Mango

55 minutes ago, chanman said:

you need a lot of time and testing before you can make claims about being the safest or the most reliable wheel imo, especially in things produced by the hundreds and not the hundred thousands.

1. Quality assessment is based on multiple criteria, amongst other the actual design and materials / components used*, reputation of the manufacturer and indeed the user feedback after some time of ownership. Based on former two criteria alone I can confidently say that V13 is currently one of the safest (if not the safest) EUCs on the market.

2. While individual EUC models are not mass produced in hundreds of thousands, I assure you that V13 alone is (or shortly will be) produced in tens of thousands and that's more than sufficient sample size to obtain some statistically significant figures. One shipment to one reseller is 100 (or at least 50) pieces.

*Perhaps apart of the motor mounting bolts, but it's IMO still a bit early to ascertain if this is a design / bolt material quality issue or related to disassembly of the wheel. Either way, until this is more explored and source of the issue identified, I'll refrain from removing these specific bolts as the tire can be with a bit of extra effort / inconvenience swapped without removing the sliders, and I will also look into obtaining the higher quality replacement bolts to have at hand if needed (together with spare inner tube and tire as I keep for all my EUCs).

Edited by HEC

8 minutes ago, Kingsong Russia said:

after a while of riding in the wet.
pls protect this socket before riding

Ouch! Can you be more specific about the wet conditions leading to this? Rain (normal, short time), heavy rain for prolonged time, riding through a lake, washing with hose or pressure washer, etc.? Thank you. If I'm not mistaken, this is the tail light / charging & USB port assembly panel, correct (i.e. mounted vertically) ?

Edited by HEC

32 minutes ago, HEC said:

1. Quality assessment is based on multiple criteria, amongst other the actual design and materials / components used*, reputation of the manufacturer and indeed the user feedback after some time of ownership. Based on former two criteria alone I can confidently say that V13 is currently one of the safest (if not the safest) EUCs on the market.

2. While individual EUC models are not mass produced in hundreds of thousands, I assure you that V13 alone is (or shortly will be) produced in tens of thousands and that's more than sufficient sample size to obtain some statistically significant figures. One shipment to one reseller is 100 (or at least 50) pieces.

*Perhaps apart of the motor mounting bolts, but it's IMO still a bit early to ascertain if this is a design / bolt material quality issue or related to disassembly of the wheel. Either way, until this is more explored and source of the issue identified, I'll refrain from removing these specific bolts as the tire can be with a bit of extra effort / inconvenience swapped without removing the sliders, and I will also look into obtaining the higher quality replacement bolts to have at hand if needed (together with spare inner tube and tire as I keep for all my EUCs).

gee, you state the criteria but the criteria isn't there. Isn't the v13 a new wheel? So there is no experience yet, or very minimal by the few people who have actually ridden it. Consider the V12HT and the self accelerating issue - this hasn't yet been acknowledged by inmotion. They've had their troubles in the past, this is just the most recent. Well, it's really the 2nd most recent - as you say there's the mounting bolt issue that may not be an issue, but it is an issue (according to inmotion). I'd also question the 10s of thousands of v13s to be built - where did that come from? Sheesh.

There seems to be this inmotion bias with a few here that ignores history and isn't based on reality. Why make stuff up? I'd want to know the truth about any wheel I was about to buy - I wouldn't try to skew the facts.

Edited by Uras

19 minutes ago, Kingsong Russia said:

winter wet roads filled w/ salt to melt snow and ice. No rain, no deep puddles.

OK, thanks. In this case I suspect it's more issue of the salt than moist itself.

31 minutes ago, Uras said:

gee, you state the criteria but the criteria isn't there.

Please re-read carefully the whole reply. I've stated 3 criteria, 2 of which are already known / established, and my confidence based on those 2 criteria. 

Edited by HEC

1 hour ago, Kingsong Russia said:

winter wet roads filled w/ salt to melt snow and ice. No rain, no deep puddles.

One more question, after riding in such conditions, how do you park your V13? Standing (more or less) upright, sitting on the kickstand / back cage frame or lying on side?

Because I can easily see the water and salt pooling at the back of tail light / plugs assembly (thus damaging the plug) if rested on kickstand or back cage frame. Preferrably, the wheel should stand as much as possible upright to allow all the snow, salt and water to pour down and out of its body.

13 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

complain about the lack of evidence

Not lack of evidence, it's story telling. Listen to yourselves; one wheel, two weeks; it's comical. Then "oh, it must be the salt", "maybe the engine bolts were put in wrong", "maybe it was overcharged" for a rattle? Or did you think "overcharge" meant over charging the battery - it doesn't.

I bought a ks 16x. Apparently it was the biggest pos when it came out. If it still was I wouldn't have bought it. I was interested in the v12ht, but it's just a gamble, and a dangerous one. Why would I ignore that. I don't get it. The v13, like all other wheels before it; time will tell. You take notice or you choose to ignore, but why ignore?

Edited by Uras

5 minutes ago, Uras said:

The v13, like all other wheels before it; time will tell. You take notice or you choose to ignore, but why ignore?

I think I see what you are saying, and I guess we are on the same page but it is just being expressed differently. 

I don't want to ignore anything, and I agree with you that more time needs to be had to be definitive. I'm just saying that I like what I see and have experienced myself, so far. 

Ironically I have the V12HT also. It has been a real solid wheel, but I've only had it for 4+ weeks and it has less than 100km on it. 

• Upvote 1

From the Begode T4 thread.

Unfortunately, Begode is messing with firmware names, descriptions and even version numbers. They don't provide any release notes, so we don't know what changes has been made, if any. Also, they offer several firmwares with the same version number, what should never happen in normal world. Meanwhile, you'll find two separate firmwares with the same number. Personally I suspect that "ML" in the firmware name may mean "Molicel", but this is a guess only. But if this is true, this firmware may contain different mapping for voltages. But without an official release note from Begode or extensive testing it's hard to say anything.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Begode users ignore because of the speed and feeling of power. Veteran users ignore because it’s still better than Begode. KingSong users ignore because they simply trust the brand, or they have past bad experience with Inmotion. Inmotion users ignore because they trust the brand to try the hardest.

Every EUC purchaser must ignore something.

Simply Hogawash!

Just because someone buys a particular wheel, then that someone "must ignore something".

Why can't a wheel be bought because, for a particular buyer, it gave the best compromise between positives and negatives.

Negatives don't have to be ignored, and most of the time, should not be ignore.

There are people who are willing to buy wheels that have a history of random cutouts.

Case in point is the Veteran Abrams. 

Did everyone who bought an Abrams in the last 3 months ignore the random cutouts potential and other negatives?

I know at least one person who did not ignore. Me.

There is a list of negatives for the Abrams, and I am addressing each one.

In fact, I do that for all my wheels, regardless of brand.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1