Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

1 hour ago, Paul A said:

If the BMS identifies battery number 'x' is faulty......which one is battery 'x' in the pack?

What is the owner supposed to do? 

Replace the faulty battery? 

Un-solder/re-solder a battery replacement?

If it is reported early, just when the cell balance starts to get worse, some proper charge cycles to get cells back into balance can help to prevent the death of the cell, wich would occur if unbalance is not known to the user.

But yes, if its too late, then all the end user can do is replace the battery pack. Just replacing cells or cell groups is too dangerous for an end user. There might be companies experienced in that, i don't know one, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But the big winner here is that with individual monitoring the user can react before the battery fails.

true, and peace of mind, no longer we have to worry about charging to 90% etc, we can see that all is ok at any time. 

This for me is the best feature this wheel brings to the game, I am not fast or anything, I have an s18 with 4p setup, I was happy with it, now I want the s20 :D

a bit irrelevant, but maybe interesting. 
This is my 4p s18, I weight 85kgr, and the other is the latest RS19HS, he weights about 70. The slope is over 35 degrees. I have a trail tire on, so it helps, but  it is still interesting to see the ability of the s18 in action compared to a strong wheel. I really hope their next release will be the s18 with smart bms and 4p. 

https://streamable.com/yz5p8s

https://streamable.com/l5vajq

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:11 PM, 5Cauac said:

OK, I originally skipped the Hot Tub talk on the EEVEE'S video and just now finished viewing it. I can definitely agree with the guys in regards to the suspension of the Hero.

Towards the very end of the day and most had gone their separate ways, Lukas brought out the Hero. I took her for a spin and yes, the suspension is WAY too squishy for my taste. It would make for an excellent street wheel for places where streets are badly maintained. Performance wise it felt like your typical gotway/begode. I wouldn't go with the Hero for my type of riding. The S20 will definitely be my next wheel.  :P

Hero.thumb.jpg.e9f89598e5d65ebee0d8f837b7a41e78.jpg

Looks like Mike Leahy thought the same about the Hero's suspension and that's after he pumped it up to max. "It feels Funny" :lol: To me it felt like Jello, weird I know. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xywM07w-TjE?start=613

Edited by 5Cauac
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

A quick snip from the group ride during the #revride visit to Seattle... 

Not playing for me.:efef27703d:

Works now! Thanks!

Edited by Paradox

14 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

A quick snip from the group ride during the #revrides visit to Seattle... 

Nice! Was that You? Couldn't tell if it was jumped/bonked up the stairs or was there a narrow ramp at the side.

9 minutes ago, 5Cauac said:

Nice! Was that You? Couldn't tell if it was jumped/bonked up the stairs or was there a narrow ramp at the side.

Ha! Not me, I'll wait until I can trash my own copy. And get better in the air (I'm not a jumper, fear still rules). That was a #revrides person, not sure who though (kind of dark). There's a ~40° slope that he hits, so it's sort of a bonk but it's not a curb... more of a ramp-ish thing. Where he hit it it's taller than the pedals, maybe a bit taller than the axel. As you get closer to the camera position (me) the rise gets taller and he did that a couple of times, but we were gathering for the group picture and sort of got in the way so he had to go where the ramp was a bit shorter.

Edited by Tawpie
fix guesstimate of slope angle, it's not as steep as I think it is... I think (not measured)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Really liking what I'm seeing so far from the S20. But that weight will give me trouble going up and down the stairs to my apartment. I wish there was a <=60lb ~40mph 18inch wheel -- basically the RS but minus the explosions.

You could get an RS from eWheels with the Litech packs.

8 hours ago, I_Must_Bust said:

Really liking what I'm seeing so far from the S20. But that weight will give me trouble going up and down the stairs to my apartment. I wish there was a <=60lb ~40mph 18inch wheel -- basically the RS but minus the explosions.

Are you sure though? Do you know someone with a Sherman you can try carrying (similar experience)? It's different from carrying a wheel with one arm because you have two handles and you also use your leg as leverage so it's not so very bad.

4 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

Any other additional questions there that I could try to check?

How wide and thick is the battery case.  How high are the foot plates off the ground?  I need these measurements for the purpose of making a stand.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1