Kingsong S20/S22 (Confirmed)

Mango

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Yes some people who air shipped it already got it, for the rest it's ~2 months waiting.

I have 2. 

I bought the 1st in April via eBay (AlienRides auctioned it for Ukraine).  I put 200 miles on it before upgrading firmware and that's what faulted the BMS and bricked the wheel.   I have no expectation of support from AR so I contacted KS-China.  They helped to reset the BMS on the battery but it made strange noise at slow and didn't power off without disassembly.   Meanwhile I found a loose wire from one of the batteries to motherboard and resoldered it (though it could'a touched anywhere).  Anyway, it powered back & balanced itself but made strange growling speed slow and would not shut off while not on charger.  So the KS-China tech declared it was the motherboard and sent a new one to the wrong guy.  Then rather than sending another they insist on getting others to forward it on to me someday.  They also dropped any hope of support on that wheel merging the claim into the eWheels claim for the 2nd wheel.  

I persuaded the sale of the 2nd from eWheels with the promise I would return the batteries and wait for the 40T packs in a couple months.  Well it powered up and failed saying the 5,6 pair of cells in the left pack were over/under voltage.  I hand measured and they are not, so the batteries were failed anyway.  Then putting my other batteries into this wheel it wouldn't charge them and when I figured out how to make it charge them it threw a new error about the hall sensor and growled & shook rather than riding over 5mph.  So I'm now suspicious of the main motor-cable hall sense connection since I was able to make it stop growling by pushing on that wire.  

Suffice it to say I'm SOL riding and have spent about $8K (and still counting).  I still want at least 1 S22 for offroad, but will replace road-commute with a Master.  Obviously KS dropped the ball on a customer here - and China/macro issues are manifest.  

Edited by Elliott Reitz
spelling
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 13

Any suggestions for a better road/street tire, or is the stock one really the best option?  What size is this tire if I want to search for a replacement - what do I search for?

3 hours ago, T.A.D said:

Any suggestions for a better road/street tire, or is the stock one really the best option?  What size is this tire if I want to search for a replacement - what do I search for?

Street tire is better unless you ride only/mostly on wet and loose off-road and want to optimize that. For everyone else the stock knobby tire is a bad option and only for looks. Search for 18x3” or 80/90-14 or 80/80-14 tires. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, T.A.D said:

Any suggestions for a better road/street tire

These are the options: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/19972-18x3-street-tires-msupers-sherman-etc/

(Availability varies by region, you'll have to do some web searching... please post there with your feedback after you try one of them)

11 hours ago, T.A.D said:

is the stock one really the best option?

AM-JKLWi5nB0oE0pZXjDK-2tF_E_nNvMhABQjeXb

No! :D 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

No! :D 

Haha maybe not unless riding on wet grass and thick mud? I was quite impress by Ian / SpeedyFeet's results with this tire.

Edited by supercurio

I've had a TR1 on my S18 for a while and I have adjusted to how it rides. For my use, it 80% off road,dirt,and grass and only occasionally on pavement. So I may be looking to swap for a more aggressive tire for the S22. 

I bit it a few times with the stick tire on wet grass and a slick mud patch. Never since the new tire. 

Biggest flaw for me is that it grabs pebbles in the tread and they grind the fender until they fling out. 

(Edited for grammer)

Edited by NErider
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NErider said:

Biggest flaw for me is that it grabs pebbles in the tread and they grind the fender until they fling out.

So true. And being a trials tire, the compound is pretty soft, so I'm expecting it to wear like... cold butter. Because of the pebble problem, I'll probably try to source an H66 80/80 just to get more space and lose a little of the pebble-grabbing. Unfortunately, the H66 is almost unobtanium on this side of the pond and when you can find it, it's very expensive.

4 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

anyone info about promissed report from 3rd party about BMS and battery?
Im still waiting... :angry:

Maybe the new High Discharge cell packs noted in the new wheel in Wrongway's vid are the "new 3rd party inspected" batteries. Ewheels provided them. I'll be interested to see what info comes out about it. 

