INMOTION V12

Mike Roe

28 minutes ago, supercurio said:

They committed to new boards as replacement for the ones that failed, but for everyone else it's up in the air at the moment.

I emailed eWheels yesterday and it was regarding replacement control boards for existing V12s. Quoting Jason, "In terms of an action plan, Inmotion have committed to replacing these V12 controllers, but they're constrained by the current chip shortages, expecting to receive a supply towards the end of March/April timeframe. The replacement boards will be provided free of charge."

Of course this is coming from eWheels and for wheels bought from them. I suggest others ask their wheel distributor how it will be handled. 

I'm at about ~400 miles on my wheel since stress testing announcement. I ride geared up for impending doom on each outing. I hope they stress the board component to death in factory before send out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

I emailed eWheels yesterday and it was regarding replacement control boards for existing V12s. Quoting Jason, "In terms of an action plan, Inmotion have committed to replacing these V12 controllers, but they're constrained by the current chip shortages, expecting to receive a supply towards the end of March/April timeframe. The replacement boards will be provided free of charge."

Of course this is coming from eWheels and for wheels bought from them. I suggest others ask their wheel distributor how it will be handled. 

I'm at about ~400 miles on my wheel since stress testing announcement. I ride geared up for impending doom on each outing. I hope they stress the board component to death in factory before send out.

I think they communicate more with some resellers over others, probably not out of cutesy more because some resellers simply puts more pressure on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Personally, I have a v12 that didnt fail stress test or anything. I already contacted ewheels just for my own head. I would be willing to pay something for a replacement board as long as inmotion finds no real flaws in their design and shows this in some sort of REAL and True communication. I would probably purchase a replacement board just for my own mental well being. (unless this is fixed in software)

If there truly is a design flaw that makes a crash pretty much inevitable and or random.. Then i think boards should be replaced free of charge. I would be willing to pay shipping and labor, but I am comfortable replacing a board myself (not parts on a board)

I also would love to be able to see what the cause and solution was.

I have stated earlier in this thread that I do feel somewhat safe on my v12 1st batch. I have put it through a decent amount already with no issues, but it is a catch 22. In the back of our minds is always the thought of cutout.. The only thing that would fix that is transparency on the issue and the fix.. Even a new board will not fix this for me if they don't communicate what the issue was and what fixes it. 

I do have some faith that inmotion will do the right thing. It will just take patience on our part. Hopefully this doesnt take more than a few months to sort out. As it really is a fun and great wheel to ride, that is otherwise being overshadowed by this issue. 

I am 100% in agreement. Inmotion may not be willing to pay shipping and labor to fix wheels whether it's the right thing to do or not.  I think it's very reasonable for them to send all inmotion v12 owners an improved and tested control board that we can replace ourselves or we pay a local dealer to install for us.  Costs of shipping boards to us would be much less than shipping wheels.

It sucks that it's going to take months but I'd rather be safe from random cutouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, supercurio said:

These "which failed" or these "all of them"?

I realized I was vague in my email. I should have asked if it was for all wheels, dead and functional. 

My question was: 

1) Will eWheels have new revised boards for current batch 2 V12 owners when available? 

2) If there is, will it be with warranty replacement or perhaps a large discount/repair if not warrantied?

• Like 1

Was curious if any V12 owners have been able to use Darknessbot to honk the horn or toggle the headlights. I get all the metrics but can't control those. Not a huge deal with the soundwave on to alert pedestrians, but I got used to telling Siri to honk the horn on my MTen3 with it.

I went in the town center with my V12. I almost hit a lady on the crossing because I could not brake in time. I managed to jump off it and some how catch it. I don’t know how I did it but it was so close. Second, I had to stop on a red signal, again could not stop in time. I had to again jump off it. The slow brake is a real danger. Be careful. I won’t ride mine on roads again. I came home shaking. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Paul g said:

I went in the town center with my V12. I almost hit a lady on the crossing because I could not brake in time. I managed to jump off it and some how catch it. I don’t know how I did it but it was so close. Second, I had to stop on a red signal, again could not stop in time. I had to again jump off it. The slow brake is a real danger. Be careful. I won’t ride mine on roads again. I came home shaking. 

Try these settings:

Offroad
Split ride mode
80%-100% speeding
80-100% braking

Jump pads/lean pads with the brake section perpendicular to pedal (not leaning back).

Should be able to brake pretty fast. Does not have the initial bite of Gotway wheels, but has good bite near the end (likely due to wheel size vs 18" wheels). With Flexpads (Hulajmarket), I hit overload/please repair alarms on braking more regularly than I'd like riding in busy streets. These pads are mounted low and doesn't provide much leverage compared to say Clarkpads, so with the proper setup, it should be easy to brake to the point of overpowering. If you haven't hit the alarm, you need to adjust setup and/or technique.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Paul g said:

. The slow brake is a real danger.

Try to set the braking a bit softer (commuter mode) and smaller percentage to braking, so that the wheel leans backwards a bit, at least for me it helps with braking. 

Edited by lirva
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Paul g said:

Are you using any accessories with v12?

IMHO, if you want to have more control - you need to use pads. It's not new, the same 'issue' was with v11 (the wheel was viscous)

https://eucmarket.ru/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/photo_2021-05-29_17-45-11.jpg

Edited by ien
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1