eucWatch - Standalone band/watch

8 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Yup, auto-recognized, and automatic on/off with raise/lower works great. Added a screenshot to my photoshare now.

Thanks, you have a special P22 version, the bosch accelerator is hard to find, worth looking at your link if one wants a p22.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:17 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

Small suggestions for watch:

• It would be nice to be able to turn the side LEDs off/on. On my Nik+, I sometimes accidentally turn the LEDs on and then have to fiddle forever to turn the damn things off again. It would also be really nice if it remembered your chosen LED setting when it did turn them back on.

As I had the same need for my mcm5, this feature will be implemented soon. (in collaboration with enaon)

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 9:38 PM, Rotator said:

@enaon, congratulations. Your work and the work from the other people you have mentioned is really awesome.

I have bought a p22b1 watch from Ali Express for 20€ and it works like a charm!

I really love to connect straight from the watch to the euc without using my phone as a bridge.

Is there any manual, guide, or description on how to use the interface and functions?

Many thanks. Fantastic job!!!

I can't get mine to connect into WearOS, only Heroband iii.

Any tips? :)

E: I did try to search forum to find solution, got the P22B1 aswell.

Edited by Kutvelo

7 hours ago, enaon said:

how do you mean "to connect into WearOS"?

I ment, I cant connect my watch at anything but the official software. Do I need to flash it with other operating system or something?

In short, how I connect it into EUC.World? 

Thank you :)

8 hours ago, Kutvelo said:

I ment, I cant connect my watch at anything but the official software. Do I need to flash it with other operating system or something?

In short, how I connect it into EUC.World? 

Thank you :)

You have to do your reading I'am afraid, this watch is not about connection to EUC world, it is about direct connection to the wheel.

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, enaon said:

You have to do your reading I'am afraid, this watch is not about connection to EUC world, it is about direct connection to the wheel.

https://enaon.github.io/eucWatch/tools/hackme/

Cheers mate, thank you! :)

You are spot on, I did use the search though but quess not thruly enough :lol:
E: I'm happy with any, just want speedometer on my wrist/helmet.

Edited by Kutvelo

I just want to say everything is great.  I like having my p22 on an elastic strap on the back of my hand in the palm area.  It makes getting to the horn button easy and keeps the watch from hiding in my sleeve.

I do have one problem. I am still looking for the long battery life.  I loose about 20% per day.  I have had the watch about a month and have already had to set the clock redo the settings a couple times for low battery.

I have all options off, airplane mode, and did a restart.  The watch sitting on the counter without being moved still loses about 20-25% per day of battery. Ideas?

12 minutes ago, duanew said:

The watch sitting on the counter without being moved still loses about 20-25% per day of battery. Ideas?

Strange. Mine idles at less than 1% per day.

Try disabling the 'lift-wake' feature, to cause it to stop polling the accelerometer?
(Lift-wake will always be enabled when connected to an EUC, so no harm in turning it off otherwise...)

18 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Strange. Mine idles at less than 1% per day.

Try disabling the 'lift-wake' feature, to cause it to stop polling the accelerometer?
(Lift-wake will always be enabled when connected to an EUC, so no harm in turning it off otherwise...)

That is off too. 

• Like 1

Also check the bluetooth mode selected. I leave mine in 'repeater' mode, which seems to sleep nicely as long as EUC World is not trying to connect to it...

AM-JKLUpQThTsCKYoqIIJc-02v5-KoN-l8uFbGP-ABlfM79al0DcgRimJip9qi6MW1bPRkvVZxTnmBlistB7mwV4NAcEujMZHVhnea7aMuHzWxMgc9jBUk5hBLoYaqQxfARmMB9t95Dan_zyLTq5SoGWk1oSdg=w997-h641-no?authuser=0

p.s. @enaon I'd be happy to volunteer to put together 20 slides of basic button descriptions such as above, once you reach your next major version milestone... ping me if desired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Also check the bluetooth mode selected. I leave mine in 'repeater' mode, which seems to sleep nicely as long as EUC World is not trying to connect to it...

AM-JKLUpQThTsCKYoqIIJc-02v5-KoN-l8uFbGP-ABlfM79al0DcgRimJip9qi6MW1bPRkvVZxTnmBlistB7mwV4NAcEujMZHVhnea7aMuHzWxMgc9jBUk5hBLoYaqQxfARmMB9t95Dan_zyLTq5SoGWk1oSdg=w997-h641-no?authuser=0

p.s. @enaon I'd be happy to volunteer to put together 20 slides of basic button descriptions such as above, once you reach your next major version milestone... ping me if desired.

