Mango

How does a hydraulic suspension work?

In a hydraulic suspension system, the action of the wheel pumps oil from one chamber to another via a “damper valve.” Each chamber in the system has a “diaphragm” with compressed gas against which the force generated by the pumped fluid collides and rebounds.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

There is no coil-over like the KS S22 and there is no air to pump like the IM V13, existing suspension Begodes, etc

So, why are there long strong coiled springs inside the ShermS shock then? And how come no-one hasn’t talked about the costs of replacing the hydraulic fluid that is unavoidably present in a hydraulic suspension?

10 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

So, why are there long strong coiled springs inside the ShermS shock then? And how come no-one hasn’t talked about the costs of replacing the hydraulic fluid that is unavoidably present in a hydraulic suspension?

I'm going to quote someone else because this is a silly argument

3 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

I'm going to quote someone else because this is a silly argument

It seems we are back to basics now.  My motorcycle has a front fork with oil dampers, and progressive springs in each leg.  The height is adjustable via a valve in the top of each leg.  And fortunately, the two legs are connected via a bridge, so they are in "sync".   The Sherman S has one oil damper and one spring.... how is this anything else than what is found in one combined damper and spring unit on the KS S22 ? Furthermore;  What is best;  A suspension system where left and right of center has opposite functions, or one where the complete suspension is in the center.

7 minutes ago, Robse said:

It seems we are back to basics now.  My motorcycle has a front fork with oil dampers, and progressive springs in each leg.  The height is adjustable via a valve in the top of each leg.  And fortunately, the two legs are connected via a bridge, so they are in "sync".   The Sherman S has one oil damper and one spring.... how is this anything else than what is found in one combined damper and spring unit on the KS S22 ? Furthermore;  What is best;  A suspension system where left and right of center has opposite functions, or one where the complete suspension is in the center.

I never said anything about "best" I only said the Sherman S suspension was new tech to EUCs, which is is. Also the KS S22 is a coil-over that is adjustable.

I just noticed that the Android app 'EUC World' just recently added initial support for the v13 as of version 2.30.1 released on Jan 29

The changelog on their website, though, only mentions up to version 2.30.0 so doesn't yet list it as of the time I am writing this post

https://euc.world/downloads/EUC World Release Notes.pdf

From the android app on 2.30.1:

• added: initial, basic support for Inmotion V13
  • fixed: charging controller couldn't scan/connect to smart plug or even caused the app to crash
  • various fixes and improvements
  • Like 2

Check this out guys... why does the V13 do that spin up / spin down thing when it falls over, having not quite climbed this big steep sandy embankment ?

I'd find that most disconcerting, and would prefer the Gotway behaviour of instant cut-out and wheel stop on side-over. Or can that behaviour be changed in the app ?

Edited by Cerbera

It is weird, I have noticed that when doing free wheel tests. It is like an angle is detected and the wheel just gives it full power to cut out. 

This is a firmware / software thing though, and it can be corrected. I would expect this being something Inmotion addresses. 

Edit: I love the V13. It is a seriously impressive wheel. I just can't say enough about the build quality. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just had my first spill on the V13, nothing major, but as it laid on its side, the wheel spun up, cut out, and turned off. This is certainly bad behavior, and I hope that Inmotion has a response in the form of a firmware update in the works. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

I just had my first spill on the V13, nothing major, but as it laid on its side, the wheel spun up, cut out, and turned off. This is certainly bad behavior, and I hope that Inmotion has a response in the form of a firmware update in the works. 

Yeah, they should do something about that. My V12 does the same.

2 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Do you have Acceleration or Breaking assistance on? If yes, can you try if it (mis-)behaves the same way when those are turned off?

On 2/1/2023 at 10:24 AM, Robse said:

A suspension system where left and right of center has opposite functions.

This is how the majority of high end mtb forks work. I'm not sure what you mean by "opposite functions" though. I'd call them complimentary functions, or one side is complimentary to the side that does the main suspension work. I kind of like it - it makes each side less complex and more robust.

Edited by Uras

I think the way people should be labeling the V13 now is as "the safest one wheel rocket". Because that is what it is. The 3 best things about it are: 

1) Fast

2) Fast

3) Fast

That said, I was also recently thinking about what wheel I liked more, that I have. I was leaning towards the V12 HT, because it is just lighter, easier to be nimble with, etc. 

But I took it out today and it was windy. I was getting tossed all over the place, and fighting the wind was exhausting. I managed, but speeds came way down. 30 kph and under. 

So these bigger and heavier wheels are also just safer in more situations. 

Edited by 2disbetter
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

But I took it out today and it was windy. I was getting tossed all over the place, and fighting the wind was exhausting. I managed, but speeds came way down. 30 kph and under. 

Yeah, I was struggling too in 55 Km/h wind with gusts up to 87 Km/h on V12-HT. I'll see how much better V13 will do (hopefully soon).

• Like 3