Mango

Oh wow. So the V13 with the broken axle, vibrations and pedals is the same demo wheel? 

I wonder whats the mileage on it? If its over 3000km it's impressive. 

Survived tonnes of riders, weather, abuse and a shoddy disassembly.

A sort out these minor issues and 2nd batch is gonna be solid! :thumbup:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

the update CANNOT begin until the wheel is resting on the front handle (similar to how many people park the wheel)

Hmm, I wonder if folks installing pads or stops to prevent scratching the front bars would mess up the calibration or ability to upgrade?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Hmm, I wonder if folks installing pads or stops to prevent scratching the front bars would mess up the calibration or ability to upgrade?

My guess is no. I suspect the update process just needs to have the self-balancing not enabled. So the wheel needs to be supported. 

In the past, Inmotion has had some models resting on its side.

On the V12, my last update was done upright. But it may work resting on its kick stand. During the update process on my V12, self-balancing was disabled. So the wheel needs to be supported somehow. 

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, rebeuc said:

Good question.  I agree with @techyiam but the pads will would hold at a slightly different angle.  You could rest the tire on a book or a block equal thickness of the pads if you wanted a perfect stock resting angle.

I’ll be testing this soon. And report back.  

@2disbetterIs the InMotion App going to automatically ask to update after syncing the wheel?

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1

Conversation on youtube about the pedal breakage in Ronin's video:

Question:

I heard that the pedals may have broken during your time with the wheel. Is there any information you can provide about that? (Circumstances under which they broke, and what type of break it was?)

Ronin:

Heard where?

Question:

@Ronin_Ryder  It was said by Hsiang in the comments for his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7bvk3Uof0s
He said: "Ronin was the one who was riding when the pedal broke, so I don't really have the detail. the only thing I know is that it wasn't high speed and the pedal snapped. but hopefully he'll talk about it in his video."

Ronin:

Oh i see. Yes pedal broke... I’ll talk about it soon. No big deal tbh.

Not exactly a very satisfying exchange, a pedal breaking is a pretty big deal to me, unless it happened when something really stupid happened like a major crash or intentionally testing the limits of the pedal with a hydraulic press or something.

Hopefully he does share more information when he 'talks about it soon'

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Josiah said:

@2disbetterIs the InMotion App going to automatically ask to update after syncing the wheel?

Yep, you get it as soon as you sync (and finsih registration if you haven't don't that already). Was a painless procedure. I should not that when I first got the wheel 2 weeks ago, it already had a firmware update available then. So I see Inmotion dedicating time and effort to improving the V13's software as well. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:
1 hour ago, Josiah said:

Yep, you get it as soon as you sync (and finsih registration if you haven't don't that already). Was a painless procedure. I should not that when I first got the wheel 2 weeks ago, it already had a firmware update available then. So I see Inmotion dedicating time and effort to improving the V13's software as well. 

I think what @Josiahwas getting at was if the app/wheel behave the same way as they have recently for the v11

Specifically, when an update is available, does it lock the wheel by preventing it from balancing until you apply the update, or do you have the ability to push off the update for a more convenient time while still being able to use the wheel?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

"Thank you. Yes it did break…but it wasn’t due to a wheel defect. I’ll discuss more about it on my next video."

Not sure how a pedal breaking wasn't due to a wheel defect. 

Unless they broke it drilling holes in for more spikes?

4 minutes ago, rebeuc said:

I think what @Josiahwas getting at was if the app/wheel behave the same way as they have recently for the v11

Specifically, when an update is available, does it lock the wheel by preventing it from balancing until you apply the update, or do you have the ability to push off the update for a more convenient time while still being able to use the wheel?

Yes I think you can. I saw nothing that was forcing me to apply the update. For me balancing and turning calibration were possible before the update. I was mentioning it because having to put the wheel on its face is something you specifically have to do for calibration. So I believe the update is focusing on those calibration settings, and thus the position is necessary. 

1 minute ago, Eyss said:

Not sure how a pedal breaking wasn't due to a wheel defect. 

If I disassemble the wheel and don't mount the pedal right, if I happened to back over the pedals before installation with my big rig, etc. There are plenty of ways that they could have been compromised in such a away as to not be a design defect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Is there any reason why you would not want to do the update?  Especially considering the side spin issue.

For me there wasn't any such issue. I was happy to see the update, and accepted it without delay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rebeuc said:

No, because calibration is not performed while resting on front handle / cage. Just having different tire (or even simply tire presure) would affect the angle too.

2 hours ago, Josiah said:

Good question.  I agree with @techyiam but the pads will would hold at a slightly different angle.  You could rest the tire on a book or a block equal thickness of the pads if you wanted a perfect stock resting angle.

See above.

Edited by HEC
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GHOSTTE said:

Cosmetic question, are the InMotion labels on the sides of the V13 stickers that can be peeled off? Big turn off with the big branding

There are a bunch of safety labels that can be, but the Inmotion label on the sides cannot be. However the area is flat and you could easily cover it with something to get rid of it. I don't personally have any problem with a company labeling their products, but I can understand the aesthetic appeal of a label-less product as well. 

• Upvote 3