Mango

4 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

This 100%. The rear light is there there but I feel InMotion could've made an improvement there but at least you can mount all sorts of aftermarket lights on the back.

True. And in addition to that also reflective stickers (as on all my previous EUCs). I've got even nice black ones to keep the nice design of V13 as much undisturbed as possible (I have same ones in white for my white helmet): 

615d19KagOL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HEC said:

True. And in addition to that also reflective stickers (as on all my previous EUCs). I've got even nice black ones to keep the nice design of V13 as much undisturbed as possible (I have same ones in white for my white helmet):

Those stickers are great! I have a a couple of them on my helmet and also a few on my V11.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Josiah said:

That fits around your helmet?

Yes. It's not clear from the image but in the back is adjustable stretchy belt, which allows to wear it both with and without helmet. It's also very light and comparing to top clip mounted bike light, I've tried before, it doesn't change the weight balance of the helmet. Plus it can be comfortably controlled while wearing thicker gloves by simply waving hand.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

So I just picked up a V13 to try out for a week. It’s not mine and I have no skin in the game. I’ll try and give my honest impressions. If anyone as any questions or things I can checkout let me know. I’m not opening it up and doing anything internally, but anything else ask away. 

First off this wheel is huge and heavy. Lol. I realize that’s stating the obvious, but wow! That being said it’s super stable and easy to ride. If I were to compare it to a vehicle I’d say it’s closest to a hummer. It’s not nimble, but feels very planted. This wheel really wants to go fast, braking is a bit slow and hardish to do. There are grizzla flow pads installed which helped immensely. I would not want to ride this without pads. The spiked stock pedals are good as are all the grab bars. I wouldn’t take this off roading, definitely an urban cruiser. The headlight is really nice, it has a good spread which covers a whole car lane. It’s top heavy and is prone to tip once it’s past it’s centre of balance. This is taking some learning on my end. All the grab handles help with not dropping the wheel at stop lights. Definitely not a roll up to the pub to have pints kinda wheel, or last mile commuter. You’re going to want to ride this thing to your destination anyway, this beast is fun. It makes a 84v wheel feel like a toy. This thing is absolutely like a vehicle between your legs. Using the trolley handle and walking with this wheel is a bit cumbersome. A little like a duck out of water. It’s doable, but this thing shines on the road while being ridden. This is an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment, I can understand the price point. 

Have you tried other large wheels? How does it compare? The most concerning thing for me with the V13 is the range (or lack-thereof) which is why I switched from the Commander Pro to the EX30 on pre-order. It looks like a great wheel from fit to finish, I wish it didn't come in orange though

• Haha 3

@GHOSTTE I’ve ridden a few different wheels, my buddy has a master which I’ve messed around on, but wouldn’t say I’m comfortable on it yet. I’ve put thousands of miles on my v11 and a few hundred on a king song 18. This is by far the biggest heaviest wheel I’ve been on. Honestly though once mounted and moving it feels very natural and comfortable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

It looks like a great wheel from fit to finish, I wish it didn't come in orange though

Interesting, I actually find the orange finish quite pleasing, plus almost everyone who saw the V13 in person says that the orange colour is darker and looks much better irl than in pictures.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, soulson said:

I want mine bright and easy to see. Anything I take on the road around cars needs to be visible. Doesn't need to be tacky, but needs to be visible. Black wouldn't be my first choice.

EUCs are a bit low for people to see in vehicles, especially trucks. If you want to be bright wear a safety vest, the color of your EUC isn't going to matter much when it's between your legs and low to the ground

35 minutes ago, GHOSTTE said:

Tron setups for your helmet

Helmet lights are very good.

It would likely be visible in all directions, whilst riding, and if the body is prone on the ground.

The height positioning would be optimal for car drivers to see, at the greatest distance.

Plenty of variants available on Ebay, Amazon, etc.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

So I just picked up a V13 to try out for a week. It’s not mine and I have no skin in the game. I’ll try and give my honest impressions. If anyone as any questions or things I can checkout let me know. I’m not opening it up and doing anything internally, but anything else ask away. 

First off this wheel is huge and heavy. Lol. I realize that’s stating the obvious, but wow! That being said it’s super stable and easy to ride. If I were to compare it to a vehicle I’d say it’s closest to a hummer. It’s not nimble, but feels very planted. This wheel really wants to go fast, braking is a bit slow and hardish to do. There are grizzla flow pads installed which helped immensely. I would not want to ride this without pads. The spiked stock pedals are good as are all the grab bars. I wouldn’t take this off roading, definitely an urban cruiser. The headlight is really nice, it has a good spread which covers a whole car lane. It’s top heavy and is prone to tip once it’s past it’s centre of balance. This is taking some learning on my end. All the grab handles help with not dropping the wheel at stop lights. Definitely not a roll up to the pub to have pints kinda wheel, or last mile commuter. You’re going to want to ride this thing to your destination anyway, this beast is fun. It makes a 84v wheel feel like a toy. This thing is absolutely like a vehicle between your legs. Using the trolley handle and walking with this wheel is a bit cumbersome. A little like a duck out of water. It’s doable, but this thing shines on the road while being ridden. As it doesn’t come with a kickstand, I used the front roll bars and laid the wheel down on its front, works well. This is an absolutely beautiful piece of equipment, I can understand the price point. 

App settings-    
Top speed according to the inmotion app 48.9mph total distance travelled 9.9 miles. 
Power assist is on. 
accelerate assist is at 72%
braking assist is at 50%

edit: just plugged the charger in, the fan is loud……..🤣🤣

Cool that you could work something out like that. Being able to try out a wheel is a luxury not many of us have. 

I just started riding so my comments don't mean much, and I know it, but I feel the same as you. Although the trolley is good. Well built. I can control the wheel with it. I think your size plays into the utility of the handle significantly. 

Regarding how the wheel is top heavy, I would agree. Not in an unbalanced kind of way, but much more in what is required to turn on the wheel. You really have to muscle the wheel to the side to get turning going on. Kuji talks about this in his video on it as well. In general I want to get better on the wheel, BUT I feel like I getting so good at the V12 that I kind of put it off on the V13. However, as you mentioned the wheel is super stable going straight and doing normal turns. Doing slow speed maneuvers and all are things that I'm nervous about doing on the wheel. Time will improve things, and I will eventually probably see the V12 as a toy next to the V13. 

• Like 3