14 minutes ago, litewave said:

eWheels site now showing street tire option for S22. :)

King Song S22 Eagle. $100 Deposit

Tentative price of $3,200, mass production arrivals expected in July
  • 3,300W motor, 43.5MPH top speed
  • 2,220Wh/126V battery pack, with SmartBMS
  • 20″ tire, available in either street or knobby
  • DNM Burner RCP-2S 240mm shock, with 130mm of travel
  • Estimated weight: 77lb/35kg
  • Other highlights: spiked pedals, integrated adjustable PowerPads, up to 10A rapid-charging (6A included), built-in kickstand

To heavy, to fast, to much range, to big. Crappy suspension - (built quality). Other than that - great wheel for euc "standards". :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt8892 said:

The EUC handy man will fix all the issues that the manufacture engineers are unable to fix

IMG_0544.MOV 2.37 MB · 1 download

...... well that's an idea.....

Did you print that?  If so what kind of filament?  Could I get the file?

Edited by wstuart

36 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Sealing the groove from entry of dirt/debris?

Reducing the size of the debis that gets in for sure, but also making sure any that does get in there stays in there (factory grease does that pretty well anyway). Adds a 'spring' to the works, and more friction and wear points as it slides up and down so until it gets some trail time the jury is out for me!

Looks promising though.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

Maybe there are two pieces of the rubber accordion sleeve for each track?

One on either side of the slider block?

Not sure how it performs when the rubber sleeve compresses and scrunches up though.

Might be something else that can fail and add further complications.

1 hour ago, NErider said:

I put in for my pre-order hours after the option was available last year.

I'd bet your wheel is stored off-site without batteries... if you were in the first 40. They arrived earlier this spring but were quarantined after the fire.

The last I heard was "maybe July", but it has been crickets and that is unusual. I know they're swamped and understaffed and V12 work is taking a lot of time BUT maybe @Jason McNeil could post an update here and save a lot of email work?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Topkek said:

Is the 40T a battery option for the production version?

only if you buy from eWheels (US only). It's a special configuration that requires a very high minimum order quantity.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 1:27 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

I have 2. 

I bought the 1st in April via eBay (AlienRides auctioned it for Ukraine).  I put 200 miles on it before upgrading firmware and that's what faulted the BMS and bricked the wheel.   I have no expectation of support from AR so I contacted KS-China.  They helped to reset the BMS on the battery but it made strange noise at slow and didn't power off without disassembly.   Meanwhile I found a loose wire from one of the batteries to motherboard and resoldered it (though it could'a touched anywhere).  Anyway, it powered back & balanced itself but made strange growling speed slow and would not shut off while not on charger.  So the KS-China tech declared it was the motherboard and sent a new one to the wrong guy.  Then rather than sending another they insist on getting others to forward it on to me someday.  They also dropped any hope of support on that wheel merging the claim into the eWheels claim for the 2nd wheel.  

I persuaded the sale of the 2nd from eWheels with the promise I would return the batteries and wait for the 40T packs in a couple months.  Well it powered up and failed saying the 5,6 pair of cells in the left pack were over/under voltage.  I hand measured and they are not, so the batteries were failed anyway.  Then putting my other batteries into this wheel it wouldn't charge them and when I figured out how to make it charge them it threw a new error about the hall sensor and growled & shook rather than riding over 5mph.  So I'm now suspicious of the main motor-cable hall sense connection since I was able to make it stop growling by pushing on that wire.  

Suffice it to say I'm SOL riding and have spent about $8K (and still counting).  I still want at least 1 S22 for offroad, but will replace road-commute with a Master.  Obviously KS dropped the ball on a customer here - and China/macro issues are manifest.  

I suspect you will fall in love with the Master and never turn back to the S22.  I am a black-diamond singletrack rider.  I rode Chance's Master for a day on chunky singletrack.  Trust me, the Master outperforms the S22 for me (notice I said "for me").   Let me know later if I called this correctly. :)