Mango

3 hours ago, Uras said:

From the video description:

V13 Has Major Issues - Inmotion Over Charged and Under Delivered

Feb 3, 2023

and the stock pedals snapped in half .....

From the video comments:

V13comments.png

Edited by Paul A
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Paul A said:

I think that is indicative of some serious weight forces. We just need context. I am a big dude, and I have no worry that my pedals are going to snap. Quite the opposite. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Paul A said:

From the video description:

V13 Has Major Issues - Inmotion Over Charged and Under Delivered

Feb 3, 2023

From the video comments:

V13comments.png

My V12 has some shaking at stand still or when I brake at slow speed (pushed by hand, like in the video). They must tighten those lower screws near pedals that tighten the sledge on the rails, if they are loose those vibrations from the motor are amplified. It is a FW issue, I don’t know why @Inmotion Global didn’t do something about it until now.

InMotion reputation has suffered greatly from the V12 board cut outs, and will probably never be the same. They should not just presume people will take them as the producers of “the safest” EUCs for granted.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

A: If you disassemble the motor and not reassemble the V13 to factory specification. You will break fasteners. - 1 confirmed (1 unconfirmed) >1  confirmed case (1 unconfirmed) 

B: Motor Vibration (might be software or hardware) -> 1 confirmed

C: snapped pedals is you're an elephant -> 1 confirmed

The snapped motor fasteners from item A are being addressed with upgraded bolts; this will likely be a non-issue once the upgraded bolts are installed

The motor vibration from item B is caused by the broken motor bolts from item A, so this is the same issue.

The snapped pedals from item C are the big unknown; it turns out it was indeed the same v13 that has been making the rounds with the bad suspension adjuster that had that; I will be making another post momentarily to point out a bit more evidence about that

• Like 3

Hsiang has a new video out about high speeds on the v13. Spoiler:

Spoiler

He doesn't quite reach the top speed, though that's due to the spaces available to him and his own comfort in pushing the wheel

The interesting bits that I took away from this, though, are the following:

1. It was in fact Hsiang who was at the New York v13 demo rides in that port area; he has footage in here of him talking to the same folks from that video
  2. It is in fact THIS SAME WHEEL that has the broken pedal, and the pedal breakage happened during Hsiang's custodianship of the wheel.
    This is evidenced by the fact that there is footage in here of both the wheel with the original pedals AND of the v12 aftermarket pedals, and the fact that this was the wheel at the demo rides

Unfortunately he never comments on the broken pedals as far as I can see; I really hope we get more info about that. Has anyone asked Jason at ewheels for comment, or Hsiang?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kingsong Russia said:

always vertical position leaned to the wall. This is only inmo fail, not mine. Inmo was informed too.

Thank you. Intention behind my question was not to assign the blame to you (or Inmotion), but to find out, if this happens even when the wet wheel is correctly (as you do) parked vertically*. As this seems to be the case, it is clearly a design flaw, which shall be addressed by Inmotion. I'll need to look into weather proofing the tail light panel right away, as it just started to snow here yesterday and I don't want to end up with salt eaten plugs.

*My concern here is also that many less knowledgeable owners will simply park the wet wheel using the kick stand or back frame cage, thus even further exaggerating the issue. That's also why I have purchased the proper EUC park stand (as mentioned couple of pages back here) to be able to park the wheel properly upright without leaning it against wall or furniture, to allow both water egress as well as more convenient access to charging ports.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

Unfortunately he never comments on the broken pedals as far as I can see; I really hope we get more info about that. Has anyone asked Jason at ewheels for comment, or Hsiang?

Maybe @Hsiang would care to comment on this? If so Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:49 PM, Josiah said:

No helmet but nice reactions from other riders about the wheel.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:06 PM, rebeuc said:

What's that about the original pedals breaking? (around the 6:10 mark); something about they had to put on the v12 pedals because the original v13 pedals broke?????

On 1/29/2023 at 6:14 PM, Josiah said:

Yeah he dose say that the original ones broke.  That almost looks and sounds like Hsiang but I’m not sure.  If it was him any way he’s got an EUC accessories store with pedals so he’s covered. https://themosfet.com/

4 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Hsiang has a new video out about high speeds on the v13. Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

He doesn't quite reach the top speed, though that's due to the spaces available to him and his own comfort in pushing the wheel

The interesting bits that I took away from this, though, are the following:

1. It was in fact Hsiang who was at the New York v13 demo rides in that port area; he has footage in here of him talking to the same folks from that video
  2. It is in fact THIS SAME WHEEL that has the broken pedal, and the pedal breakage happened during Hsiang's custodianship of the wheel.
    This is evidenced by the fact that there is footage in here of both the wheel with the original pedals AND of the v12 aftermarket pedals, and the fact that this was the wheel at the demo rides

I thought I recognized that voice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Je ne sais pas

Pas de sous-titres en anglais

Le dubstep est le langage universel

Thanks, you can use the auto-translate and subtitle on you tube. Basically he really likes the look and build quality but the wheel is to big for him and it doesn't seem he has tried the brake/acc. assist at all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Oh cool on chrome the subtitles were only in French.  I’ll check it out on the YouTube App.

It's weird, for me i have to choose the only option (french) in this case the first time. Then the second time i open it i can choose auto-translate (English)

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Then the second time i open it i can choose auto-translate (English)

Maybe it take a while to auto translate.  That video was published only 9  hours ago.  

Edited by Josiah

Looks like Hsiang commented about the broken pedal in the Youtube video comments:

Ronin was the one who was riding when the pedal broke, so I don't really have the detail. the only thing I know is that it wasn't high speed and the pedal snapped. but hopefully he'll talk about it in his video.

I'm not sure who that is, but definitely am interested in hearing more as that is a very concerning failure

• Like 2