Very nice RG!

4 hours ago, duanew said:

That is off too. 

20% drain/day maybe is because of the touch not going to sleep.

You can verify it by doing a down swipe with the screen off, it will wake up.

If this is the case, the wrong type is maybe auto recognized. Go to settings(swipe up from clock)->down center button->about->more-> make sure the second row displays p22 if you have a p22, if not touch it to change it to p22, then do a restart from the watch, to save the changes. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

@enaon I see there a new model out with a bigger screen and chipset Realtek 8762C do you think it will work on this watch ,, heres the link if you need more details  thanks ,, its a good price atm too,,, its also got a new charger which you can connect to update it,, maybe that might be useful

Deal: Sudugo Smart Watch, 1.69" Touch Screen Smartwatch 24 Sports Modes Fitness Activity Trackers, IP67 Waterproof Fitness Watch Pedometer Stopwatch, Fitness Tracker with HR Sleep Monitor for Android iOS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098PZNSL7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_4ZVRWJVM81VK19GJ1FWA

Edited by stephen

56 minutes ago, stephen said:

@enaon I see there a new model out with a bigger screen and chipset Realtek 8762C do you think it will work on this watch ,, heres the link if you need more details  thanks ,, its a good price atm too,,, its also got a new charger which you can connect to update it,, maybe that might be useful

Deal: Sudugo Smart Watch, 1.69" Touch Screen Smartwatch 24 Sports Modes Fitness Activity Trackers, IP67 Waterproof Fitness Watch Pedometer Stopwatch, Fitness Tracker with HR Sleep Monitor for Android iOS https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B098PZNSL7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_dl_4ZVRWJVM81VK19GJ1FWA

no, this one is a realtek I think. 

Out of the new ones, the one that will work by the end of the year and is bright enough for outdoor use, is the Kospet Rock. It is big, but light, ugly, but has two big buttons and will look nice on a wrist guard, so I think is suits euc usage.  

Kospet Magic and Colmi P16 will also work, but the magic is 1/3 of the p22's brightness, I think p16 is the same as the magic. 

Edited by enaon

14 minutes ago, Vam Monaco said:

What can it do that an Apple Watch cannot

Connect to and provide a dashboard without an app! Save your phone and watch battery, much lower cost if it gets smashed in a wreck. Plus, it’s “neato”.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vam Monaco said:

why would anyone buy this watch?

1. At-a-glance, touch-free speed display.

2. Vibrates when the EUC beeps, helpful if you can't hear the EUC beeper when riding fast, and vibration is more noticable when strapped to my wrist, than from a phone in my pocket.

3. Dirt cheap.

It's not a game changer, just a handy $30 thing.

• Like 1

EucWatch: 30 bucks+ 5 dollar elastic wristband. Big numeric display. Temp/battery/speed/amps

pebble: Old platform hard to find*

android watches: expensive*

Apple Watches, no elastic wristbands available, very expensive*

*must connect to smart phone to work. 

I will admit I like the ability to play music from my Apple Watch to a Bluetooth device or Helmet headset. Using the helmet controls to play music is near impossible. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GothamMike said:

I will admit I like the ability to play music from my Apple Watch to a Bluetooth device or Helmet headset. Using the helmet controls to play music is near impossible. 

I will add hid controls back soon now that I freed some ram, this is what the note does on the bt menu, it controls music playback without any software on the phone, it emulates keyboard presses.   BT music streaming could be possible, but there is not enough flash space to store any music anyway, so a remote controll for a music player on the phone is the best we can do with nrf and current hardware I think.

Edited by enaon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, enaon said:

I will add hid controls back soon now that I freed some ram, this is what the note does on the bt menu, it controls music playback without any software on the phone, it emulates keyboard presses.   BT music streaming could be possible, but there is not enough flash space to store any music anyway, so a remote controll for a music player on the phone is the best we can do with nrf and current hardware I think.

It may not be possible, or easy.

Lets say I have a BT mike and headphones in my MC helmet. I get a call. I can tap on the BT helmet set and answer.

Now lets say I'm listening to music or podcast, adjusting volume or skipping something would take several swipes and taps on a EUCWatch, where it comes naturally on a Apple Watch.

It would be nice to look at the EUCWatch and see who is calling, then you can tap the BT MC hemet unit and answer.

There would be four devices:

*EUC

*Smart Phone

*EUCWatch

*BT Headphones and/or Speakers, or the EUC speakers

I like DarknessBOT, I don't like the display on AppleWatch, too small. I'm certain Apple is restricting this formatting.

• Like 2

• enaon changed the title to eucWatch - Standalone band/watch