedly an optional accessory (though still fairly cheap to mass produce), but there is simply no excuse for selling the kickstand separately at $65 to $85 for such highly priced wheel. 

• Like 3

i think if jason, who i have a deposit with, and the other vendors selling these wheels at "map"(min advertised price), leaned on bob yan, he'd supply the kickstands for free.

i could be wrong, but for instance, if i told jason i want my deposit back or a free kickstand, and took my money to another vendor and told them to throw in a free kickstand, if they are smart businessmen, they will. supplying a free kickstand won't screw with inmotion's price fixing.

$40 cost, which i don't believe, for a $4000 sale. 

especially after the total screwup with the only other inmotion wheel i ever bought, the v10f. send it in because they are starting fires and inmotion sent me back somebody else ragged out wheel! unbelievable!

i feel like deja vu all over again with the "13"!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

obviously for someone who has ponied up $1000, and willing to hand over another $3k, $40 isn't gonna break me. idk if i'd even use their pos kickstand, but to have some green visor beancounter trying to make an extra $20 off me, after inmotion has built the heaviest wheel ever, and too inconsiderate to include a kickstand that probably costs $5 made in china, is insulting.

i don't have to have another wheel. i primarily signed up for the "13" to reward inmotion for their direction towards safer wheels, whether that's bullshit or not(v10f).but to screw over their customers like this shows a complete ignorance of marketing. 

harley gives u a kickstand, they don't expect u to lay down ur 800 pound road king, in fact harley gives u all kinds of freebies when u buy their special edition models. 

and keep in mind, we are all still beta testers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, novazeus said:

obviously for someone who has ponied up $1000, and willing to hand over another $3k, $40 isn't gonna break me. idk if i'd even use their pos kickstand, but to have some green visor beancounter trying to make an extra $20 off me, after inmotion has built the heaviest wheel ever, and too inconsiderate to include a kickstand that probably costs $5 made in china, is insulting.

NovaZeus, I’d like to preface this by saying you know 1000 times more about EUCs than I do. And probably 10,000 times more about business in general.

But here are my thoughts anyway. The stock V 13  is worth the price of $4000. Keep in mind that say early bird special price and it’s set to go up soon. The fact that they made an additional kickstand to me as an optional add-on is a bonus not an insult.   It would be like looking at the MSRP of any premium vehicle.  The price advertised is always before the add-ons.   I think of Challenger like Formula One race cars with their stick on headlights.  We just need the essentials when we get to this level of performance.  

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Its nice out today so maybe ill stop by Eevees to have another go on it.

I just came back from a relax cruise around Stanley Park.

You are in trouble. You may need to resort to instant noodles or Kraft dinners for a while to save up the extra cash to fund your Edition of the V13.

EEVEES may as well set aside one for you. 😄

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I just came back from a relax cruise around Stanley Park.

You are in trouble. You may need to resort to instant noodles or Kraft dinners for a while to save up the extra cash to fund your Edition of the V13.

EEVEES may as well set aside one for you. 😄

Haha yeah, if my financials allowed for 4 wheels I'd get one. If only the V13 had a 3600wh battery it would be the one for me.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

i bet electric unicycles are illegal to operate in florida. instead of trying to get $20 extra from a sale, they sb over here lobbying so unicycles aren't completely banned, which it looks like they are, they just haven't noticed yet.

Electric personal assistive mobility devices; regulations.

(1) An electric personal assistive mobility device, as defined in s. 316.003, may be operated:
(a) On a road or street where the posted speed limit is 25 miles per hour or less.
(b) On a marked bicycle path.
(c) On any street or road where bicycles are permitted.
(d) At an intersection, to cross a road or street even if the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 25 miles per hour.
(e) On a sidewalk, if the person operating the device yields the right-of-way to pedestrians and gives an audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian.
(2) A valid driver license is not a prerequisite to operating an electric personal assistive mobility device.
(3) Electric personal assistive mobility devices need not be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02.
(4) A person who is under the age of 16 years may not operate, ride, or otherwise be propelled on an electric personal assistive mobility device unless the person wears a bicycle helmet that is properly fitted, that is fastened securely upon his or her head by a strap, and that meets the standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI Z Bicycle Helmet Standards), the standards of the Snell Memorial Foundation (1984 Standard for Protective Headgear for Use in Bicycling), or any other nationally recognized standards for bicycle helmets which are adopted by the department.
(5) A county or municipality may regulate the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road, street, sidewalk, or bicycle path under its jurisdiction if the governing body of the county or municipality determines that regulation is necessary in the interest of safety.
(6) The Department of Transportation may prohibit the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices on any road under its jurisdiction if it determines that such a prohibition is necessary in the interest of safety.

24) ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICE.Any self-balancing, two-nontandem-wheeled device, designed to transport only one person, with an electric propulsion system with average power of 750 watts (1 horsepower), the maximum speed of which, on a paved level surface when powered solely by such a propulsion system while being ridden by an operator who weighs 170 pounds, is less than 20 miles per hour. Electric personal assistive mobility devices are not vehicles as defined in this section.
  • Sad 1

Just now, mrelwood said:

The ShermS comes with rusted pedals though…

EUCs didn’t use to have kickstands. And didn’t the V13 kickstand come available only after a few wheels had already been sold? If they would now include the stand, a lot of people would complain that the first customers were left in the dust.

I do hear you though, and I think that it would’ve been better to include the stand. But considering how many riders use $everal hundred$ to accessorize their new wheels with pads, pedals, stand nubs and such, I’m not sure if complaining about the kickstand is all that fair. 

wheels didn't weigh 110 pounds.

and like king song i think is doing, sending out slider kits to previous owners, inmotion could do the same. 

i don't care. penny wise pound foolish on inmotion's part.

"oh, i see u got a "13" are those door bumpers the kickstand?"

"no, i had to make this myself because for $4k a kickstand wasn't included and their attempt to make one was a pos!".

i've been buying china junk in huge quantities for years. they are the best at making non-quality throwaway stuff cheaper than anybody else. not very inventive but great at copying. walmart made china and vice versa. 

if u had a widget to sell walmart for $20, walmart would say, "we love it, but talk to our chinese manufacturers that can make it for ten bucks."

if i was younger, i'd start a company called, "shit that lasts".

china has it's place in the world. u can't put $35 schlage doorknobs in an low income or affordable home. u gotta buy ten chinese make locksets and fix two of them urself. 

• Like 1